Need to vent out - warning (this might be a tad long)

Need to vent out - warning (this might be a tad long)

Postby solovoyager » April 24th, 2013, 9:54 pm

I know that I'm very new in this forum and that everybody doesn't know much about me so I apologize for this long vent. First off, I would like to say I'm so happy to know how great of a customer service Sherri and others are providing, nowadays, good customer relations are rare to find, Sherri is doing her best to find a resolution with the issue on my new Lynx and I really appreciate that. I'm sad that my crafting has to be put on hold but I'm happy that there are still businesses out there who's main goal is to satisfy their clients rather than to milk money.

I recently had this bad experience with an eBay seller who sold me a defective Cricut Mini, shipped it upside down, the box seal was broken, and the packing material was incomplete inside which I'm sure didn't help and knocked things about while in transit probably resulting to the machine becoming inoperative (right off the box, the machine power button just blinked red and green and the feed mat button was not working meaning the rollers weren't even spinning). Long story short, I returned it to her, had to pay shipping costs (cost me almost half the price of the machine) and she emailed me back and straightly accused me of returning back the wrong item to her and the item I returned was not new. I was completely appalled, did she think I had a few of them just lying around and I get some kind of profit switching them around? Anyway, I just couldn't believe how people still conduct their business. So bottom line, I'm happy to be here now and dealing with Sherri. Thanks for reading my post but I was so upset!!
~Lorie
solovoyager

Cutter: Black Cat Lynx

Re: Need to vent out - warning (this might be a tad long)

Postby rachellann » April 24th, 2013, 11:01 pm

Yes Sherri Is awesome and a real great lady to work with. you'll find lots of help and answers to questions that may come up an just ask away and more than one of us will likely to jump in and answer what we can.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » April 25th, 2013, 12:19 am

Lorie -

I am so sorry for the bad experience you had and am glad that even though you are disappointed, you have every reassurance that Sherri will do whatever she needs to do to be sure you have a machine that is operating as it should. It is refreshing to know that there really ARE people who care and she is the best. As Rach said, everyone here will be here for you too as you need help or have questions.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby LisaH » April 25th, 2013, 7:53 am

Well, both Rachell and Gigi have said it so well, I have nothing to add. :D yep, Sherri is an awesome person that we are all fortunate to know.
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Elizabeth » April 25th, 2013, 8:44 am

Lorie, I'm glad you are in good hands now, after your horrible experience on Ebay.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kim » April 25th, 2013, 9:08 am

Lorie, so sorry you had a bad experience with ebay and "the lady", but glad you made your way to a Lynx and Sherri. You are in good hands and when you need us to help, we all will be glad to chip in where we can. Actually, I think tomorrow I will be setting my niece's Lynx up to a new computer she has and she can't get it going. Will have to see if Aunt Kim can get it going or if I am going to need help again. computers are not my thing.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby PennyDuncan » April 25th, 2013, 10:13 am

Bless your heart on the experience on Ebay.......I would have been FURIOUS had It been me....You won't find better customer service then with Sherri...she is amazing!!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Postby solovoyager » April 25th, 2013, 10:31 am

Thanks for the replies and from what I've been reading in this forum, the glowing reviews on Sherri's exemplary customer service relations made me finally decide to jump in and purchase the Lynx machine. I thought I was making the right choice of starting small and getting the Cricut Mini first so that I can learn the basics of die cutting and upgrade from there but once again, I was reminded of that lesson that you get what you pay for! I can really say that I'm very satisfied with what I have read so far in this forum, there's quite a family feel to it, happy to be here!
~Lorie
solovoyager

Cutter: Black Cat Lynx

Postby kim » April 25th, 2013, 12:11 pm

Lorie, we are a family here. We like our family. We vent, we cheer, we comfort, we help....all the things that families do. And we are glad to welcome you to the family. We all, in our different ways, have come to appreciate the excellent customer service we have gotten from Sherri. I think that you will be soooooo glad that you didn't keep that Mini after you see what all your Lynx can do. I have an Expression and hardly ever used it. Actually, I was just sitting in my office trying to remember where I put all those cartridge boxes so that I can just bite the bullet and list them on ebay. I can honestly say that the Cougar opened my eyes to the world of crafting.

I did have an experience with ebay where I sold something. I thought I had packed it really well, but the package arrived damaged. I would have never considered accusing the buyer of damaging the product....why would she? Well, luckily I had another and sent it to her. She was happy. I know I get packages that get damaged....it just happens. Don't worry yourself over how others act. Some people just have mean hearts.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby LisaH » April 25th, 2013, 12:35 pm

According to the hubs - and this info came to him from UPS - if the package (no matter what it is - paper, glass, electronics, etc) cannot withstand repeatedly being dropped from waist high onto the floor withouth the contents being damaged, then it isn't packaged well enough.
LisaH

Postby Gigi » April 25th, 2013, 12:37 pm

I know that's true, but the visual just cracks me up and makes me shudder all at the same time!!!

Can you imagine the research to actually say something like that??!!?? :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby LisaH » April 25th, 2013, 12:44 pm

I know, right??!! Wonder how many breakables had to be broken??
LisaH

Postby Elizabeth » April 25th, 2013, 9:45 pm

I'm pretty sure I have been on the receiving end of some of those "test" packages! :ROFLMBO:
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Return to Off Topic