Horrible start to my day!

Horrible start to my day!

Postby Mary Kobe » December 30th, 2011, 12:42 pm

Got up at 8:00, went to get my morning Diet Coke. It was the last one in the box in the fridge. No biggie, pull the carton out and put another in. NOPE! The carton was frickin' stuck to the shelve. I was thawing a turkey in a shallow pan and the juice got on the carton. Ok, no problem, I can clean fridge.

First, I thought I would run the dishwasher. So, I moved the portable dishwasher over to the sink. I had a jar of spaghetti sauce on top the dishwasher and it fell. The jar was plastic and the lid broke. Spaghetti sauce EVERYWHERE! On the stove, on the dishwasher, on the cabinet, on me!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Cleaned up that spaghetti sauce mess including mopping the whole kitchen floor. Got the dishwasher going and started on the fridge. Took the turkey out with the pan, thinking it would not make a mess. NOPE! Leaked on my clean floor. Cleaned the fridge, put in a new carton of Diet Coke. Now to go back and mop the floor again!

I should have just stayed in bed!!! Or, I could have just ignored it like my husband would have!!!! :hide:
Mary Kobe

Re: Horrible start to my day!

Postby PennyDuncan » December 30th, 2011, 12:45 pm

Oh Mary.....bless your heart!!! I so have had days like this!!!!! I hope it gets better!!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » December 30th, 2011, 1:18 pm

Yikes Mary - what a way to start the day!! Hope it is wonderful from this point on........

And as Penny said - we have all had days like that - so sorry yours is coming right after your birthday :(
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Mary Kobe » December 30th, 2011, 1:35 pm

:ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: I think as long as I stay out of the kitchen, I will be fine!
Mary Kobe

Postby kim » December 30th, 2011, 1:55 pm

go back to bed!!
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Angel135612 » December 30th, 2011, 2:52 pm

Make hubby take you out to dinner tonight, after that start, you better stay out of the kitchen... LOL And since he didn't help you clean it up.. he should make up for it :D :D :D
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby LisaH » December 30th, 2011, 3:23 pm

Oh Mary, so sorry!
LisaH

Postby Mary Kobe » December 30th, 2011, 3:59 pm

Angel135612 wrote:Make hubby take you out to dinner tonight, after that start, you better stay out of the kitchen... LOL And since he didn't help you clean it up.. he should make up for it :D :D :D

He wasn't home to help...I mean, get in the way!!!! And I am NOT cooking tonight!

I did call him at work and told him what happened and he just laughed! Really???? What is so frickin' funny about the messes I created today??? I did go back into the kitchen to wash a few things that I do not put in the dishwasher, only to drop a paring knife on my foot! I am fine...the kitchen is off limits for me...better think about doing some crafting...leaving all sharp objects out of reach! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
Mary Kobe

Postby Retta » December 30th, 2011, 4:00 pm

Mary - I'm sending Bubble Wrap!!! Hang in there!!!!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Gigi » December 30th, 2011, 4:09 pm

Ok - just for laughing he better take you out somewhere wonderful tonight - he owes you that much!!!

Now stay out of the kitchen and have some fun - you deserve it. And glad the knife didn't cause any harm.

:bighug:
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Elizabeth » December 30th, 2011, 5:06 pm

Oh Mary... Turkey goop and splattered spagetti sauce all in one morning? Totally unfair! At least you got a cold Diet Coke.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Postby Mary Kobe » December 30th, 2011, 5:09 pm

Elizabeth wrote:Oh Mary... Turkey goop and splattered spagetti sauce all in one morning? Totally unfair! At least you got a cold Diet Coke.

I had several Diet Cokes...now, if I weren't home alone, I may have had to have a few beers! LOL

Going to Red Lobster for dinner!!!

Retta---I am waiting on that bubble wrap! Maybe a straight jacket would be better for me today!
Mary Kobe

Postby PennyDuncan » December 30th, 2011, 5:14 pm

Oh YUMMY!!!! I LOVE Red Lobster!!!!! You deserve it!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Postby MeFlick » December 30th, 2011, 5:17 pm

So sorry Mary. I always try to stay out of the kitchen as much as possible to avoid such dire circumstances! :ROFLMBO:

Now, had you been like my darling chlldren you would have just left that empty carton in place for the next person to find and then you would have been fine! :o ;) :)
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby rachellann » December 30th, 2011, 8:59 pm

Oh Mary
now enjoy that meal and I would have to say at least you did not drop the diet coke because in my house thet is coke abuse and it would be my luck if it was the coke it would have burst half the cans good thing it was the spegetti sauce instead. I know not funny but you have gave a good laugh except for the dropping of the knife. yepper it sounds like you need to be bubble wrapped.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby CeCeCreates » December 30th, 2011, 9:14 pm

Wow Mary, you win the prize for bad days today! And I missed it on the other thread, so I will wish you a belated Happy Birthday here! Hope it was a good one. Had to be better than today was I'm sure!
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby kathybessey » December 30th, 2011, 9:25 pm

I have been off the forum for a bit so I missed your Birthday as well Mary -- Happy Belated Birthday! Sorry for the rotten day you had, avoid that kitchen and I hope you enjoyed the dinner at Red Lobster, you deserve it!
kathybessey

Postby Angel135612 » December 30th, 2011, 10:24 pm

I kept thinking that at least all of this didn't happen ON your birthday... it waited until after... so that's a good thing, right??? :ROFLMBO: :D :ROFLMBO: :D :ROFLMBO:
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Postby kate3 » December 31st, 2011, 12:20 am

Oh Mary, I am so sorry and I mean it even though I can't stop laughing. :ROFLMBO: You really remind me of me and I have had many of those days. My jar would have been glass and I would have stepped on it trailing blood to the bathroom. :ROFLMBO: My worst day was getting out of bed and stepping on something slippery that wasn't there when I went to bed. My other foot came down on the wooden side of the bed breaking my foot. As I was leaving the hospital on crutches I fell down the hospital steps and broke 3 bones in my hand. After that they wheeled me to the car and threw my crutches in the back. I don't know why because I couldn't use them with my hand. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
kate3

Postby Retta » December 31st, 2011, 8:54 am

For horrible, the way you all tell your story I just have to laugh and feel sorry for you too!!!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Next

Return to Off Topic