Recipe Share...

Recipe Share...

Postby LisaH » December 10th, 2012, 4:46 pm

Here's a few-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Re: Recipe Share...

Postby Suzan » December 10th, 2012, 4:52 pm

I just feel the weight attaching to my body reading these. Thanks for sharing.
I can't wait to try them
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby LisaH » December 10th, 2012, 5:01 pm

You're welcome :D
I know...anything I'm cooking...I'm trying to bag, box or plate to leave my house as soon as I possibly can shove it out the door!!!
LisaH

Postby Mary Kobe » December 10th, 2012, 5:04 pm

Oh, man! Those all look so great! My mouth is watering and I still have an hour before I get to head home!

I better wipe the drool off of my computer!
Mary Kobe

Postby kim » December 10th, 2012, 5:17 pm

Okay, I am not a fan of the fruit cake, actually can't stand the stuff, but a friend once gave me a little baggie of about a dozen of these things and I sat and ate every one. The next year, I hid them from DH and DS and again, ate them all! I finally talked her out of the recipe with the promise that I would never make them for the teachers (her son attended the same school as mine). She said it was the one thing she could make and had a monopoly on it. :ROFLMBO:

Mini Fruitcake Muffins (some might call these "Lizzies")

1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c. flour
1/2 lb. red cherries, candied
1/2 lb. green cherries, candied (these are usually available around the holiday time)
2 1/2 c. pecans, chopped
1 small can coconut flakes

Preheat oven 300 degrees.

Mix milk and flour together in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients. I usually cut the cherries in half. Stir until everything is evenly coated. Spoon mixture into mini muffin pans. If I have no liners, I will spray the muffin tins with Pam. If you would like, you can also spoon onto a greased cookie sheet and make little cookies.

Put a pan of water on the bottom rack. Place muffin pans on top rack(in the middle of the oven). Bake for ABOUT 30 minutes. Watch carefully so they don't get too brown. Baking too long causes them to be hard and stick to the paper if you use liners. If you make cookies, bake for about 20 minutes.

And here is a family favorite and really doesn't have measurements, but put as much as you like.

Fruit Salad

2 can of Mandarin oranges
1 can Pineapple chunks
1 can fruit cocktail
couple of bananas, sliced
coconut, shredded
pecans, halves
1 bag mini marshmallows
red seed less grapes, usually about half a bag
maraschino cherries or we like the candied cherries
sour cream (I usually use several dollaps, just until I get all the fruit coated.)

Just mix and chill. Usually top with a few of the candied or maraschino cherries on top. For Xmas, I will add the green and red cherries.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Mary Kobe » December 10th, 2012, 5:49 pm

Here is a real easy recipe. So easy, I know it by heart! My mom used to make these all the time but we had to wait til Christmas.

1 cup of coconut, ground
1 cup of pecans, ground (I use my meat grinder so they are both real gooey)
1 large package jello (I like the strawberry)
2/3 cup Sweetened Condensed milk

Grind the coconut and pecans in a medium size bowl.
Add the dry jello and mix well.
Add the Sweetened Condensed milk.

Mix all ingredients. It will be very stiff, so I use my hands. Cover and refrigerator for about an hour. When chilled, roll into balls about the size of a nickel. Chill until ready to eat. (I can hardly wait for them to chill!) They are very sweet and yummy!

You can use lime jello, too. (The strawberry and lime are the Christmas colors!) I have never tried other flavors, as these are the ones that my mom would make, but I am sure any flavor would work. I do like the strawberry much better than the lime.
Mary Kobe

Postby LisaH » December 10th, 2012, 5:50 pm

Those sound great Kim!

THANK YOU!!!! My MIL makes the Fruitcake Cookies...and would never give me her recipe (correctly, anyway!) So now, I will use this one...it sounds like it's the exact same thing :twisted: :twisted: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

And the fruit salad will be a great "cool" type of dish to carry somewhere! :D
LisaH

Postby LisaH » December 10th, 2012, 5:53 pm

Mary...oh my...yum-my!
LisaH

Postby Elizabeth » December 10th, 2012, 9:27 pm

Yummy!

Lisa, the cream cheese thingys look sooo good!

Mary! Thank you so much. I have been trying to find that recipe forever! My neighbor used to make them for pot-lucks, without the nuts, and I loved them. I didn't know what to call them to do a search.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Elizabeth » December 10th, 2012, 9:32 pm

Here is my all time favorite cookie recipe. I adapted it from an LL Bean recipe called Naomi's Hermits. (Naomi is my oldest daughter.)

Naomi’s Cookies
½ cup butter 3 cups flour
¼ cup Crisco ½ teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sugar 1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ cup brown sugar 1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 beaten eggs ½ teaspoon cloves
¼ cup molasses ½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon nutmeg
Cream the butter, Crisco and sugars. Beat in the eggs. Add the flour.
Toss together the flour, salt, baking powder and spices, add to the
creamed mixture and mix well. Scoop onto greased baking sheets
with a small ice cream scoop or a spoon. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12
minutes. When cool, ice with vanilla buttercream icing and dip in sanding
sugar.
Vanilla Butter Cream: ¼ cup butter, 2 cups confectioner’s sugar, 2 Tablespoons
Milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix butter and sugar till well blended, add vanilla and milk,
Mix until smooth.

I make these every year at Christmas, and often get requests for the recipe from women whose husbands don't like cookies. I'm not sure why, but it has happened several times. People who like cookies love them also!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » December 10th, 2012, 9:41 pm

Here is a Cranberry Coconut Bread Recipe. It looks a lot like the one I have made in the past, which I can't find.

Cranberry Coconut Bread

Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) sweet butter
2 eggs, well beaten
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups flour
2 cups chopped cranberries (I just cut them in half)
1 cup white raisins
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup pecans (optional—if you use them, cut the coconut back to 1/2 cup)
2 teaspoons vanilla
Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour 2 regular loaf pans or 5 small ones.
Cream together the sugar and shortening. Add the eggs and mix well. Stir in the cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, and blend thoroughly.
Measure out the flour, and place 2 tablespoons of it into a bowl along with the cranberries, raisins, coconut, and pecans (if using). Mix well, and add this fruit mixture to the butter batter.
Blend in the remaining flour and the vanilla. You will have a fairly stiff batter. Spoon it into the prepared pans.
Bake the loaves until a toothpick inserted into the center of the batter comes out clean—about 55 to 60 minutes for the large loaves and 35 to 40 for the small ones.
Let the loaves rest in their pans for 10 minutes; then remove them and let them cool on a wire rack. Makes 2 large or 5 small loaves.

From Tinky Weisblat’s Blog – In Our Grandmother’s Kitchen

Note: I would never put raisins in this! I have tried it with and without the pecans. It is good both ways, just depends on whether you like nuts in your baked goods. I do, but my family - not so much.

Elizabeth

Postby Angel135612 » December 10th, 2012, 9:56 pm

LisaH wrote:You're welcome :D
I know...anything I'm cooking...I'm trying to bag, box or plate to leave my house as soon as I possibly can shove it out the door!!!

Lisa, You can send some of the Pecan Balls to my house.... I have heard them called by other names, but those are my all time favorite Christmas cookie... I just don't bake any more, so haven't made them in ages.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Postby Gigi » December 11th, 2012, 12:12 am

OMG you guys - those are amazing......

Candy Cane Marshmallow Pops! (easy and cute!!)
ngredients:

Large Marshmallows
Chocolate Chips to melt and dipping (she used Ghirardelli)
Small candy canes, some to put in the marshmallow, and a half a cup of crushed for dipping

Directions:

Stick a mini candy cane into the large marshmallow. Dip the marshmallow into the melted chocolate and tap the stick on the side of the bowl to allow excess chocolate to drip off, then roll into the crushed candy cane. Place on a waxed paper lined baking sheet and allow to set. That's it!!

==========================================
Canadian Lemon Bread

Servings 12
Prep Time: :0
Cook Time: :0

Very good and easy!

1/2 cup butter
1 lemon (large)
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
2 eggs (beaten)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup nuts (chopped)
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Cream together butter ins sugar until fluffy. Grate peel from lemon and add to creamed mixture. Squeeze juice from lemon and set aside. Add eggs, flour, baking powder, salt and milk to creamed mixture and blend well. Stir in nuts. Turn batter into greased 9x5" loaf pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Combine lemon juice and powdered sugar and mix well. Pour over hot loaf and allow syrup to sink into bread. Turn loaf out onto a rack and cool.

Makes 1 loaf

================================================
Eggnog Quick Bread (for Elizabeth)

Havent made this yet but it sounds yummy!!

Makes one loaf or three mini-loaves

In large mixing bowl, blend the following well and set aside:

1 1/2 cups eggnog
2 teaspoons rum flavored extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter flavored shortening

In a second mixing bowl, blend the following and add to the first bowl:
2 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 rounded teaspoon nutmeg
powdered sugar for dusting after loaves have cooled

Lightly grease the bottoms of your baking pan(s) and pour mixture into pan(s) evenly. If baking one large loaf, bake for about 50 minutes until golden and center springs back to the touch. If baking in three mini loaf pans, bake for about 35 minutes or until done as described above.

Allow baked bread to cool in pans about 20 minutes and remove carefully by gently running a flat mini spatula around the edges of the bread to loosen and allow bread to cool completely on wire racks or parchment paper.

===============================================

Christmas Toffee

Can't remember if Lisa shared this one on the other thread or not - sorry if it's a repeat - this is sooooooo good!!
Best Christmas treat ever and what a surprise!!

Don't eat all at once!!

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Line a cookie sheet with edges, with saltines, salt side up.

3. In microwave in tall bowl, heat 2 cubes butter and 1 cup brown sugar until bubbly, about 5-6 minutes.

4. Pour evenly over the crackers and put in the oven for 10 minutes.

5. Cover with 1 package milk chocolate chips and spread evenly over the crackers as they melt.

6. Put in freezer for one hour. Bend tray slightly to pop out after an hour or so.

====================================================

Strawberry Pretzel Salad

This is a family favorite and requested often!

2 cups pretzels
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter (melted)
8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
1 (12-ounce) container Cool Whip
1 cup sugar
1 (6-ounce) package strawberry jello (large)
20 ounces frozen strawberries
2 cups water (boiling)

Mix crushed pretzels with melted butter and 3 Tbsp. sugar in a 9x13" baking dish. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Cool.
---------------------
Mix cream cheese, Cool Whip and 1 cup sugar together and spread over cooled pretzel mixture, spread all the way to the edges of the baking dish.
--------------------
Mix jello, frozen strawberries and boiling water and allow to partially cool. Then pour over cream cheese layer and refrigerate.

===================================

And this is a Christmas morning request
Cream Cheese Danish

The most asked for holiday treat!

2 (8 1/2-ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 egg (separated)
sugar and cinnamon
slivered almonds (optional)

Grease a 9x13" baking pan. Unroll one package of crescent rolls and spread in the prepared pan, smoothing over the perforations.

Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, almond extract and egg yolk. Spread over the crescent roll dough. Cover with the remaining package of crescent rolls.

Beat the egg white and brush over the top of the dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar and slivered almonds (optional).

Bake in a 350 oven for 20 minutes or until browned. Cool for 30 minutes before cutting into squares.

==============================
Warning...... this one is HIGHLY addictive!!!

WHITE CHOCOLATE PARTY MIX
1 lb. white chocolate
3 c. Rice Chex
3 c. Corn Chex
3 c. Cheerios
2 c. stick pretzels
2 c. dry roasted peanuts
12 oz. pkg. M & M's plain candy

Slowly melt white chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water. Combine cereals, pretzels, peanuts, and M & M's in a large bowl. Slowly pour chocolate over mixture and stir to evenly coat. Spread the mixture on wax paper and cool. Break into small pieces. Store in air-tight container and refrigerate to keep fresh. Yield 12-14 cups.

You can use any combination of the above ingredients to suit your taste. You definitely CANNOT eat just one!!!
==================================================

I have more but will spare you!!! Can you tell I love to bake?!!?? Maybe that's why I love the holidays because there are actually people to cook for!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Elizabeth » December 11th, 2012, 11:03 am

These are all making my mouth water! Thanks for the Eggnog Bread recipe, Gigi! I will be trying it out this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Elizabeth

Postby Mary Kobe » December 11th, 2012, 12:05 pm

I am sure you have all heard of baking in cans, but just thought I would throw this idea out there in case anyone is interested. I save several cans this time of year and bake quick breads (non-yeast) breads. Pour your bread mixture into well greased or sprayed cans about 2/3 full and bake for about 35 minutes. Cool slightly and remove bread from cans. When completely cooled, wrap bread in foil and place in large freezer bags. These are very pretty to give as a gift with a ribbon attached. Lay them sideways and slice, then put on a plate.

AND, you can throw the cans away after use! No washing!
Mary Kobe

Postby LisaH » December 11th, 2012, 12:07 pm

Thanks, Mary!

I've done the jars, but never the cans...cool idea!!
LisaH

Postby Gigi » December 11th, 2012, 12:11 pm

That is a cool idea!! I have seen them but was afraid to try it!!

I often do mixes in a jar and everyone seems to love those.

And Elizabeth- just found a killer recipe for eggnog cookies - want that one too??!!?? It REALLY looks good. They put a powdered sugar eggnog glaze on the cookies and thinking that would be heavenly on the breads. Plan to make my breads this weekend too!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Elizabeth » December 11th, 2012, 1:10 pm

Yum on the eggnog glaze! I will be doing that for sure.

Mary, I have vague memories of my mom making New England Brown Bread in cans, but I may just be remembering her opening the cans that B&M Baked Bean company still sells. I'll have to ask her about it. It is pretty good stuff! She served it with the traditional Saturday night beans and coleslaw.

Elizabeth

Postby kim » December 11th, 2012, 1:40 pm

I'm HUNGRY!!! Anyone that has "leftovers" is more than welcome to send some my way!!!

Lisa, the Fruitcake cookies took some begging, serious begging on my part to get my friend to part with the recipe. She was serious when she made me promise not to make for any school functions, for anyone in the parish we live in, and not to give out the recipe to anyone other than out of state. This is actually the first time I have ever given out the recipe.

After everyone gets finished posting, I am going to print all these recipes and hopefully give some a try.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby LisaH » December 12th, 2012, 11:50 am

I went "digging" through my old backup cd's and came across one that was nothing but recipes...Betty Crocker Cookies (tons of them), Secret Restaurant/food Recipes - Bunches, Breads (more than I want to bake!) so if anyone is interested in any of them - I will zip the files and upload...just let me know ;)

Oh, and the Neiman-Marcus cookie one as well... ;)
LisaH

Next

Return to Off Topic