Prayers and Cards for Maxine's Daughter

Re: Prayers and Cards for Maxine's Daughter

Postby Maxine » October 10th, 2013, 1:36 pm

THANKS ladies! KMM thank you so much for sharing your story of your son. I know what you mean. Its heart wrenching. Brie is coming along well. Slowly but well. I need to find time to post picks of all the wonderful cards you all sent! She was amazed ! Made my heart sing!! I will say its strange getting to KNOW her again ...kinda boggles the mind. She is not the same person she was...Im not saying its a bad thing, just different. Some time I find it rather hard to wrap my head aroun. I could say it a million times and it would not be enough,Thank you ! all.
Maxine

Postby MeFlick » October 10th, 2013, 4:53 pm

Hey Maxine. Glad to hear she got a lot of cards and is slowly healing! I have been tied up with DD's Senior Year of VB. Matches more nights of the week then not it seems! At least with club ball, it only ties up your weekends! Regular season ended last week and now we are in the throes of state playoffs. All will be done in two weeks time! Hard to believe!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Maxine » October 12th, 2013, 4:26 pm

Meflick GOOD LUCK at playoffs!!!
Maxine

Postby MeFlick » October 13th, 2013, 5:25 pm

Thanks Maxine. They are doing well. Finished the regular season at 34-5. Won the regular season district title at 10-0. Won the district tournament. Won the Regional Tournament yesterday against a tough opponent. Means we host a substate match at home next Saturday. If they win that, we are one of 4 teams headed to the double elimination State semi- and Final rounds the following week. They finished 2nd in the State in their division last year as a very young team and DD REALLY wants to bring home the State Title for her Senior season!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Postby Elizabeth » October 13th, 2013, 8:11 pm

Sending best wishes for a win, and lots of fun for your DD, Melanie. It would be terrific if her team wins the state title.

(My DD will have her final week of field hockey next week. They won't be having any playoffs, as it was a pretty dismal year for them. It is a building year, with lots of players, including DD on Varsity for the first time. At least they had fun, and I got to see them tie once. I missed the one win of the season.)
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby MeFlick » October 14th, 2013, 9:30 am

Thank you Elizabeth. We also have a field hockey team at our school. It is a young program and they are building it as well. A few of her good friends are playing field hockey. They too didn't have a great year, I think they may have had a tie, but no wins. :( They are the only high school field hockey team in our State right now (so they like to say that they are always the "State Champs!" ;) :D They have to go over into North Carolina and around to find teams to play. Hopefully it will grow in the area soon! Good luck to your DD's program. It's always exciting for them when they get to play varsity! Hopefully they managed to have fun even with the dismal year!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Previous

Return to Off Topic