A tip for photoshop users...

A tip for photoshop users...

Postby pigtailpat » December 16th, 2011, 7:33 am

I thought I would pass this on.....

Son #3 is graduating HS school this year. The school allows the parents to purchase ad space in the yearbook. I did this with my first two in their graduation years. I purchase a full page, so that I can put in a photo essay as a remembrance to the child.

So, I was put in the position of trying to grab my background I used for the first two 7 years ago, at a time when I used then paint shop pro (I could not afford photoshop then, and it was too intimidating to learn). However, I removed PSP when I got photoshop. I didn't think this through that I would have leftover PSP files.......I really liked this background (it is like rice paper and it took me eons to find it).

After doing a little research, I found that there is a plug-in (free) for photoshop that will open PSP files (PSP image - akin to the .psd extension for photoshop files) inside photoshop. Problem solved, I retrieved my rice paper with no problem.

This really cut into my paper crafting and x-mas cards, but if I had missed this deadline, it would be forever.......

I hope this helps someone........

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Re: A tip for photoshop users...

Postby Retta » December 16th, 2011, 4:38 pm

I use paintshop pro for the reason you give. I wonder if there is a plug-in to go from photoshop to paintshop?
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Re: A tip for photoshop users...

Postby Elizabeth » December 16th, 2011, 8:19 pm

Thanks for the info, Pat. What a terrific thing to do for you sons.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Return to Off Topic