WHAT TYPE OF WALL VINYL?

WHAT TYPE OF WALL VINYL?

Postby allandra42 » January 13th, 2013, 7:05 pm

What type of wall vinyl do you prefer? I bought some from ebay and It is shiny and kind of hard to use when trying to weed it it us hard to see the lines and it just doesnt do as well as some vinyl I have used. I bought wall pops when lowes sold out of them a few years back and they cut so much better but I dont have enough of them so I need to buy some black. Brown, and green vinyl for my walls but I would like to know what you use that is the best vinyl and easy to use, and where do you get it? Lesa
Hours spent in my craftroom are considered by me "Time Well Spent"
Please visit my blog: http://timewellspentbylesa.blogspot.com/
allandra42

Cutter: 15 inch Cougar, 24 inch Silver Bullet

Re: WHAT TYPE OF WALL VINYL?

Postby LisaH » January 13th, 2013, 7:45 pm

I use US Cutter and you can buy their brand (Greenstar) or Oracle. Both have interior and exterior vinyl to choose from. The Greenstar is mostly glossy but the black and white both come in matte as well. The best part - your order ships for $9 and it's usually pretty quick. HTH
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Suzan » January 13th, 2013, 8:56 pm

I buy from US Cutter all the time. They are great. I prefer mat vinyl and use Oracal 631, but I also have some greenstar and it cuts nicely also. I wouldn't use anything permanent on the inside walls it might damage them. And with US Cutter 1 roll or 10 rolls ships for 9.00 and like Lisa says they are quick. In fact one order had some items on backorder, and they didn't charge extra for the later shipping. Just 9.00 total.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Deb Za » January 13th, 2013, 9:26 pm

I use Oracal 651 (shiny, outdoor and craft) or 631 (matte, wall), and like those the best of the ones I've tried. I get mine at www.hhsignsupply.com , and if you like their FB page, they run specials. Just Friday they had a $5 shipping day. Their regular shipping is pretty fast (they are in Kentucky), but the $5 special takes a bit longer. I don't mind for just $5, though!
Deb
BC Lynx, SCAL, rank amateur at Inkscape
Deb Za

Cutter: Lynx

Return to Off Topic