Digital Papers

Digital Papers

Postby Angel135612 » May 19th, 2013, 3:58 pm

How do you all organize your digital papers? I started to look through my files to find a few papers for a project I'm working on, and couldn't believe how many files I have of digital papers. Most of them were gotten from blog hops where designers were offering free digital kits for scrapbooking. I usually like to keep my files by designer, or website, but when looking for digital papers, I find that doesn't work. So I created a new folder and am putting copies of all my digital papers in there, so I only have one place to go look through them. But I was wondering how those of you that have digital papers keep them organized, so you can find what you are looking for.

I can't beleive how many files I downloaded in zip format, and never got around to unzipping them... LOL I'm finding all kinds of goodies that downloaded when I started paper crafting. Now that I do want to start using more digital papers, I may have to start doing some more of those bloghops, and learn how to change the colors in Photoshop if I like a design, but don't like the color.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Re: Digital Papers

Postby kim » May 19th, 2013, 4:25 pm

I have a ton of digital paper and the problem with digital papers are that they usually come in a set. So if they have a theme, i.e. travel, kid, holiday, then they go into a folder named that theme. The bulk of my paper does not have a theme, so they just go into the "Paper" folder. It's a lot of looking for what I want, but I don't know of any other way since I can't separate by color....many of the sets have multiple colors and/or designs.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Angel135612 » May 19th, 2013, 5:08 pm

That is part of my problem Kim, a lot of them are the same, just different colors. I'm sure sorting by color isn't going to work for me. By theme may work, but again, some of them may work for other things besides that main theme, and a lot of papers aren't themed at all.

I think for now, just having them all in one folder, where I can just open the folder and see the thumbnails of them, I can at least see them with out having to open layers of folders to just see 4 or 5 papers at a time.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Postby PennyDuncan » May 19th, 2013, 5:25 pm

I have a HUGE amount of digital papers.....cause I print my own paper rather then buying the stacks of paper......I usually sort mine by color family....IF it's a designer that I use a lot of their papers.....or stacks I had that I scanned......those I'll make a folder for that designer and the particular collection......if I download a kit I'll break it apart.....but the bows, ribbons, buttons...etc in the graphics folders in the appropriate category.......my system works well for me......
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Elizabeth » May 19th, 2013, 8:58 pm

I have a ton, too, mostly from the same designer. I keep one master folder with subfolders for each different collection. I had started putting it all on my large external drive in a folder with no subfolders, so that I could thumb through them without having to open each folder, but I haven't added any to that folder for awhile.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Return to Off Topic