Update - Latest PET Scan

Update - Latest PET Scan

Postby Sassycutter » November 27th, 2012, 5:50 pm

We got the results of my husband's PET scan yesterday. The chemo has had little to no effect on the cancer. The damage to the bones is significantly increased. He is having pain in his back, neck, and arm. They are going to do a couple of weeks of radiation for those three areas to try to decrease the tumors and help with pain management. After that the doctor has one other type of chemo to give and then he is out of options for treatment. I just feel this tightening in my chest and it keeps getting tighter. This is so hard.

On the bright side, he felt very well for our daughter's wedding and we had a wonderful time. The wedding went smoothly and everything went as planned. I will bore you with photos as soon as I get some. Now, I am praying he gets to see our son get married next July. Please keep him in your prayers. I just know the prayers from the forum are heard and are helping others when requested. Thanks for being here for me!! Hugs to all of you. :grouphug:
So much paper, so little time....
Sassycutter

Cutter: 13" Black Cat and Foilmaster

Re: Update - Latest PET Scan

Postby janrichards » November 27th, 2012, 6:16 pm

I wish I had a magic pill to make it all better. It is so hard to see a loved one suffer. Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Best wishes to both of you.
Jan
janrichards

Cutter: 15" Lynx

Postby tamihowse » November 27th, 2012, 7:12 pm

Wireless, hugs and prayers to the One who loves you all. Fondly, Tami
tamihowse

Cutter: 24" Cougar

Postby whizzy » November 27th, 2012, 7:43 pm

I wish I could just make it go away too! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. Happy for you that DH was able to enjoy the wedding & that all went well — it will be lovely to see some pics!
www.scrapsofstuff.com
Mac OS X 10.9, Windows 7
Inkscape, Signcut Pro (with dongle) & Scal3  tiny bites! )
whizzy

Cutter: 18" Cougar

Postby LisaH » November 27th, 2012, 8:03 pm

Feel so terrible for you - but lean on us, we're here for you to draw strength from. Will continue with prayers and healing thoughts.
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby kmmhug » November 27th, 2012, 9:04 pm

:( I am so sorry...Praying that the radiation will go better and that the remaining type of chemo will work on his tumors. Before they try the next kind of chemo, ask if they will send a sample of his tumor for test with various chemo's. A friend of mine had very aggressive breast cancer a few years ago, and they wanted to do a mastectomy, one type of chemo, radiation, followed by another round of a different chemo. There was a newly developed test available, but her insurance tried to deny it as experimental. She persevered and finally got it approved. It turned out the main type of chemo they had planned to give first would not help her tumors at all. They ended up changing the plan a lot all based on those tests. In the end she got the chemo that did shrink her tumors and she is still cancer free at this time.

It would be good to know if the chemo will not help, so he does not go thru all the side effects of chemo for no benefit and perhaps they could find a different type that would work that they had not previously considered.,,,.
Kathy
kmmhug

Cutter: Cougar 18" Cameo

Postby Gigi » November 27th, 2012, 11:44 pm

My heart aches for both of you. Prayers and hugs continue.......

And as Lisa said, we are all here for you. Wish we could offer more....
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby rachellann » November 28th, 2012, 12:36 am

I will defiantly be keeping you in my prayers. I wish I could be there and give you a big hug.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby CaseysAngel » November 28th, 2012, 12:38 am

I am so sorry. Definately praying for you honey!!!!!!!
CaseysAngel

Postby Mary Kobe » November 28th, 2012, 6:11 am

Saunceria, keeping you and Donnie and my prayers. If there is anything I can do, let me know. Keep your chin up! We are here for you!

Hugs!
Mary Kobe

Postby Retta » November 28th, 2012, 6:37 am

Dearest Lord, please help Sassy, her DH and Family. Our hearts cry with hers for healing for her DH. We ask that you heal him. that you help the doctors help him. that you give them the strength to persevere. Give them peace and let them know You are there. Meet each and every need as only You can. We thank You for the great time at the wedding. What a Blessing that was! Help the good memories sustain everyone and encourage them! Lord we ask all these things in Your precious name. Amen.

Sassy hang in here and remember you have been there for others, please allow them to be there for you and your family! Hugs my dear.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby MeFlick » November 28th, 2012, 8:30 am

Amen to Retta's prayer for you and yours. Continued prayers for them to find the right combo to help him heal and be there for your son's wedding next July.

So glad that you both were able to enjoy your daughter's wedding! Looking forward to you sharing your pics here with us. God Bless!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby kim » November 28th, 2012, 4:57 pm

Still praying!
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby PennyDuncan » November 28th, 2012, 5:06 pm

Oh Sassy....Please know prayers continue from me as well...I am without words and very sad for you ma'am....The Lord is definately walking through this with you!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Postby shirltop » November 30th, 2012, 10:58 am

You and your husband are in my prayers every day. I am so glad that he was able to enjoy the wedding. Now keep your chin up, keep him fighting and he will make it to the next wedding! I am right there with you (in spirit :-) ).
"The time has come for us to stand a little taller." Gordon B. Hinckley
shirltop

Cutter: Black Cat Lynx

Postby Mary Kobe » December 20th, 2012, 6:27 pm

Just wanted you to know that I talked to Saunceria (Sassycutter) today. Her husband is still in the hospital. He went in with bowel problems from the pain meds. He is not eating and refuses to eat. She said he has not eaten in two weeks but they are giving him IV's. He needs to get his strength back so that he can possibly try another type of chemo. I believe she said he had a three more radiation treatments before they can look at the other type of chemo.

He is at a hospital 45 minutes away and she goes to see him everyday. He probably will not be home for Christmas. She did not go to see him today due to the weather.

When I called today, her power was out and she was getting cold. So the dummy that I am asked if she had a space heater! We both laughed, then made funny remarks back and forth about electricity and how she could warm something up in the microwave, or turn on the light in the bathroom.

Please keep her and her family in your prayers.
Mary Kobe

Postby PennyDuncan » December 20th, 2012, 8:43 pm

Thanks so much for the update Mary.....I am continuing to keep them in my prayers!!!! Hey at least you got her to giggle for a bit!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Postby kim » December 20th, 2012, 10:26 pm

My heart goes out to you as well as my prayers. Keep your hope alive and know that we are all here giving you cyber hugs.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby iggylover » December 20th, 2012, 10:54 pm

Dear Heavenly Father,

Please be with Saunceria and her husband during this difficult and trying time. Please bless him with hope, faith, a sense of Thy love and concern and care for him. Bless him with a knowledge that Thy Son, Jesus Christ has suffered all our pains and infirmities and has infinite empathy and compassion for his pains, sorrows, worries, and fears. Wrap him in the arms of Thy love and bless him with strength and the ability to handle the pain he has been facing. Please bless him that he will feel a desire and ability to eat so that he will be able to regain strength and vitality. Please bless Saunceria that she will be able to have the strength and energy she needs at this time to be a caretaker for him. Bless her with peace and hope and a sense of Thy love for her. Bless her to be safe in all her travels. Bless their house that it will remain safe while they are away, that the power will be restored quickly, that everything will run smoothly for them allowing them to focus on the health needs at the moment and not be stressed and distracted more.

All this and any other blessings that Thou has waiting for them, please pour down upon them.

In the name of Thy Son, our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, amen.
iggylover

Postby allandra42 » December 21st, 2012, 9:02 am

Sassy I am so sorry you are going through this.. I am thinking of you and your family. Lesa
Hours spent in my craftroom are considered by me "Time Well Spent"
Please visit my blog: http://timewellspentbylesa.blogspot.com/
allandra42

Cutter: 15 inch Cougar, 24 inch Silver Bullet

Next

Return to Off Topic