Subway Art

Subway Art

Postby Suzan » January 23rd, 2012, 10:16 pm

Could someone please explain Subway Art to me. I keep seeing it and I am curious. The last one I saw was on MTC and was labeled Coffee Subway Art and it was a bunch of coffee type quotes in different fonts. I know I can google it but would rather here from the experts what it is all about.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Re: Subway Art

Postby LisaH » January 23rd, 2012, 10:27 pm

That is exactly what it is, various words in different typeface / fonts / size that all relate to one subject. Usually the words are across and up and down and facing sideways as well. It makes a really graphic statement on canvas or boards on a wall. I love it!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Suzan » January 24th, 2012, 12:32 am

I do too and I have lots of frames and stuff I picked up at the Dollar Tree. I think I just might have to try some of this. It looks like fun. And Valerie loves quotes and stuff so I can make her a bunch.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Elizabeth » January 25th, 2012, 1:54 pm

I believe the coffee one was done by our Kim. (I know she is at MTC too, because I still use the print and cut tutorial that she shared over there last spring. Thanks Kim!)
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Suzan » January 25th, 2012, 3:00 pm

It was very very nicely done
Suzan

Suzan

Postby kim » January 25th, 2012, 4:26 pm

Finally getting back on here for a bit! Glad you found something I did of use. :ROFLMBO: I'm not the best, but when I do finally get something, I like to share it.

I love doing subway art, but am finding the weeding can be a pain. I think I will add weeding lines into my files from now on. The coffee one I did, I revised a little bit. The original file I made was for foiling but wasn't great at cutting (or should I say weeding). I revised it so that it would be better for cutting and added some weeding lines around the Americano and the Fresch Roast and Cafe au Lait, which were the worst parts for weeding.

I also did one that I personalized with the person's same (in place of Skinny), and added what flavor was their favorite (in place of French Roast) and then put Starbucks in place of Americano. Just broke the file apart and deleted the segments that were being replaced and added what I wanted.

I have another one that I am working on...Family Rules and Teacher Rules, not to mention a couple of others. Also, God's Rules (the Ten Commandments) if I can get it all in. Will post when I get them done and cutting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Elizabeth » January 25th, 2012, 4:28 pm

Yes it was! It inspired me to do some subway art on a tumbler as a gift for our bus driver. Don't you just love all the cool ideas we get here?

Wow, Kim, sounds like you are going to be busy!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kim » January 25th, 2012, 4:32 pm

I've been busy trying to make some files and cutting. ALl this when I am supposed to be working. DH finally turned in his travel expenses FOR THE WHOLE YEAR and I need to go thru those and then enter into my accounting system and then get everything balanced and ready for filing my taxes. Just got finished doing all the w-2's and 1099's. Just hard to get motivated to work when I have so many ideas floating around on files to make.

I really wanted to do the card challenge, but was busy 'cause of DH turning in all his stuff. I am only half way thru his stuff. I've never been a procrastinator but I am really having a hard time getting going on the stuff I HAVE to do.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby kathybessey » January 25th, 2012, 11:46 pm

Kim thanks for the inspiration and file! I love this type of art work - never knew what it was called :)

I want to do some of this too!
kathybessey

Postby Gigi » January 26th, 2012, 12:28 am

Kim - that is a fabulous file and I love your ideas for future ones.

Thank you for sharing with us - it's so very clever.

Good luck with all of the tax preparation. I just pulled all of my stuff to sort it out for the accountant. Even though I file it all separately it seems to take too long to get it all tallied and in the right place. Always glad when I get it mailed off to him and can wash my hands of it! Hang in there......
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Off Topic