He said YES!!!!! ***with pics***

He said YES!!!!! ***with pics***

Postby Mary Kobe » March 17th, 2012, 5:48 pm

Got to love my husband!!!! My wonderful daughter wants to help me reconfigure my craft room. I am very fortunate to have a very large room. She has been on the internet looking for new storage things...like shelves and bookcases..LOL I have PLENTY, but she wants to "update" everything. She is such a hoot. She asked how much I could afford to spend. I told her I had an unlimited amount of money! LOL NOT!!! :ROFLMBO: So she sent me some pictures the other day and said, "this would be about $100.00". I looked at the picture and it was $600.00!!! I told her that $600 was much higher than $100. She said, "Oh, we could make it." :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: I told her I didn't have those kinds of tools. So, she sent me more pictures and said, "buy two of these and a piece of wood. You know, a large flat piece, put that on the top and screw it in. Then we paint it all white." OKAAAAYYYYYY

Moving on I said I wanted to paint the room and put in new carpeting. Really, I DO NOT HAVE AN UNLIMITED AMOUNT OF MONEY!!!

SO, I proposed the idea to my husband. I figured with all the stress that he (and we) have going on, this would be a good time to catch him off guard!! :ROFLMBO: He said he didn't care!! What??? Who was this man I was talking to? All he asked is where I would put everything while the room was being done. I said, "In the garage." He said, "As long as you keep it on YOUR side and YOU park outside, I don't care. But I don't want anything on MY side of the garage!!"

Now, the issue is color. I want white, my daughter wants gray on one wall. My daughter informed me that it would take us a week. Really???? :banghead: :banghead: Probably longer than that! I have too much stuff!

I do need to figure out what to do with 100 liquor decanters! I need someone to buy them! But I can't advertise them....they all still have liquor in them!
Last edited by Mary Kobe on June 17th, 2012, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mary Kobe

Re: He said YES!!!!!

Postby Retta » March 17th, 2012, 5:51 pm

I don't have answers for the decanters, but cool that your room is going to get done!!!!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby LisaH » March 17th, 2012, 5:52 pm

Aren't they your husbands?...put those on his side of the garage :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :twisted:

Congrats on the room re-do!!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » March 17th, 2012, 6:04 pm

That is so exciting.Cannot wait to see the finished results!! What fun! :excited:
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Mary Kobe » March 17th, 2012, 6:11 pm

Retta wrote:I don't have answers for the decanters, but cool that your room is going to get done!!!!

I could invite everyone over to dispose of the liquor! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

LisaH wrote: Aren't they your husbands?...put those on his side of the garage :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :twisted:

Congrats on the room re-do!!

Yes, they are his...but they will be packed away somewhere! I figure I need to be nice so I can get the re-do!!

CAGigi wrote:That is so exciting.Cannot wait to see the finished results!! What fun! :excited:

Well, I am sure not sharing "before and after"... :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
Mary Kobe

Postby Gigi » March 17th, 2012, 6:15 pm

LOL - we can consume the liquor while we are stalking Penny- or on the cruise! :ROFLMBO:

And no worries about the before - the AFTER is what is important!!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby PennyDuncan » March 17th, 2012, 6:15 pm

Wahooooooooooooooooooooooooo....HOW EXCITING!!!!!! I can't wait to see!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Postby kathybessey » March 17th, 2012, 7:30 pm

Another thread that put a big smile on my face!!! This is really exciting Mary! I say paint three walls white and one wall an accent color - something that is inspirational to you.
kathybessey

Postby Angel135612 » March 17th, 2012, 8:26 pm

I was going to ask for before and after pictures, but just after works. Can't wait to see your new room.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kate3 » March 18th, 2012, 1:22 am

Good grief Mary! I thought you had proposed to someone else by your heading. I was wondering what you had done with you other husband. :shock:
Make the room fabulous while the yes still stands. The most popular wall colors right now are shades of grey with white trim. Your daughter knows what she is doing. Learn to love it. :ROFLMBO:
kate3

Postby LisaH » March 18th, 2012, 1:39 am

LOL - I talked my MIL into painting her bedroom a beautiful silver grey with crisp white trim about 9 years ago...every other room in that house is a cream type color, and they are beautiful...but when you go into their bedroom, it just has a classic elegance to it, it's a color scheme I wouldn't get tired of, it's soothing and crisp at the same time.
LisaH

Postby kate3 » March 18th, 2012, 10:40 am

LisaH wrote:LOL - I talked my MIL into painting her bedroom a beautiful silver grey with crisp white trim about 9 years ago...every other room in that house is a cream type color, and they are beautiful...but when you go into their bedroom, it just has a classic elegance to it, it's a color scheme I wouldn't get tired of, it's soothing and crisp at the same time.

Lisa,
I know and I love it as I sit here looking at my horrible cream walls. I love the crisp greys and the soft warm greys with white trim. I just need the time and energy to do it. I told DH I was going to do it and he looked at me like I had fallen out of my tree. Then he likes his brick to the ceiling fire place and I will too when I paint it or cover it with white marble. I cannot stand plain brick features anywhere. The last owners of our house built a brick U shape in my kitchen to put the refrigerator in. That is going first and it goes to the ceiling. :?
kate3

Postby LisaH » March 18th, 2012, 10:50 am

Brick I can do without, for myself...now stacked stone is another thing entirely - I love that stuff LOL

I hate the colors in my house right now, but the hubs and I are going to start on the remodel when my 19 & 20 year olds move out! Won't do it before because we are going to rearrange the layout and we will only have 1 extra bedroom then...LOL
LisaH

Postby kim » March 18th, 2012, 12:24 pm

I would LOVE to re-do my house, but DH is the type that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I have I guess what I call "Georgian" style or maybe a bit Southern in it. Lots of fancy crown molding and door frames. Medallions on my light fixtures. Light gold walls, deep burgandy wall in LR, Wedgewood green walls in the DR and more olive green in the kitchen. I guess I can live with it, but I would really like to re-do it. Wood floors throughout with the exception of a couple of rooms having marble. And a brick floor! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: kate, you would love it! I LOVE my wood floors because they look like the type you find in OLD OLD houses. They have knots and are totally imperfect. Just like ME! The thing that I really want to get rid of is the wall paper borders. After that, I would love to change all my plumbing fixtures and re-do my kitchen.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Mary Kobe » March 18th, 2012, 7:26 pm

Ok. Paint decision is made. Two walls will be gray...they are currently paneled, and I know that we have our work cut out! I need Color Splash to come in and help!

I will be putting in new carpet....I am embarrassed to say that this carpet is called "Mardi Gras" from the '80's!!! (My dh and I got married 7 years ago and I am slowly "updating" his former "bachelor's pad"). Since my room is in the basement, I have to have carpet so my poor little toesies don't get cold in the winter!

I would like to start right now, but I have to wait for dd to graduate from college in May and we will begin in June. Gives me plenty of time to plan. PLUS, I used MTC to draw out the plan!!!!! GENIUS!!!
Mary Kobe

Postby LisaH » March 18th, 2012, 8:02 pm

You are a very smart woman, Mary!
LisaH

Postby Dana » March 19th, 2012, 8:57 am

Oh how exciting!!!
Dana

Cutter: Lynx "Nikita"

Postby kate3 » March 19th, 2012, 11:14 am

Lisa, Great idea waiting for the last to to move out. Then do away with their rooms so they can't come back.

Kim, I would love to get my hands on your house with the crown moulding and medallions. I am the one that does all of that here, good my husband earns a living with his brain. He is hopeless with DIY anything. Yes, your brick floor might go but I don't think I mind them as a floor. That adds character and they only other place they should be is on the outside of a house.
kate3

Postby Mary Kobe » March 20th, 2012, 8:13 am

I can't believe this!!! My DH wanted to go to Lowe's yesterday and buy what I wanted/needed to redo the room! Really??? Where is the other man I married??? I told him that I did not want to purchase anything until I moved stuff out of here and PURGED!!!! And I mean PURGE!!! He asked me if I was sure????

What happened to my husband??? Is he delirious???? Has he lost his mind????
Mary Kobe

Postby PennyDuncan » March 20th, 2012, 10:27 am

Oh I am SUPER excited for you!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Next

Return to Off Topic