Whatcha' Cookin' for...

Re: Whatcha' Cookin' for...

Postby Angel135612 » May 7th, 2013, 7:26 pm

Elizabeth wrote:I'll be over for leftovers! Tomorrow at Diane's, and Thursday at Elsa's!

There won't be any leftovers at my house... Sorry Elizabeth!!! LOL
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » May 7th, 2013, 8:34 pm

I have several - no surprise there. One that I love is the Hamilton Beach as it has three separate containers - 2, 4 and 6 quart and you just set the button for which size you have on - so you can do an appetizer dip in the 2 qt or a large pot of chili in the 6 or in between!! Have the Ninja Easy Cooking System which I really love (see on blog) and a 6 qt. Cuisinart.

I DID make the minestrone soup with farro and zucchini and yellow squash - was pretty good. Also made the mini croissants (frozen) from QVC that are soooooooooooooo good!! They come frozen flat in a bag and rise in the oven while baking. Think they are on my blog too. Love the minis cuz I don't feel quite so guilty when I eat one! LOL
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby LisaH » May 7th, 2013, 9:25 pm

I haven't had the ones from QVC...but I L-O-V-E LOVE croissants!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » May 7th, 2013, 10:00 pm

OMG Lisa.........they are unbelievably good. I was on auto delivery for the regular size (which are really jumbo) so switched the the mini's when the came out with them. They are melt in your mouth buttery goodness!!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Suzan » May 7th, 2013, 11:16 pm

I have that one also Lisa it is awesome
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Elizabeth » May 8th, 2013, 5:56 am

That's the one I have, also. I am on my third crockpot in 28 years. I use it a lot! Lately, boneless chicken thighs have been my favorite thing to slow cook.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Postby craftchallenged » May 16th, 2013, 1:02 am

I recently broke my crock pot's glass lid. :(

In the search for a replacement (lid or crockpot), I've come across this: http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-IP-LU ... ure+cooker and wondered aboutit. It has excellent reviews on Amazon, and would replace my crock pot, my rice steamer, as well as pressure cooking to speed up meals. I know pressure cookers have a bad rap right now, but it's not their fault they were used like that.

Does anyone else out there have a favorite pressure cooker or multi-use appliance? I'd love the feedback.
craftchallenged

Cutter: 18" Cougar

Postby Elizabeth » May 16th, 2013, 6:49 am

I have been using my grandmother's pressure cooker for almost 30 years, but just as a regular pot to boil pasta and potatoes. I don't even have the pressure cock, and the rubber gasket is totally dried out. I believe it dates back to the 1940s.

I took a look at the appliance you linked, and it looks pretty interesting. If my family ate more rice and beans, I would definitely be interested in it. As it is, I don't think I would use it enough.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Elizabeth

Postby PennyDuncan » May 16th, 2013, 9:01 am

I think that is something similar to what Gigi uses ALL THE TIME....she swears by the one she has.......
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Postby LisaH » May 16th, 2013, 11:41 am

This is the one I have...and I really like it! this is a pressure cooker sear combo http://www.hsn.com/products/elite-13-fu ... er/6287011

Here is Gigi's ( I think - LOL) this is a slow cooker/sear/roasting combo http://www.qvc.com/Ninja-6-qt-3-in-1-Sl ... ?$uslarge$

But Gigi also has pressure cookers and loves them as well...LOL
LisaH

Postby Gigi » May 16th, 2013, 12:18 pm

Well you can see who knows me well!!!! You are right - I dont have the all in one. I have the Ninja which I love because I can bake, sear and slow cook in it - it's awesome.

And I have a 4 quart pressure cooker (think it's on my blog) that I got from QVC a while ago and also have a 6 quart that I keep in the garage for larger items. Since I am cooking for me most of the time, I don't use the larger that often.......

It does look intriguing. Sometimes when there is an appliance that does too much, something suffers. But based on the reviews it seems pretty incredible. I had never heard of it before last night. And now I have to forget I heard about it!!! :banghead: :banghead: :hide: :ROFLMBO:

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MeFlick » May 16th, 2013, 3:33 pm

So Gigi - tell me more about the Ninja. I saw it at Sam's Club this morning. Had never seen or heard of it before and was intrigued by it (but not enough to actually buy it at that moment! ;) ) I forget the price but it came with some "accessory" pieces.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » May 16th, 2013, 6:22 pm

What would you like to know??!!!?? I LOVE it..... I love the versatility of it and it cleans beautifully , so much better than the stoneware crocks that seem to stain with certain foods and get like a white film. It will brown your food or just cook - so you can use it as you would a stove top burner with three different heats, or you can steam bake (I still have to try that) or slow cook or even do a buffet setting which keeps things warm. The one pot cooking is cool as is the steam roasting. One of the first things I did in there was a lemon rosemary roasted chicken and it was SOOO moist!! Here is a video on their site that gives you a quick snapshot of what it can do.....

http://ninjacooking.ninjakitchen.com/media/

There are also videos on different recipes so you can see how things are done. Hope that helps.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MeFlick » May 17th, 2013, 1:47 pm

Thanks Gigi. No particular question. Just wondered how it worked and if you liked it. Personally, cooking to me is not a joy it is a necessity but nothing I find great pleasure in like some! ;) Second, because my kids both play sports, we are always raising in and out so anything that can get something cooked without much effort on my part, or time to be there I find intriguing. ;) So I just wondered how it really worked.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » May 17th, 2013, 3:34 pm

Well I think you would enjoy it...... but there are a lot of good options out there!!

Good luck!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby kim » May 18th, 2013, 5:35 pm

Well, my brother fixed red beans and rice for tonight. I think he dumped a whole bottle of Tabasco in it. My lips are burning and turning numb! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: From what little I could taste, it was good!

The other thing he made was potato skins....yummy!
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Angel135612 » May 18th, 2013, 7:41 pm

Tonight we are going to Chipotle, we have a coupon buy one get one.. and it will be enough for two meals for both of us. So it's like buying one burrito and getting 4 meals out of it!!!
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Postby kim » May 18th, 2013, 8:22 pm

That sounds good!
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Elizabeth » May 18th, 2013, 9:12 pm

I love Chipotle. Tex Mex is my fav! The red beans and rice sounds delicious also. I made baked stuffed pork chops, biscuits, and broccoli tonight. This afternoon, I made two big batches of chili. One with meat, and one with red lentils for vegetarian DD. I ran out of chili powder, though, so will have to finish it and get it in the freezer tomorrow.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » May 24th, 2013, 6:04 pm

Anybody cooking anything good? I have a ground beef and cheesy polenta casserole, pizza style, in the oven. It's an experiment for me, as my family has never eaten polenta. I was bored.

Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic