I Have A Problem!

I Have A Problem!

Postby kim » May 7th, 2012, 7:21 pm

I am a Hoarder.
I am addicted to crafts.
I am a compulive shopper.
This problem has forced me to bend the truth (to DH).

I cleaned up my craft room this past week and organized some of my spaces. I have more stuff that I could use in a lifetime and I keep buying more. What is wrong with me? I tell myself to not buy and use up what I have on hand, then I look at something and I don't want to use it up. I still want to "save" it. My brain is telling me one thing and my heart is telling me something else. I freely admit I have a problem.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Re: I Have A Problem!

Postby LisaH » May 7th, 2012, 7:24 pm

:? me too :oops:
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby whizzy » May 7th, 2012, 7:45 pm

"do you wanna workshop it?" — LOL
www.scrapsofstuff.com
Mac OS X 10.9, Windows 7
Inkscape, Signcut Pro (with dongle) & Scal3  tiny bites! )
whizzy

Cutter: 18" Cougar

Postby Angel135612 » May 7th, 2012, 8:36 pm

I don't think that is a problem at all.... and I am afflicted with the same thing... LOL
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Suzan » May 7th, 2012, 9:44 pm

It is a blessing and a curse, I have it really bad. The one and only time DH helped me move stuff he saw my stash of paper in a trunk and just kept muttering what a wonderful husband he was. LOL
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » May 7th, 2012, 9:54 pm

I am with you Kim (and everyone else who has fessed up!) I clean out things and donate to kids programs who use crafts for therapy and swear I am going to keep the drawers empty (and that last for a while) and then something new comes out tht people are raving about and I have to have it. I am a little better than I used to be, but have a long ways to go.

I am determined now that my youngest moved out of the extra room to put my volunteer stuff in the other room and really clean out things in here and only keep what I will use. But I flit to so many different things that it's hard to let go. I have two HUGE boxes of unmounted and clear stamps in the garage - they went out there about 8 months ago and I swore if I could live without them I would get rid of them. So far so good, but I still have plenty in here and buy more. Trying to USE them more.

I LOVE crafting - I guess we could have worse vices! :oops:
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Phyllis » May 7th, 2012, 10:12 pm

It's an incurable disease but I have found an antidote lately which is an empty pocket book. LOL.
Phyllis

Postby veronika44 » May 8th, 2012, 12:33 am

O how well I know that disease! Disorganization is added here..I don't even know what I have or where it is so I buy more.
veronika44

Postby whizzy » May 8th, 2012, 12:49 am

The really bad part is when you discover a little bag of treasures (you just had to have at the time) a year later!
www.scrapsofstuff.com
Mac OS X 10.9, Windows 7
Inkscape, Signcut Pro (with dongle) & Scal3  tiny bites! )
whizzy

Cutter: 18" Cougar

Postby LisaH » May 8th, 2012, 6:22 am

I went online yesterday evening and ordered some stuff...and told my husband last night that he had Mother's Day covered...the look on his face was priceless!!! :twisted: Well...I got what I wanted and he didn't even have to spend time looking and trying to figure something out :ROFLMBO: he should be happy ;)
LisaH

Postby kim » May 8th, 2012, 7:52 am

:ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: I have many duplicates of things that I have bought and then bought again because I didn't know I already had it. And I don't even bother telling DH that I have him covered anymore. He knows I am going to get something and if he gets me something, then I got a bonus! There has got to be a better way to have all my supplies listed so that when I go to the store, I don't buy it again. Tried keeping a book in my purse with a list, but I kept forgetting to update it. AND I don't have one of those smart phones!
kim

Postby CaseysAngel » May 8th, 2012, 7:53 am

I was HORRIBLE about that for a long time. I would buy everything, just had to have it, but then I didn't want to use it becaues I might find a better use later and won't have it.

Well that later came. I gave up my scraproom for Summer and I gave all those things I was hoarding to a few charities and sold the rest. I never used those hoarded things and now they were completely out of style. Oh, don't get me wrong I kept a few but it sure opened my eyes to all the money wasted.

Does that help? LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby Trisha » May 8th, 2012, 8:00 am

whizzy wrote:The really bad part is when you discover a little bag of treasures (you just had to have at the time) a year later!

:ROFLMBO: And can't even remember what the project was you had in mind when I bought it!

Trisha
In God We STILL Trust
Trisha

Postby Elizabeth » May 8th, 2012, 9:15 am

I am a compulsive spender, too. When I am obsessed with something, I can always justify buying all the supplies and tools that go with it. I was keeping the paper craft "thing" sort of under control until I discovered Distress Inks. Somehow, I keep thinking I need all of the colors. I was putting away the new ones I just received from Blitsy, and DH came up to my craft room to say goodbye. I laughingly told him that after my order from Joanne arrives, I will only need five or six more to complete my collection. He just shrugged and laughed. He is a good man! (and his hobbies are at least as expensive as mine.)
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Postby Dana » May 8th, 2012, 9:37 am

I have the same problem, but mine is slightly different. I try and figure a way to do make do with what I have or make it myself more economically. By the time I figure out how to make it or make do, I usually don't want it anymore. LOL

For example... I love all those rhinestone projects, I could see myself buying the rhinestones and setters, but honestly... I think I would make a max of 2 or 3 shirts, I'd just as rather pay Gramof8 to make them for me. LOL

My one girlfriend buys stuff ALL the time, not sure how she does it, but she "wife prices" everything. There is the REAL price and the WIFE price, what she tells her hubby. I keep telling her she is going to get caught one of these days.
Dana

Cutter: Lynx "Nikita"

Postby Elizabeth » May 8th, 2012, 9:45 am

"Wife Price"? Wouldn't want to be around when that comes crashing down!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Elizabeth

Postby Dana » May 8th, 2012, 10:24 am

Me either or is it neither? LOL
Dana

Cutter: Lynx "Nikita"

Postby LisaH » May 8th, 2012, 11:25 am

I look at it this way...he dips, I quit smoking YEARS ago...so I'm just compensating... :ROFLMBO: No, really, he never asks how much. I know our limits and I would never spend a large amount without us discussing it first. And as long as he has his money for his normal things and some extra each week, he's good to go. And if he's out and sees something he wants to get, he knows usually what's available money wise and if he's not sure, he calls.
LisaH

Postby kim » May 8th, 2012, 12:26 pm

I just recieved a bill where DH bought shoes for the dog. Yes, shoes for the dog and it wasn't cheap. Now I will feel no guilt when I go and buy some craft stuff. :ROFLMBO:
kim

Postby Elizabeth » May 8th, 2012, 12:38 pm

Furragamoes? Yes that should be good for a few craft purchases, Kim. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

Elizabeth

Next

Return to Off Topic