He said YES!!!!! ***with pics***

Re: He said YES!!!!! ***with pics***

Postby Mary Kobe » December 27th, 2012, 11:26 am

Gigi wrote:I wasn't going to go there.......really!!!

Have fun organizing!! I hope to do more of that once I get all of the Christmas decorations down...... or maybe before!! :)

Those decanters are at least 30 years old! YUK!!! I know they say it gets better with age, but I am not trying it! There were several he just threw away! LOL Of course, we dumped the liquor out first!

And Gigi, how can I have fun organizing???? I HATE that!
Mary Kobe

Postby Gigi » December 27th, 2012, 12:22 pm

Sorry Mary - but I really DO have fun organizing I LOVE It!!! I know - it's a sickness. I don't necessarily love the process when thngs are all spread out and I have dumped too many drawers or cupboard or shelves at one time, but I love getting it all in its place. I need to do that too!!

Be sure to share the pics!!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Elizabeth » December 27th, 2012, 1:00 pm

Awesome, Mary! (I just finished putting away all (well, most) of my Christmas project supplies. I usually do clean up after each project, but I seem to get out of that habit during the Holidays.) I bet you will put all of that "new" storage space to good use.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby LisaH » December 27th, 2012, 7:33 pm

I just want to empty my room out and completely re-do it! :hide:

I'm surprised all of you didn't hear the laughter from the hubs when I mentioned it :roll:
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Elizabeth » December 27th, 2012, 8:04 pm

Go for it, Lisa!!! Make your hubby help!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Elizabeth

Postby Angel135612 » December 27th, 2012, 11:53 pm

Lisa, that is what I want to do also, but I know I don't have the time to do it any time soon. One of my biggest problems is I don't know HOW I want things organized, so I end up not doing anything. Although I did spend a couple of hours on Wednesday trying to get things a bit organized and it doesn't look like I did anything. :?
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Postby Soraya » December 28th, 2012, 1:33 am

I'm happy for your new better looking craft room!! sounds like you were pretty busy. I just cleaned my craft room (tiny room attached to garage wich I call hideout). Looks great and was lucky to find some tools I completely forgot I had. I have to hide some treats so hubby does not notice them until it's too late :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: The toys are old that I was lucky the glue on one of them still works.

There is one piece of furniture that I would love to get my hands on. However, it's not readily available. Have you seen those big cabine/storage where the school puts its sorts papers. Old school may own one of these. The drawers are wide enough for 12x12 and 18x24 papers, huge counter top that will make a nice cozy place for the kitty(24?) and othere toys, plus the top has open 12x12 cells (more paper or stamps storage)... I'm drooling just thinking of it!

Any way, hope your organized and nice looking craft room brings more happiness and joy!!
Soraya

Cutter: Black Cat 15"

Postby newbiecat » December 28th, 2012, 11:52 am

Oh what fun - and what a great project - I have to crowd/crush most (haha) of my craft equipment into and area of our joint office that is 6' by 5' wide and that includes my desk/computer/keyboard/wacom tablet/18"silver bullet/cuttlebug/printer and all that other stuff - i just have to have - not a spare inch anywhere - and only small amounts (whoops Pinochio nose .....) hidden in the wardrobe in the spare bedroom - well it has to be since my 3 1/2 year grandson has his sleepover in there and you can imagine how that could end up ............so I really envy the idea of so much space to have fun with .........now where is my lottery ticket - maybe in the New Year then ??
Pandora
newbiecat

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet

Postby Elizabeth » December 28th, 2012, 7:24 pm

Pandora, I found a blog once by a woman who's entire craft space was a closet that was about 3'x3', or so. The only benefit that comes to mind is that I would spend a lot less money on supplies, since I wouldn't have any space to store them. Wish I could find the link, but I have no idea...

Elizabeth

Postby Soraya » December 29th, 2012, 10:07 am

Elizabeth,
I began with a 4x2' closet.. and there is nothing that can stop me from getting a treat once in while :ROFLMBO: :whip: :ROFLMBO: I lack a strong will
Soraya

Cutter: Black Cat 15"

Postby PennyDuncan » December 29th, 2012, 1:21 pm

Oh I've seen that blog before...talk about utilizing every inch of space!!!!! And she had a lot of stuff!!!! I was just tweeking my room too....and am wanting to move my ART Table to the opposite side of the room...but that means I would have to pull a Lisa and pull everything out of the room and that would take forever!! LOL We just seem never to be thrilled with our layout for long periods of time.... LOL

So...Lisa...have you started yet????
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Postby Elizabeth » December 29th, 2012, 2:01 pm

I began with a 4x2' closet.. and there is nothing that can stop me from getting a treat once in while I lack a strong will

You sound just like me! :ROFLMBO:

Elizabeth

Postby Angel135612 » December 29th, 2012, 9:11 pm

I went in the opposite direction... when I was living alone I had the whole house to myself and could use any space I wanted for craft storage. When my BF moved in with me, I had to confine it to one 10 x 10 room (ha ha.. right, like that happened). I do try to keep most of my stuff in one room, but I have my cutter and foil master set up on the dining room table (I never wanted a dining room in the first place, he remodeled when he moved in) and they don't move. I may move them if I want to go back to my quilting, so I can set up my sewing machine, but for now they are staying put. I do have some things in the garage, and trying to keep that some what organized so I can get to it when I need it. But the room I have in the house needs to be reorganized so bad.. I can barely walk in there, let alone find anything... LOL I did spend some time on it over the 4 days I had off at Christmas, and you can see more of the floor now. I have another 4 days off for New Years, and I want to spend at least part of one of those days trying to get more things organized in there.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Postby LisaH » December 29th, 2012, 9:28 pm

PennyDuncan wrote:Oh I've seen that blog before...talk about utilizing every inch of space!!!!! And she had a lot of stuff!!!! I was just tweeking my room too....and am wanting to move my ART Table to the opposite side of the room...but that means I would have to pull a Lisa and pull everything out of the room and that would take forever!! LOL We just seem never to be thrilled with our layout for long periods of time.... LOL

So...Lisa...have you started yet????

HAHA...no! Not sure it's gonna happen very soon...too much going on right now. Hopefully in the next month or so...hopefully :roll: :ROFLMBO:

I know there is a blog called The Cupboard Under the Stairs...is that the one? I follow her blog...if so, here is the link to her page on her "cupboard" http://jane-thecupboardunderthestairs.b ... tairs.html
LisaH

Postby Elizabeth » December 29th, 2012, 10:19 pm

That is not the one I'm thinking of, but what great use of space!

Elizabeth

Postby PennyDuncan » December 30th, 2012, 11:40 am

Yeah I've seen that one and there's one more that I've seen.....it's a regular hall closet type of thing.......and she gets even more then that in it if you can believe it!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Previous

Return to Off Topic