FBI ICE SCAM

FBI ICE SCAM

Postby kim » August 25th, 2013, 7:55 pm

I just spent the better part of the day trying to get this virus or whatever off my computer. It completely locks up your computer and, in my case, I couldn't even get rid of it via the methods recommended on the internet. I could not access command prompt or boot up in safe mode, safe mode with networking or anything. Everything I read about did NOT work and I was stuck. I did get rid of it finally....not even sure how or what I did but finally was able to get to a screen that had a system restore.

The only thing I was on last night when this happened was go to Far Far Hill to download a file. It was really LATE last night and since that was the only site I was on at the time, I figured that this is where I got this virus. Just thought I would warn everyone. This is a nasty virus that makes you think that you have done something wrong and wants money to unlock your computer. All it is is a SCAM and what is even worse....you will spend a lot of time trying to get it off your computer.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Re: FBI ICE SCAM

Postby Angel135612 » August 25th, 2013, 9:19 pm

Sorry this happened to you Kim. I know some of the sites where you can download papers etc, have so many "download" buttons, it is hard to figure out which one is the one you really want to click on. Usually if I come across a site like that I will either not download anything, especially if I'm tired or in a hurry, so i don't hit the wrong button, or I just leave with out downloading at all. My time and computer are not worth a few digital files for free. And Far Far Hill is usually pretty good.. so I wonder if she knows there is a virus among her files.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kim » August 26th, 2013, 10:37 am

as you know, I have downloaded a ton from Far Far Hill and never had a problem. But since this was about 2 a.m. in the morning (couldn't sleep) and the only site I was on, it is the only place I can think of that I got it. I downloaded one file just fine but the second one was the one that caused the problem. Something like Le Roi Gustav file.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Elizabeth » August 26th, 2013, 12:23 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Glad you got it fixed.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby PennyDuncan » August 27th, 2013, 12:56 pm

Oh that does stink Kim!!!!! Happy for you...you were able to get it off there!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Return to Off Topic