I am so bad!!!!

Re: I am so bad!!!!

Postby kate3 » December 22nd, 2011, 12:02 am

Oh Lisa, turtles? I am in pain thinking about them.
Retta, I will eat the lettuce and carrots for you. I can't promise what else I won't eat.
kate3

Postby LisaH » December 22nd, 2011, 7:56 am

oh...today is definitely divinity day! Got through with all of my cleaning early so I can start cooking today instead of tomorrow...woohoo!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » December 22nd, 2011, 12:23 pm

Oh LIsa...... my mouth is watering. When I was a little girl my parents had a dear friend and she made divinity for my Dad every year. He cherished every bite (he DID share, but just a little!!) Brings back wonderful memories. Enjoy!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Elizabeth » December 22nd, 2011, 2:09 pm

I haven't had divinity for years! Sure brings back memories.

(I ate a salad for lunch! My body was demanding some fresh veggies to offset all of the goodies I have been eating.)
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kim » December 22nd, 2011, 6:27 pm

I can't even stand to read this post! I'm hungry!!
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby kate3 » December 22nd, 2011, 8:57 pm

I know Kim, they are bad but I am not, much. Yes I am! :?

What is divinity? I didn't think Lisa meant food. I thought she meant God loved her enough to let her have time to cook. :ROFLMBO: In my house that isn't love. That is making me go in the room they call a kitchen. :hide:
kate3

Postby Gigi » December 22nd, 2011, 9:08 pm

LOL - divinity is the most decadent candy. It's pure white and heavenly. Will let Lisa share the details as I have never made it - just eaten it!!

So glad "our Christmas" over indulging is over with the kids leaving tomorrow. I really need a sugar free diet for at least a week. I think I have eaten more sugar in the past few days than I eat in a year - ok several months anyway! Still have part of two cheesecakes in the freezer with a ton of Christmas cookies! Yikes!!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby kate3 » December 22nd, 2011, 9:26 pm

CAGigi wrote:LOL - divinity is the most decadent candy. It's pure white and heavenly. Will let Lisa share the details as I have never made it - just eaten it!!

So glad "our Christmas" over indulging is over with the kids leaving tomorrow. I really need a sugar free diet for at least a week. I think I have eaten more sugar in the past few days than I eat in a year - ok several months anyway! Still have part of two cheesecakes in the freezer with a ton of Christmas cookies! Yikes!!

And your address is? Sorry I just saw cheesecake and I don't know what came over me. :hide:
kate3

Postby Gigi » December 23rd, 2011, 1:12 am

LOL - not sure you could make it in time before everyone had eaten it!!! Strawberry swirl cheesecake and Boston cream cheesecake. No I didn't make those, but everything else was homemade. The grandkids ate three of my rolls at dinner each night so guess they approved.

It was exhausting but fun. They leave in the morning :(

Hope you all have as wonderful a Christmas as we did.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Barbara » December 23rd, 2011, 5:10 am

Well I had to google to find out what Divinity was.
Barbara
Barbara

Postby CeCeCreates » December 23rd, 2011, 8:31 am

Oh, I have been bad, bad, bad. So many Christmas goodies in the house and me with no self control. And things won't be much better for awhile. Hubby bought gift cards from Cheesecake Factory and with each $25 card you get a coupon for a free slice of cheesecake, so we will be bringing family there to eat sometime in January. Then dd, who turns 21 on Christmas, will have a birthday celebration later, in a couple of weeks probably, and that means cake then too. My New Years resolution will have to wait until February I'm afraid. But then in February we go to parents weekend at my dd's college, and there will be tons of bad food there too. Sigh. And I just know I am getting clothes for Christmas that won't fit.
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby kate3 » December 23rd, 2011, 9:30 am

Oh CeCe, It is OK. My clothes already don't fit. I gained 16 kilo's or over 35 pounds through my husbands surgery plus the months leading up to it and Christmas sure isn't moving any of that.I told my doctor I am having Christmas and I wasn't talking weight until it was over. She told me OK.
kate3

Postby Mary Kobe » December 23rd, 2011, 9:47 am

CeCeCreates wrote:Oh, I have been bad, bad, bad. So many Christmas goodies in the house and me with no self control. And things won't be much better for awhile. Hubby bought gift cards from Cheesecake Factory and with each $25 card you get a coupon for a free slice of cheesecake, so we will be bringing family there to eat sometime in January. Then dd, who turns 21 on Christmas, will have a birthday celebration later, in a couple of weeks probably, and that means cake then too. My New Years resolution will have to wait until February I'm afraid. But then in February we go to parents weekend at my dd's college, and there will be tons of bad food there too. Sigh. And I just know I am getting clothes for Christmas that won't fit.

I have just given up watching what I eat until February, also! We had Christmas with my MIL and step-son and wife last night. I brought all kinds of goodies, and do you think I could have had just one? NOOOOOOOO!!

Tonight is Christmas with my siblings, grandkids, nieces, and nephews. I have to bring dessert!!! I am going to one of my daughters today to make cinnamon rolls and cream cheese bread for dessert tonight! I am sure I will have my share!

Tomorrow is another "impromptu" family get-together following Christmas Mass. More JUNK! Oh, we will have homemade Polish Sausage and Croatian potato salad...not that those things are any healthier! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

Sunday is Christmas with one of my daughters..she is the one that wants the cinnamon rolls that we are making today. How can I say "NO"? LOL

January 29th is Christmas with our kids as that is when my son and daughter-in-law are able to come to visit. Another day..I mean weekend... of eating!

I refuse to buy any more clothes and I know my kids won't buy me clothes as I am "too old fashioned" for them! :ROFLMBO:
Mary Kobe

Postby LisaH » December 23rd, 2011, 10:34 am

Well...my divinity turned out like poo! :banghead: Tastes great, just looks awful...oh well, glad I wasn't planning to take it anywhere :ROFLMBO: Will have to see what goodies, if any, I have time to make today! ;)

Healthy food...hmmm...aren't those ugly, ugly words to be using at this time of year? :shock: :whip: :whip:
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby kate3 » December 23rd, 2011, 7:35 pm

LisaH wrote:Well...my divinity turned out like poo! :banghead: Tastes great, just looks awful...oh well, glad I wasn't planning to take it anywhere :ROFLMBO: Will have to see what goodies, if any, I have time to make today! ;)

Healthy food...hmmm...aren't those ugly, ugly words to be using at this time of year? :shock: :whip: :whip:

YES!!! My whole life is healthy food and I am having Christmas off. :?
After reading Mary's last post I am so full now. I just imagined it all. :ROFLMBO:
kate3

Postby Mary Kobe » December 24th, 2011, 9:27 am

Well, another Christmas event is over! Had a blast at my sister's! One of my daughters and another sister decided to take gifts that were for the adult steal and replace them with items from my sister's house who was hosting the party. At one point, someone opened a toilet plunger! My BIL, said, "that looks like one that we have"...and oh so serious! They also replaced a gift for my 7 year old niece with Raisin Bran and items out of her room. She said, "I don't like this kind of cereal". "I already have one of these." (It was a hair tie that they found in her room). Yes, they were nice, and gave the correct presents.

My 5 year old grandson was helping me and was so excited when he got to pick my gift! He opened it and it had scratch off lottery tickets and a gift card. He was thrilled! (He loves scratch offs--the used ones. LOL) Then my sister stole it and he had to pick another. This time, we got a bottle of sea shells! He was tickled! He wanted to open the bottle and look at all the shells. Then we found out it was another one of those things from my sister's house. He was so disappointed!

Yes, we are a warped family!
Mary Kobe

Postby CeCeCreates » December 24th, 2011, 10:04 am

Oh Mary, that sounds like soooo much fun. It gives me some ideas! :hide:
Actually here are some "mild" fun presents I am doing this year. My newly married dd's husband is named Charles, but we discovered that family calls him Chuckie, so dd calls him that sometimes, so he calls her Duckie. Chuckie and Duckie. Well, my neighbor passed away and her brother has been cleaning out the house and trying to get me to take things. Well, he tried to get me to take a "duck" basket. So I did and wrapped it for my dd, just putting "Duckie" on the tag. Not putting who it was from. So I found an ornament that I was able to put the name "Chuckie" on with vinyl for SIL. Looks as though it was purchased that way. Well, dh wanted an ax from the neighbor which he thought was hilarious. So he asked me to wrap it, which I did. Not easy. And it is hidden under the tree. Dh's name is John, so this tag says "Johnny Appleseed". I have two more kids. Their's are not as fun, but had to include them. My ds likes to hike with friends. They have been hiking in KY and TN, 3-4 days at a time. They laugh how they were instructed to walk through the forest yelling "Ho bear, Hi bear" to keep bears at bay. I think some rustic looking fellow hiker they ran into told them this. Anyhow, I got him a bear ornament, and just put "Ho bear, hi bear" on the tag. My other dd is turning 21, so I made her an ornament with vinyl applique on an E made of ceramic. It has an elelphant (her favorite animal) holding a glass of wine, and has 21 on it too. Her name is Elyse and ds likes to call her wheezy, so I put that on her tag. Just a little fun to be had.
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby kate3 » December 24th, 2011, 11:08 am

Kathy and Cece, You are having way too much fun without me but giving me great ideas. Kathy, loved what they did with the gifts and I love the laughter on Christmas day which is now. If I don't go to bed the family will start arriving soon.
kate3

Postby Mary Kobe » December 24th, 2011, 11:27 am

CeCe, those are great ideas! One of my sisters and I were talking about how much fun we had last night. We already have ideas for next year. It will be the 5th Christmas without our dad (mom passed away in 1979). So, we are all going to get things that remind us of dad.

One idea is those grabber things where you squeeze the handle to pick something up off the floor. He had one in every room!

Another idea has to do with an embarrassing story with my son. He was taking my dad somewhere and my dad mentioned that he had gone to a garage sale in this area and the lady was selling "cundrums". My son had this blank look on his face and my dad started to explain. He said it was used for screwing. My son figured it was some kind of tool and that my dad had mispronounced the name. My dad knew that my son did not get it! So he goes on to explain that it is for SEX! LOL He meant "condums". My dad was notorious for mispronouncing names!

The best part is we laugh so hard we cry! I love when the family gets together!
Mary Kobe

Postby kate3 » December 24th, 2011, 5:23 pm

Mary Kobe wrote:CeCe, those are great ideas! One of my sisters and I were talking about how much fun we had last night. We already have ideas for next year. It will be the 5th Christmas without our dad (mom passed away in 1979). So, we are all going to get things that remind us of dad.

One idea is those grabber things where you squeeze the handle to pick something up off the floor. He had one in every room!

Another idea has to do with an embarrassing story with my son. He was taking my dad somewhere and my dad mentioned that he had gone to a garage sale in this area and the lady was selling "cundrums". My son had this blank look on his face and my dad started to explain. He said it was used for screwing. My son figured it was some kind of tool and that my dad had mispronounced the name. My dad knew that my son did not get it! So he goes on to explain that it is for SEX! LOL He meant "condums". My dad was notorious for mispronouncing names!

The best part is we laugh so hard we cry! I love when the family gets together!

Mary,
We celebrate our parents lives every Christmas and anniversary and it is wonderful as they passed so very young. My little sister was only 11 when they were both gone but us older ones remember. We laugh so much at the funny things they said or did and the great things too. It helps all of our children know and remember their grandparents too. Only 2 really remember them but they all love it. So next year I hope you all have the fun we do.
kate3

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic