He said YES!!!!! ***with pics***

Re: He said YES!!!!!

Postby Angel135612 » June 3rd, 2012, 11:17 am

I have the email with the coupon... I'm just trying to be good and not spend any money. Besides I shouldn't be driving. I pulled a hamstring at work on Thursday and need to stay off my leg for a few days. (but I think the coupon is good all week, and I have to go back to the Dr Monday morning... and Archivers isn't too far from there... LOL) Also my LSS takes Archivers coupons, but only up to 30%... still 30% is better than nothing, and they have things I can't find at Archivers or Michaels or JoAnns... and they don't put out their own coupon for percent off anything. So I can see two stops on Monday after the Dr (that is if I don't have to go back to work later that day, which I don't think I will... and I'm off on Tuesday).
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kathybessey » June 3rd, 2012, 11:33 am

Ouch Diane! Don't push it with that hamstring, save the coupon for later in the week! I have never been to Archiver's (we have one in Boise). I am saving that shopping experience for when Suzan comes out to Idaho in October, then we can go together!

Mary I think the Archiver's trip is the best idea!!!
kathybessey

Postby Suzan » June 3rd, 2012, 11:35 am

Oh yea Mary, go to Archivers
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Mary Kobe » June 16th, 2012, 9:01 am

Well, I started the make-over this weekend! Just a small glitch in plans. With dh on disability, I have decided that the carpet and paint has to wait. Even though I have saved my 5.00 bills for the project, I do not want to spend any more than necessary as there are other things we need.

I have cleaned, moved, moved again, (even thought I measured, I still had to move things again!). I have an antique desk (covered with plastic) that has a drawer. Got the desk all in place, and the darn drawer would not open because another table that forms an "L" shape hung over the drawer about 1/2 inch! There was not a 1/2 inch to spare on the wall where the desk was. DH to the rescue! He suggested I move the other table out about a foot from the desk, and WHOLLA!!! I can open the drawer!!!

I have a looooooooooooooooooooooonggggggggggggggggggggggg ways to go, but it should be done today! It better be! I want to PLAY!!

And if anyone sees me in Joann's, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or my LSS, drag me OUT!!!!! Even if I am kicking and screaming! DO NOT LET ME IN THOSE STORES!!!! Not only should I not be spending, I do not need ONE MORE THING! I am looking at things I need to purge and right now I am looking at 3-18 gallon totes of PAPER that I need to sort through and donate!
Mary Kobe

Postby PennyDuncan » June 16th, 2012, 9:12 am

LOL.....Will make that note....Hehehe....Wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...I'm EXCITED for you on getting to work on your ARTHaven!!!! Hope you'll share pics when it's all set up......I bet it feels good to start getting it all set up!!! Don't overdue it....remember we're not spring chickens anymore!!! ;)
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Mary Kobe » June 16th, 2012, 10:00 am

PennyDuncan wrote:LOL.....Will make that note....Hehehe....Wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...I'm EXCITED for you on getting to work on your ARTHaven!!!! Hope you'll share pics when it's all set up......I bet it feels good to start getting it all set up!!! Don't overdue it....remember we're not spring chickens anymore!!! ;)

LOL, Penny! Boy, do I KNOW I am not a spring chicken! I feel it EVERYWHERE today! I am bound and determined to get most of it done today! Even if I don't get all the paper sorted, I can at least sort what I don't want!

I will post pictures when it is all done. I wish I would have taken "before" pictures, but I didn't. I did find my very first "notebook" that I kept all my stickers in! AND, it still has the stickers in it! I laughed to myself! Then, started thinking of all my "original" supplies that easily fit on a five foot table! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
Mary Kobe

Postby Suzan » June 16th, 2012, 10:07 am

Hey I resemble the remark we are spring Chickens, ok I am a fall/winter chicken, then. I know the excitement and I feel the pain, oi, what gets in our heads to move stuff, ask me I know, LOL Shall I bring the jet and help. I can stay Emperor's Suite. LOL
Suzan

Suzan

Postby PennyDuncan » June 16th, 2012, 10:55 am

ROFL....Oh Mary....isn't it funny...I have come across the same folder I think....LOL....bought tons and tons of stickers and NEVER NEVER NEVER used them!!! LOL Could have probably bought a 24" cougar with the $$$ spent on stickers...LOL.... I must say I don't envy the paper sorting...I was SO glad when I got to the end of that........just this past week I scanned every piece of decorative paper I had and sorted them on my computer by brand style and item# so I can just print them off as I need them.......that was a CHORE and a half but it feels SO AWESOME to have it completed!!!!!! Have fun girlie!!!

Suzan I bet we would need 2 jets if we all got on planes with our supplies in tow to play once we got her all organized!!! LOL
PennyDuncan

Postby Suzan » June 16th, 2012, 11:12 am

I did the same thing Penny, especially with paper I only had one sheet of left. I was amazed at how well they scanned. Hubby bought a great scanner a few years ago, and needless to say I hadn't used it much maybe once or twice. While Kathy was here we scanned all her stamps. 3 Paper boxes full of them. And I loved it, then I went on a scanning craze. Scanned everything I could. Even started looking at different textures in the house to scan so I could use them. It was amazing.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Mary Kobe » June 16th, 2012, 1:02 pm

Suzan wrote:Hey I resemble the remark we are spring Chickens, ok I am a fall/winter chicken, then. I know the excitement and I feel the pain, oi, what gets in our heads to move stuff, ask me I know, LOL Shall I bring the jet and help. I can stay Emperor's Suite. LOL

Ha Ha Ha!!! Yes, you can stay in the Emperor's Suite! And please bring all of your "imaginary" friends! LOL

My scrap room is in the rec room downstairs. (No, Suzan, it is not the basement you are thinking of! LOL) I took down the drapes over the ONLY window, which faces the street. The front of the house has brick on part of it and when this house was built, the builder/contractor bricked in front of the window in a lattice pattern. My daughter was over today and told me I needed to wash the windows! I told her to go ahead! She CAN figure out how to get between the windows and the brick!!! I tried to remove the windows, but only the inside are removable. So, if anyone comes over, please do not look at the window in my scrap room!

DH got up today and started working in the garage. He is very limited on what he can do, but he WANTS to do so much! He cleared off two shelves in the garage so I could store my Kitchen Aid mixer (that I use once a year) out there. He said to put it in a tote to store it. I told him the tote would not fit on the shelf. "Try it and see". I TOLD HIM IT WOULD NOT FIT!!! He said, "try this tote". I again, TOLD HIM IT WOULD NOT FIT! "try it without the lid". I TOLD HIM IT WOULD NOT FIT!! How many frickin' times did he want me to lift that darn mixer??? I finally wrapped in a large bag and put it on the shelf....I TOLD HIM IT WOULD NOT FIT!!! He got it on there, not sure how I will ever get it off of the shelf!!
Mary Kobe

Postby Suzan » June 16th, 2012, 1:07 pm

You are too funny, I can just hear your voice saying all of this to him.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby PennyDuncan » June 16th, 2012, 1:23 pm

It's definately addicting!!!!!! Scanning my stamps are also on my to do list.....just know it will take me ALONG TIME!!! LOL
PennyDuncan

Postby Angel135612 » June 16th, 2012, 1:44 pm

When you scan your stamps, do you stamp them, and scan the stamped image, or are you just scanning the "picture" of the stamp that is on the wood? I need to scan in my papers as well, and I keep putting it off. The printer with the scanner is up on a shelf, and while it is convenient for every day use, it would be a pain if I were scanning in a lot of papers at one time. May have to get BF to move it to a table when I have a day or two to work on it... so I can put it right by my computer and not have to keep getting out of my chair while I'm scanning all my papers. (what I really need is a 12 x 12 scanner... )
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Postby Suzan » June 16th, 2012, 2:50 pm

We stamped and scanned. It went pretty quick with two people it took us maybe a total of 8 hours, not counting all the talking and joking and eating and other things. LOL I would have scanned the image but I think that would have been a pain trying to get them to not fall over, well the ones that were awkward sizes.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Elizabeth » June 16th, 2012, 5:50 pm

Scanning stamps is a great idea. Now I have another thing to add to my to-do list!

Mary, I hope your room makeover is almost done by now!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Postby Mary Kobe » June 16th, 2012, 8:59 pm

Elizabeth wrote:Scanning stamps is a great idea. Now I have another thing to add to my to-do list!

Mary, I hope your room makeover is almost done by now!

Elizabeth, yes, it is finished! I swear it will be YEARS before I decide to move ANYTHING again!!! I am exhausted! I had to take a nap.

Now I have a new dilemma! I knew EXACTLY where, or the general vicinity of where, everything was. I have to retrain my brain!! I am trying to find three little jars that had some really, really IMPORTANT items in them! Blade cutters for my trimmers, small scissors, and something else that must not have been IMPORTANT!!... Oh, never mind, I think I found them!!

DH had the nerve to ask "how long will it stay like this?" Well, I guess until I get creative again!!! LOL Which ;may be tonight!
Mary Kobe

Postby allandra42 » June 17th, 2012, 8:53 am

We need pictures Mary we are not so patiently waiting. :-)
Hours spent in my craftroom are considered by me "Time Well Spent"
Please visit my blog: http://timewellspentbylesa.blogspot.com/
allandra42

Cutter: 15 inch Cougar, 24 inch Silver Bullet

Postby Mary Kobe » June 17th, 2012, 9:31 am

allandra42 wrote:We need pictures Mary we are not so patiently waiting. :-)

Ok Ok!!!! But I have to tell you it is nothing spectacular! I have re-purposed everything except a counter height table that I got for a steal!!! I did not get to paint or get new carpet, but I love the new look and the space I have! I still need to find new place for a few things.

To the left as you walk in the room.
stamping and vinyl.JPG

Across from stamping/vinyl storage.
table.JPG

Next to the table area.
embellishments and stuff.JPG

On the wall next to embellishments and the next wall.
desk and Black Cat.JPG

If anyone has any suggestions, I would surely take them! PLEASE DO NOT SUGGEST I MOVE ANY HEAVY PIECE OF FURNITURE!! Even with the Husky Movers, my back and shoulders ache! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mary Kobe

Re: He said YES!!!!! ***with pics***

Postby Suzan » June 17th, 2012, 10:18 am

Very nice, you did a lot of work. What are you storing your vinyl in the white things. I want those.
Suzan

Suzan

Re: He said YES!!!!! ***with pics***

Postby Retta » June 17th, 2012, 11:18 am

Mary - it looks awesome. I would be excited too. You have everything where you need it.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic