Grandson visit

Re: Grandson visit

Postby Phyllis » March 28th, 2012, 10:00 am

Mary, ouchy, I know that hurt. And I'm probably the boss of all of you since I'm retired, soooo listen up when I speak, :whip: :D . I was the youngest of my siblings and was always bossed by all of them.
Phyllis

Postby Mary Kobe » March 28th, 2012, 10:17 am

Phyllis wrote:Mary, ouchy, I know that hurt. And I'm probably the boss of all of you since I'm retired, soooo listen up when I speak, :whip: :D . I was the youngest of my siblings and was always bossed by all of them.

My sister and I are 2 years apart. Five years later, another sister, 10 months later, another sister, 2 years later, a brother. The younger ones were known as "the babies", then "the little kids". I have a friend who still refers to them as "the little kids"!! My third sister was always trying to boss everyone (and still does!), but she really bossed my brother!
Mary Kobe

Postby Retta » March 28th, 2012, 11:22 am

I'm the oldest in my family and my middle sister - is the one that was always wanting to be the oldest, so she thinks if she knows first and can boss us - she is it. I let her think that until I don't want her too anymore!!! LOL
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Elizabeth » March 28th, 2012, 1:55 pm

Mary, that is so weird! I am a "little kid" in my family, too!! My four older siblings are each 1 year apart. I was born almost a full three years after my sister (3 oldest are boys). My younger brothers are 2 and 5 years younger than I. We three are the "little kids"(aged 47, 45, and 42 lol)and the other four are the big kids. When we get together, I love to point this out!

I can't think of anyone in my family who is really bossy. Maybe its me? :?
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Suzan » March 28th, 2012, 2:00 pm

Well I am the only child of an only child and I had an only child. Can you see the disaster in all of this. LOL We are all bossy. I am sure my dad even tries to give God advice in Heaven. LOL
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Mary Kobe » March 28th, 2012, 6:12 pm

Suzan wrote:Well I am the only child of an only child and I had an only child. Can you see the disaster in all of this. LOL We are all bossy. I am sure my dad even tries to give God advice in Heaven. LOL

You know he is giving you Heavenly advice!!! :ROFLMBO:
Mary Kobe

Postby LisaH » March 28th, 2012, 8:40 pm

well...I'm the baby of 7...my oldest sister was 18 and a senior in high school when I was born...the 6 older than me are 2 to 3 years apart and then I came along 6 1/2 years after the 6th...Mama went to the doctor because she thought she had the flu :shock: it was me :ROFLMBO:
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » March 28th, 2012, 8:55 pm

Well you are clearly more enjoyable than the flu bug!!! Your mother was blessed with number 7 - that's for sure.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby LisaH » March 28th, 2012, 8:58 pm

that's what she called me Gigi...her blessing ;)
LisaH

Postby Gigi » March 28th, 2012, 9:04 pm

Well that you are - to all of us too!

I was the youngest of six - well I am an only child but my mother lost all of the babies before me and I was born at six months. I was as big as a potato so my Dad said... 2 lbs/6 oz. I was their miracle so I guess we have that in common :)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby LisaH » March 28th, 2012, 9:09 pm

a blessing and a miracle...and everyone here thinks we're Heckle and Jeckle... :ROFLMBO:
LisaH

Postby Gigi » March 29th, 2012, 12:48 am

LOL Lisa!!! Well....... those are our alter egos! :) :bighug:

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Elizabeth » March 29th, 2012, 6:16 am

e
Last edited by Elizabeth on March 29th, 2012, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kim » March 29th, 2012, 10:16 am

Well, I am the oldest and my brother is only a year younger than I am. But I was the bossy one. Still am. DH was the baby. DS is an only child, only because that was God's Plan, not mine. I wanted five, but DS finally came along 13 years after DH and I married and all the doctors had basically given up. So DS was a blessing or rather, God's Gift. I know I've told you all before, but when DS was little, he would tell everyone that he was "gifted". His way of repeating what I always told him....he was God's Gift to me. Of course he is a teenager now and I sometimes wonder about this "gift" :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: as I am waiting up til midnight for him to come home, but hopefully this stage passes quickly.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Suzan » March 29th, 2012, 11:19 am

Oh Kim that is so awesome, Bryan and I only had one also and she was God's gift, we were years trying to have Valerie. It is a hard emotional road. And i know the feeling waiting waiting waiting, and then they just don't understand why we wait up. Valerie was out one night at a friends for dinner, on her drive home she was t-boned by a drunk driver. She wasn't hurt at all, the car was totaled. And they caught him. And he paid. But the moral of the story is. Valerie I trust you completely, it is the other idiots out on the road.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Mary Kobe » March 29th, 2012, 12:32 pm

kim wrote:Well, I am the oldest and my brother is only a year younger than I am. But I was the bossy one. Still am. DH was the baby. DS is an only child, only because that was God's Plan, not mine. I wanted five, but DS finally came along 13 years after DH and I married and all the doctors had basically given up. So DS was a blessing or rather, God's Gift. I know I've told you all before, but when DS was little, he would tell everyone that he was "gifted". His way of repeating what I always told him....he was God's Gift to me. Of course he is a teenager now and I sometimes wonder about this "gift" :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: as I am waiting up til midnight for him to come home, but hopefully this stage passes quickly.

Kim, we never stop worrying about our kids. My oldest is 30 and I still worry! But it is a different kind of worry, if that makes sense.

My DH wanted a large family. He had two boys from a previous marriage. I have 5. His mom always said he wanted a big family. Well, he got it! Along with all the issues, chaos, and fun of having a large family!!! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: DH and his brother are 8 years apart and DH would hang out at the neighbor's house when he was younger. The neighbors considered him the "7th child"! And to this day, the family calls him the 7th child!!!
Mary Kobe

Postby kim » March 29th, 2012, 3:32 pm

:ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: I know my parents still worry about my brother and me, but in different ways. And yes, DS really thinks that I don't trust him, but as Suzan said, it is not a trust issue with him.....I don't trust everyone else! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: I keep trying to tell him that accidents are called "accidents" because they weren't planned and that there are nuts out in the world. And a lot of people who don't know how to drive. The one thing that makes me VERY thankful is that he always wears his seatbelt and gets others in his car to wear them. But I still worry. I worry about DH and he is grown! With his having to travel from the airport late at night, I have bought him every kind of emergency kit I could find. The man is set if he ever breaks down! AND he has AAA. :ROFLMBO: When DS argues with me and doesn't understand WHY I wait up, I just explain to him that if I didn't love him, I wouldn't care what he did and if he had gotten hurt. LOVE = WORRY.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Previous

Return to Off Topic