The other love of my life

The other love of my life

Postby solovoyager » May 8th, 2013, 11:43 pm

besides crafting is ballroom dancing. Since my machine is still going through "surgery," I can't share any creations yet from my Lynx. I do want to share how ecstatic I was to be able to get some coaching lessons from Marzena Stachura, World and US Open American Smooth champion :D :D :D I'm still feeling my high because ballroom has been my passion for the last six years, I can't wait to start making rhinestone t-shirts and other craft creations that I can use and show off when I take my lessons. I used to wear this glitter shirt that says "Dirty Dancing" on it (got it when I saw the Broadway musical) and now I can design my own dance tees :) :) So excited!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Lorie
solovoyager

Cutter: Black Cat Lynx

Re: The other love of my life

Postby Elizabeth » May 9th, 2013, 6:19 am

That is so cool, Lorie! I love to watch ballroom dancing. (Must be all of those Sunday evenings watching Bobby and Sissy on Lawrence Welk when I was a kid.

It must have been wonderful to have lessons with such an expert.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby PennyDuncan » May 9th, 2013, 7:02 am

Oh I remember that show...I would watch it to with my Great Grandmother.........That's a GREAT picture Lorie!!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Retta » May 9th, 2013, 8:37 am

I would love to do this or the Irish jig, line dancing, square dancing. To feel better would be so nice!!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby solovoyager » May 9th, 2013, 10:29 am

Retta, I haven't done the Irish jig or the square dancing but I can tell you basic line dancing is a lot of fun!! I learned and taught a few line dancing routines for a retirement party through youtube :D
~Lorie
solovoyager

Postby solovoyager » May 9th, 2013, 10:33 am

Elizabeth, I was so nervous and star struck when Marzena was there but she was such a sweetheart and very down to earth, she made feel at ease at once.

Penny, miss Patrick Swayze (Nobody puts Baby in a corner - hmmm, another tee-shirt idea in my head!) and thanks!
~Lorie
solovoyager

Postby LisaH » May 9th, 2013, 10:35 am

Great pic, Lorie and I know you were extatic with the lessons from such an accomplished dancer! (I know I would have been-LOL)
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby kim » May 9th, 2013, 11:09 am

What fun!!! I know you will remember that for the rest of your life! And now you will be able to design your own shirts. LOL. Loved Dirty Dancing. I would just love to dance.....I always try to lead. Just can't get the knack of following. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: And DH can't follow either. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Return to Off Topic