ENABLER ALERT!!! New group buy website

ENABLER ALERT!!! New group buy website

Postby Angel135612 » April 22nd, 2013, 9:34 pm

I was reading on the ModPodgeRocks blog about a new group buy site called MassDrop
https://www.massdrop.com/home
You can go there to read all about it. They are having a buy on The Twinery twine right now, 22 color sampler pack, 15+ yards of each color for only $24.50 plus shipping ($4 in the USA) which make each color just $1.30 or $0.09 per yard. They are having a 3 pack of larger spools also, but you will have to go there to find the details.
You can suggest items for group buys,vote on polls for other buys, so the members get to decide on what the buys are. The more people joining a buy the greater the discount. (The twine is at the greatest discount of 37% off.). I placed my order for twine, and you don't get charged untl the buy is complete. So even if you join a buy early, if the price drops, you will only be charged the lowest price.

ETA: There is only 14 hours left on this buy as of 8:38pm mountain time 4/22
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Re: ENABLER ALERT!!! New group buy website

Postby kim » April 22nd, 2013, 9:48 pm

now that sounds neat! May have to take a look....not much into twine but who knows!
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby LisaH » April 23rd, 2013, 7:22 am

Thanks Diane, sounds interesting. ;)
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Angel135612 » April 23rd, 2013, 8:15 am

I took a look around the site some more last night, and they have a lot of different things that are being voted on right now... from Electric Toothbrushes, to Vitamix, to Embroidery Software to work boots...and I even saw a 3D Printer as one of the polls... (That would be so awesome, but not sure what I would do with one... LOL) If you vote on a poll, you aren't required to actually buy, but they do want to have a good idea of how many people are interested in something before they go talk to the Manufacture to get a deal.

At last check this morning, there have been 65 people that bought the twine, and there is just under 4 hours left to join in.
Angel135612

Postby Elizabeth » April 23rd, 2013, 10:21 am

This looks cool. Thanks for the heads up, Diane.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Postby Angel135612 » April 27th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Just thought I would post an update, as you may remember, I ordered the Sampler pack of 22 colors of twine when they had this buy, and I received it today. The colors are beautiful, and while I don't usually use twine, now that I have different colors to pick from, I may use it more. When my selection was limited, it seemed like I never had a color that went with anything I was making... so now I'm going to have to remember I have this and start using it.
I was hesitant to join in on the larger spools of twine (3 colors per pack) as I didn't know which colors I would really use or if I would really want THAT much twine. But I'm so happy I joined on the sampler pack. On The Twinery website, they sell the same sampler pack for $39 with $3.75 shipping... so a savings of over $14 by going through Massdrop.
I check out the site a couple of times a week to see if they have added any new buys or polls. It seems like there doesn't have to be a huge amount of people buying to make it successful... as only 11 people took advantage of the larger spools of twine for that buy. However, it does look like there has to be a certain number of people before the discount is at the max, and I assume that that number is set by the manufacture, when Massdrop contacts them for pricing.
If you are interested, the Tim Holtz Distress Markers are on a group buy right now, with 40% off (the max discount) a full set. 13 people have bought them, and it is going to be live for 4 days and 15 hours from this posting. As tempted as I am to get these, I don't really use markers that often, and I need to use the ones I do have before I go buying more. But thought I would let every one know about it.
Angel135612

Postby whizzy » April 27th, 2013, 9:17 pm

You could always make your own too . . . just saying ;)
www.scrapsofstuff.com
Mac OS X 10.9, Windows 7
Inkscape, Signcut Pro (with dongle) & Scal3  tiny bites! )
whizzy

Cutter: 18" Cougar

Return to Off Topic