Well I am back

Well I am back

Postby Suzan » January 2nd, 2012, 12:00 pm

Sorry I have been MIA. This was a very hard hard Christmas for me. And I just couldn't participate the way I wanted. It is funny (well weird). I really started missing my dad around Thanksgiving and it just escalated faster and harder than I ever could imagine, and on top of that, Valerie moved into her own place this year. In fact the major part of the moving happened while I was visiting Kathy. Big changes when you only have one and then she is gone. I know a lot of you know how that feels. So I just decided to hibernate and not bring gloom and doom on festivities. I have kept checking posts, and such but just couldn't get into the Spirit of Christmas this year. But it is ok. I survived with the help of a very loving husband, a sister from another mother, and some wonderful dear friends both here on the forum and here at home. Thank you all for all the love and support you gave me. Letting me vent, cry, and be sort of cranky. Especially my hubby. He made me (yes actually made me) do a lot of things thru the season I wouldn't have done and in the end it really helped. Anyway it is a new year, I have a 3 day weekend. And lots to do. I did manage to still be creative I made to rag quilts and started a 3rd yesterday.

Anyways I see from Kathy's post that lots are planning on Disneyland. I will post stuff on that thread so it doesn't get crazy.

Thank you all again. I don't want anyone to read this and feel sad. I just wanted to let everyone know why I just vanished. It was a hard learning time, and a time to really just kind of be able to mourn and grieve some. But I am ok ready to take charge of 2012.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Re: Well I am back

Postby Gigi » January 2nd, 2012, 12:15 pm

Glad to have you back Suzan - we are all here for you.

Transitions in life, no matter what they are, are difficult,and seem even more so during the holidays. Not sure why that is, but know I struggle with it every year. Won't give you any advice - just glad you made it through and are back. And remember, we are all here.

Happy New Year, my friend.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Mary Kobe » January 2nd, 2012, 12:39 pm

glad you are back! I missed seeing you on here!
Mary Kobe

Postby Angel135612 » January 2nd, 2012, 12:43 pm

Suzan, No need to apologize for not being around. We all know how it is when life gets in the way of our fun. Glad you are back, and looking forward to your humor here on the boards again. (I did miss your posts while you took a break, but totally understand why you disappeared).
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Elizabeth » January 2nd, 2012, 1:38 pm

Sending big hugs!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby PennyDuncan » January 2nd, 2012, 2:01 pm

Welcome back Suzan.......you're not the only one who's been MIA .........I think lots of us have had low moments......I'm thankful your hubby and loved ones were there for you sweetie!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby LisaH » January 2nd, 2012, 2:52 pm

Welcome back Suzan and no explanations are necessary. Friends dont have to have them. Hugs!!
LisaH

Postby Retta » January 2nd, 2012, 8:47 pm

Dear friend, I am so glad to see you back. I'm sorry I was so clueless and so thankful you are doing better. We do, all of us have these times. Hugs anduch love!!!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby kathybessey » January 2nd, 2012, 8:59 pm

Well my dear sister from another mother, we made it through the holidays, we had some great venting moments and some great laughs, we had some sad days and we had some happy ones. Now we are on to 2012, your first ATC swap, a card challenge (I love how you went from not making cards to making them and now you are going to do one of the challenges LOL), planning to be invaded by me and my little man, a trip to Disneyland and oh yeah, getting our new store off the ground :) Love ya sis!
kathybessey

Postby Suzan » January 2nd, 2012, 9:05 pm

Love you too sis. Thank you for being there the whole time.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Suzan » January 2nd, 2012, 9:05 pm

Thank you all for such lovely sentiments. I guess I just needed some me time. It was hard, bad and I cried a bunch. It just seems there has been no break in life since my dad died. Way toooooo much drama for almost four years. So this was really a good thing, it forced me to concentrate on me. I feel very refreshed now. Still don't want to go to work. Want to just stay home and play. But I am thankful so very thankful for everything Bryan and I have. Now to turn this around and really make it funny.

We decided that since Valerie has really taken to photography we would buy her a new camera body for Christmas. Found an excellent deal on a Canon T3 with a lense. It was an 800 dollar camera, and after sales and coupons we only paid a little over 300 for it. So Bryan and I decided to wait until after Christmas and take each other shopping at sales for our presents. So Friday night we went out to shop. We had places we both wanted to go. First stop Michaels, walked out didn't buy a thing, then on to Joann's to get some fabric. Again nothing, First time in history. Then we went to a couple of places Bryan wanted to go, still nothing. We end up at Walmart. I am looking at Fabric and the craft aisle and Bryan is in electronics, still nothing. Then I remember somehow a lot of our socks and underwear keep disappearing. So what do we end up getting each other. Socks and underwear. Then he looks at me and says we have entered a new phase of life. I said really does this mean socks and underwear for Christmas every year, he said nope. We are now in a phase of life where we are content we everything we have. I said nope we can't even afford what we really want. If you could have seen us in the middle of walmart having this conversation you would have thought we were crazy, because we both holding socks and underwear started laughing hysterically.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Retta » January 2nd, 2012, 9:23 pm

Aw. To great!! Love ya!!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby kim » January 2nd, 2012, 9:52 pm

Welcome Back Suzan!!! Can't say I know what you are going through yet, but can just imagine. I am really close to my parents and as they age, I am getting worried. I just don't know how I will handle the day that they go. It was hard enough when my grandmother died, but my parents? My uncle passed away a little bit ago and he was my dad's age. They went to school together. They were a week apart in age, with my uncle being the younger.

I'm glad you have a great support system. Nothing can take the place of that. Family and good friends are a blessing.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Suzan » January 2nd, 2012, 10:00 pm

Kim It was amazing at the strength God gave me to go thru it all. My dad and I were super super close. And I felt I couldn't even imagine him not being here. But by the Grace of God I had super strength to handle it all. I think this year God just said it is your time. Take care of you. So even though it wasn't fun at all, I feel a ton better and ready to move on to brand new adventures. I did a lot of emotional and physical cleaning out of a bunch of stuff. And now I am forging ahead. Let the creativity begin. Starting we a whole new Papyrus Jungle. Since RJ and I have split I amazed at what I can create. And I am ready to do it. And Kathy is so much fun to work with.
No more dwelling though on what has been. It is a brand new year a time for lots of excitement and adventures.

Thank you all dear wonderful friends. You don't know how much you mean to me.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Gigi » January 2nd, 2012, 11:07 pm

Great attitude Suzan and cute Walmart story too!! LOL

I so understand your feelings in my own way and I am so glad you took the time for yourself to clear a path for the next phase of your life, on all levels. Bravo to you. I look forward to seeing what you have in store (no pun intended) for all of us!

xoxo
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby whizzy » January 3rd, 2012, 12:03 am

Suzan, just simply — nice to see you back :)
www.scrapsofstuff.com
Mac OS X 10.9, Windows 7
Inkscape, Signcut Pro (with dongle) & Scal3  tiny bites! )
whizzy

Cutter: 18" Cougar

Postby PennyDuncan » January 6th, 2012, 1:54 pm

Oh Suzan love the sock story....too funny!!!! I hope your mojo comes back full stem and you are totally enjoying all you're doing!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Return to Off Topic