Any costume designers out there?

Any costume designers out there?

Postby janrichards » April 10th, 2013, 8:51 am

I have a roll of "damask" looking material that my aunt brought over from Japan many, many years ago. It is an off white background with gold weaving and very heavy. Could be used for upholstery I guess but it is certainly not in style. I was thinking more of an oriental costume for a play maybe. It is gorgeous stuff and in very good condition but I have no idea who might be interested in it. Any thoughts?
Jan
janrichards

Cutter: 15" Lynx

Re: Any costume designers out there?

Postby kmmhug » April 10th, 2013, 9:32 am

Could you post a picture of it? Is there a lot of it? How much would you want for it?

I am in the midst of tearing apart a antique fainting couch and my h is going to refinish the wood parts and then I am going to re-upholster it. I am kind of looking around for material that is old fashioned with gold in the print so I might have interest depending on what it actually looks like and price.
Kathy
kmmhug

Cutter: Cougar 18" Cameo

Postby janrichards » April 10th, 2013, 1:29 pm

I will shoot you a pic tomorrow. I am not sure there is enough here for a whole couch. I will also gt some basic measurements on it. I gotta tell you though it is REALLY GOLD!
Jan
janrichards

Postby janrichards » April 13th, 2013, 2:54 pm

Sorry this took a few days. I was waiting for some sun,HA! The material is 27" x 4.36yds. (approx). It is heavy and I could see it being used to do some chairs or making a table runner or wall hanging, even a costume but there is not enough here to do a couch. Anyone know where I might find someone else who would be interested?
Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
janrichards

Postby Suzan » April 13th, 2013, 6:46 pm

So pretty.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Return to Off Topic