Kim and LisaH

Kim and LisaH

Postby kate3 » January 13th, 2012, 4:39 am

Kim,
I want to say thank you for going to the trouble of buying me some ReNu sheets and sending them to me. I can't wait until they arrive to play. So thank you for going out of your way to make it happen. :bighug:

Lisa, I want to thank you too for your offer. It was so nice and if Kim hadn't PM's me first I would have said yes. Hmm, I should have and got a double supply. You are both so lovely. :bighug:

Now can someone tell me please do I have to take all of the old sticky stuff off to use it? Thank you online family. :D
kate3

Re: Kim and LisaH

Postby kim » January 13th, 2012, 10:05 am

You are welcome! I have been using my mat with the ReNu on it and It is still staying strong. I think I must have used it 50 times or more.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby kate3 » January 13th, 2012, 10:14 am

kim wrote:You are welcome! I have been using my mat with the ReNu on it and It is still staying strong. I think I must have used it 50 times or more.

Did you take the old sticky off first?
kate3

Postby kim » January 13th, 2012, 11:03 am

Yes. I used GooGOne and scraped the old off. Then I had to wash with plenty of dishwashing liquid and warm water. I washed it twice (the GooGone leaves an oily feel and you don't want that still on there) and then let it dry. Then I cut the ReNu sheets (while still in the "sandwich") to fit the mat. Peel one of the sheets off a little. See if the "dots" are on it or not. The sheet without the dots, peel back a little leaving one edge to place and line up with your mat. Then slowly peel the rest away and lay on your mat. Sort of like working with vinyl. Anyway, when you have the sheet with the dots on it completely flat on your mat, take something like a credit card and scrape it on top of the sheet. This will insure that all the dots adhere to the mat. Slowly peel up the sheet, while making sure the dots are all adhereing and not leaving any blank spots. It's so easy and fast.

You will find that when you put your hand on your new sticky mat, it won't feel sticky and will wonder if anything would stick to it. This is normal. It just does not feel tacky. But put a piece of paper or something on it, and it will have a good bond. When you peel up the paper, it will come off so nicely. No more fighting the paper to come off or even slowly trying to peel it off.
kim

Postby LisaH » January 13th, 2012, 3:57 pm

welcome Kate, any time!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby kate3 » January 13th, 2012, 11:12 pm

Thanks Kim, if it sticks that good can I stick DH to the wall? :ROFLMBO: He is driving me nutty today or nuttier. :shock:
kate3

Postby kim » January 13th, 2012, 11:19 pm

I'll send you my Cricut mat. That will stick to anything and NEVER come off. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

I've been busy cutting and cutting and I think I have estimated (after going through things in my head...which is a dangerous thing to do) and I think I have cut about 100 times on the mat. The tackiness is not as strong now, but it is still tacky enough that I am not getting bad cuts. I just have to make sure to brayer it on. Of course I am using vinyl and a mat (I know, I know...I don't usually use a mat, but the design is such that I need the extra room the mat gives me for the rollers. I don't have enough vinyl to waste for the lead space I usually reserve for the rollers. So not all the cuts are using paper (which leaves all kinds of gunk) but the ReNu is still going strong.
kim

Postby whizzy » January 13th, 2012, 11:33 pm

100 cuts sounds doesn't sound too bad. Will be interesting to see the final averages. Hoping it won't be too long before we get these in Australia somewhere.
www.scrapsofstuff.com
Mac OS X 10.9, Windows 7
Inkscape, Signcut Pro (with dongle) & Scal3  tiny bites! )
whizzy

Cutter: 18" Cougar

Postby kim » January 13th, 2012, 11:41 pm

I know I heard Sherri say she is working on it. The postage ya'll pay to have things shipped to you is Astronomical!!
kim

Postby kate3 » January 14th, 2012, 10:02 am

kim wrote:I know I heard Sherri say she is working on it. The postage ya'll pay to have things shipped to you is Astronomical!!

Not really when we can't get it here. These are light which is a plus and rolled in a postage tube makes it easier. There are heavier things I wouldn't buy from the US and most things we can get here. Last weekend I spent trying to find a Bazill Splat Mat. I couldn't find anything close that is as good and they all cost a lot. I ordered from Craft-e-Corner in the US, got the mat I wanted and with postage it was cheaper than anything I could find here. So it depends on what you want, how much it weighs and how big it is. If I want it then I go where I have to. :hide:
kate3

Postby Retta » January 14th, 2012, 10:11 am

What is a splat mat?
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby kim » January 14th, 2012, 10:26 am

I think it is like the mat I got from Tattered Angels and one other Kind (Tim Holtz maybe). It is a mat that you can spay the misters on, paint on, do just about anything on and just wipe clean. Nothing sticks to it. Great to use and comes in real handy. No more laying down paper just to spray something or paint on. Tattered Angels has a large size mat which I like better (I'm messy and need the larger area)..
kim

Postby kate3 » January 15th, 2012, 2:45 am

Kim,
I got them! Thank you! I also got Jeannette's card and it is lovely.

Yes Retta, It is a big soft mat that you can put anything on and it wipes off even hot things won't mark it like solder.
kate3

Return to Off Topic