Christmas Decorations

Christmas Decorations

Postby Suzan » December 17th, 2011, 12:15 pm

2 very wise words of wisdom in regards to your Christmas Decorations.

1. Never ever let your kids undecorate and put the decorations in the garage. (2 years in the finding).

2. And never ever let your hubby slide on bringing them in until his day off. He swore he went thru the whole garage and we didn't have but 2 boxes.

Well guess what, 2 weeks later, I am in the garage, actually moving stuff around not just looking, and lo and behold, I found all the decorations and the tree he swore we got rid of.

LOL, I am just super happy I have it all out and can now decorate.

So lets see what is left to do. Decorate, the inside and outside, Finish a quilt, I just started 2 days ago, finish 20 chargers for presents, do all the rest of my shopping, food and presents. Guess I won't be getting a lot of sleep this week. LOL.

I AM LOVING IT. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Re: Christmas Decorations

Postby rachellann » December 17th, 2011, 12:43 pm

I hear you Suzan. My hubby can't find things unless they are in plain view but then there are time he still can not see them.
I tell him if they had been a snake he would have been bitten in the face.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby Suzan » December 17th, 2011, 12:57 pm

Exactly Rachellann, I knew all this stuff was out in the garage.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Mary Kobe » December 17th, 2011, 2:57 pm

Boy, do I know that feeling! I don't even want to get started!
Mary Kobe

Postby kate3 » December 17th, 2011, 8:20 pm

When my daughter and I put them away last we put them in sealed and labelled boxes in the garage. DH spent 4 hours looking and for the last 2 weeks I have had 4 naked trees that I found! Yesterday I had had enough and went back out into the garage and walked straight to 4 boxes of decorations. Right where I told him they were and he carried them there. His answer, they weren't there the other day when I looked??? Has he been naughty and Santa made them invisible when he looked? :shock: :whip: :ROFLMBO:
kate3

Postby rachellann » December 17th, 2011, 9:04 pm

Mary Kobe wrote:Boy, do I know that feeling! I don't even want to get started!

LOL Mary and Suzan and Kate3 , Men are blind as bats when looking for things. we could even give them detailed photos and they still would not be able to find them. :banghead: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :banghead: :ROFLMBO: :banghead:
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby Suzan » December 17th, 2011, 10:21 pm

Well the worst of it is, is that he kept telling me all the ornaments were in this one tub, Not a big tub either. We both used to collect Hallmark ornaments before Valerie,and they are always packed away in their boxes. That is one huge tub by itself. Between all his Star Trek and Baseball ones. And I collected the victorian house series. Well I got back at him today. He had to decorate the whole back yard, the way I wanted it. And it was cold and drizzly. But I am happy with how it turned out, Just one more thing to do back there and it is done. And I got all the invitations done for our party. And the inside decorating is almost done also. So i am a very happy camper. Now tomorrow all day to finish the quilt.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Mary Kobe » December 18th, 2011, 8:49 am

rachellann wrote:
Mary Kobe wrote:Boy, do I know that feeling! I don't even want to get started!

LOL Mary and Suzan and Kate3 , Men are blind as bats when looking for things. we could even give them detailed photos and they still would not be able to find them. :banghead: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :banghead: :ROFLMBO: :banghead:

Sometimes it is just easier to to it myself! Less frustration!

Now I have to share this: Two weeks ago, I got a call from my DH while I was shopping with a friend. We were shopping for decorations for a Christmas event at work and were really concentrating on our budget. DH called and asked where his drill was. I asked which one? I thought it was in the computer room where he had left it after finishing a project. He said it was not there and he looked everywhere! I told him I would deal with it when I got home.

Well, he insisted that he did not use it in the computer room. I looked in the obvious places, and could not find it. I went to bed. He kept obsessing on this dang drill! I got up, opened a drawer in the computer room and low and behold...there was the drill! I told him I found it. I also left the drawer open so he could see it when he went back in there!

Now, here is my question: Why didn't he put it BACK with his toolbox UPSTAIRS??? Why would he put it in the bottom of a very large desk drawer????
Mary Kobe

Postby kate3 » December 18th, 2011, 10:35 am

Mary because he is male. There is nothing else to describe the problem but male. I bought my husband a keychain that makes a noise when he whistles this week. Not for his keys but for his reading glasses. I must hear at least 3 times a day, "Have you seen my glasses?" He has 4 pairs of them.
kate3

Postby Suzan » December 18th, 2011, 12:57 pm

OMGosh, he is my hubby. He walks in the door. Doesn't matter how hot or cold, he takes his work shirt off and drapes it over a chair. Then he unloads his junk all over the place. Keys, wallet etc. Then he sits down and takes off his shoes and socks, and leaves the socks under the coffee table. And I swear every morning, it is I can't find this or that. I usually pick it all up and put it in the hamper, but got tired of it, till one morning he is like where are all my socks. I said look under the coffee table, he doesn't but says no I put them in the hamper. Like I always do. UH HUH dear. So then he gets irritated he has no clean socks. LOL. I love it.

Oh yes Kate the glasses, same thing. He takes them off then can't find them. I don't care much if they are the cheaters we have all over the house, but when he did it to a pair of 350.00 glasses he had to have. I went thru the roof. Haven't seen them in 2 years.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby CaseysAngel » December 18th, 2011, 1:17 pm

Oh I can tell when something of mine is missing when it comes to Christmas.LOL

And yes you will have a busy week. I decorated my house in October (always do, I don't have time in November/december) but I am going to have to do some adjusting on the tree. i think the fur babies have been smacking it with their tails.LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby Suzan » December 18th, 2011, 7:27 pm

Oh yes the fur babies, they have played havoc in my village. They love to get on it and sleep on the miniature lights.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Trisha » December 19th, 2011, 9:50 am

[quote="Suzan"]2 very wise words of wisdom in regards to your Christmas Decorations.

1. Never ever let your kids undecorate and put the decorations in the garage. (2 years in the finding).

2. And never ever let your hubby slide on bringing them in until his day off. He swore he went thru the whole garage and we didn't have but 2 boxes.

Well guess what, 2 weeks later, I am in the garage, actually moving stuff around not just looking, and lo and behold, I found all the decorations and the tree he swore we got rid of.

LOL, I am just super happy I have it all out and can now decorate. quote]

This is precisely why I have a separate storage area just for the Christmas decor (and Easter, and Thanksgiving/Fall). I know that the guys just won't go in there. Nothing else is in there (most of the time). They know from experience that they won't find any tools or man-type stuff in there, so they stay out. I don't ever have to chase them out. :)

I let them help take stuff down, but I insist on being the one to pack them up and put them away. It's the only way I know things will be safely stored and that I know I can find them next year, especially some vintage ornaments that were my grandmother's. Except the 8 ft. tree. I let them handle that, but I supervise so I know exactly where it is. If they move it they know they will have to find it no matter what, or buy and set up a new tree that very day. This year, our son brought in the tree two weeks before Thanksgiving because he wanted to be sure and have it in the house for early decorating. I think he made it! :D

Trisha
In God We STILL Trust
Trisha

Return to Off Topic