Had great time in concordia while hubby didn't at home

Had great time in concordia while hubby didn't at home

Postby rachellann » April 14th, 2013, 4:07 pm

I want to thank you all for the great time we had on our vacation scrapping trip. As the ladies know while I was enjoying myself hubby had to deal with the kids and getting to school ok let say he sent one on Thursday but Friday he was still asleep 9:30 when I called him so they didn't go to school a bad dad he was. Well Thursday he took the grandson to a therapy meeting and when he went to put the little fart back in the car he was not minding wanting to be ornery and not get into his car seat so Allen laid his tablet on top the car and forgot about it, mind you he drove over rough railroad tracks and another half mile before heading up a ramp to get to the high way up it fell off going up the ramp he did not know this but retraced his steps and did not find it he thought it was gone for good. We got a call from a lady and she wanted to talk to Allen so I handed him the phone and I hear him answering question then describing the table and what was in the zipper pouch with it. Yep these two older people had found it on the up ramp and tracked him down and even brought it to the house because the were going to a local pizza place that was only about 7-9 blocks from the house, we offered them some money for finding and returning it but they refused. I has made hubby very happy to have it back so even though he was upset and had not done everything he was supposed to while I was gone he at least has his tablet back to read on and that in it's self made for a happy ending.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Re: Had great time in concordia while hubby didn't at home

Postby LisaH » April 14th, 2013, 4:24 pm

So glad you enjoyed yourself, Rach! Maybe the kids needed a break from school...LOL...and I'm glad it still shows that there are good people in this world, by the returning of Allen's tablet - Jamie would have been throwing up sick if he lost his iPad. Renews your faith, doesn't it? Bet Allen remembers to check on it's whereabouts more frequently now...ROFLOL
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby kmmhug » April 14th, 2013, 4:33 pm

What a sweet older couple!
Kathy
kmmhug

Cutter: Cougar 18" Cameo

Postby kim » April 14th, 2013, 4:58 pm

First of all, glad you had such a great time in Concordia. Bet Allen really appreciates you!!!
Second, so glad that he got his tablet back. Nice that there are still good, decent and honest people in the world. Third, the kids probably needed a day off from school. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: Yep, bet Allen is really really appreciating you right now.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby rachellann » April 14th, 2013, 5:07 pm

LOL ladies he still looking at the tablet and can not believe it didn't break or anything. but he did catch heck for not sending the kids to school like he should of needless to say the next time I am going to have to hire a sitter to get him up and make sure the kids go to school. Yes were were totally shocked because he even went from pawn shops to pawn shops and second hand store to check and see if someone had found it and tried to sell it and to think there are still honest to goodness people who searched until they found the owner.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » April 14th, 2013, 5:50 pm

That is amazing that he got the tablet back - and as many have said, it certainly DOES renew your faith in people. I love hearing stories like that -how kind of them.

Glad things ended on a good noted - and missing one day of school isn't the worst thing, but then again if I was in your shoes I would have been livid!!

Happiest that you had a good time Rach and got a break for a while. Sounds like it was a great weekend for all in the long run!!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Lindacrew4 » April 14th, 2013, 6:54 pm

Sounds almost funny now, but I would call it lucky getting the laptop back, and lucky that you didnt lay into him...lol
Lindacrew4

Cutter: 13" cougar

Postby Elizabeth » April 14th, 2013, 9:13 pm

Glad you had fun, and that Allen got his laptop back! I think it is good for everyone when the Mom gets a fun weekend away, even if (and maybe because) the routine flies out the door!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Sassycutter » April 14th, 2013, 10:15 pm

Lindacrew4
Oh, she did lay into him. I heard Rach on the phone with Allen...I was afraid and I didn't even do anything!!! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
So much paper, so little time....
Sassycutter

Cutter: 13" Black Cat and Foilmaster

Postby Mary Kobe » April 15th, 2013, 5:28 am

As Sassy said, she did lay into him. But she did it with a smile on her face! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
Mary Kobe

Postby PennyDuncan » April 15th, 2013, 5:45 am

Oh WOW!!!! That just gives you chills....how WONDERFUL those people were to go to such efforts......Like the others said...definately shows the goodess in this world does still exist....So thrilled you had a wonderful time.....I had to giggle on the kiddos missing school!!! ROFL
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby MeFlick » April 15th, 2013, 7:14 am

Glad to hear that everything worked out in the end. Rach got her relaxing, fun ladies trip to Concordia with stories most of us will never hear since we weren't there. Kids got a day off of school, Hubby got to sleep in, spend time with the kids and grandson, and still found honest people in the world and got his tablet back in one piece! Glad it all worked out for EVERYONE (especially the kids! LOL)
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby allandra42 » April 15th, 2013, 9:03 pm

Was so good to meet you rachellann and I am so happy someone found the tablet and returned it that is awesome. I figured it was gone forever. I love when people do the right thing. I got back to find out someone had my debit card number and has spent 1200 dollars from my checking account., :( So the kids missing school could be alot worse. I know you were frustrated with him but I am glad he found his tablet. I cant imagine losing my ipad.
Hours spent in my craftroom are considered by me "Time Well Spent"
Please visit my blog: http://timewellspentbylesa.blogspot.com/
allandra42

Cutter: 15 inch Cougar, 24 inch Silver Bullet

Return to Off Topic