My ship finally came in.... well at least my raft did! LOL!

My ship finally came in.... well at least my raft did! LOL!

Postby CeCeCreates » December 3rd, 2011, 8:18 pm

My son and I went to an outdoors type mall today where a local radio station was hosting a give away. 30 people had already won $50 gift cards to this mall, and this morning you could come out and sign up to be one of 10 more people to win the gift card. Well, both my son and I had our names drawn! At first they questioned that we could both win, but my son is 25 and no longer lives at home, so we are not the same "household" anymore. So that was allowed. Well, then those 40 people got a chance to win a $5000, $3000, or $1000 gift card to this mall. Much to my surprise I won the $3000 gift card!!!! Not to my surprise, my almost 21 year old daughter called me from college (after hearing about it through the grapevine!) to tell me she would gladly help me spend it!!!! All in all, a very nice day! :D :D
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Re: My ship finally came in.... well at least my raft did! L

Postby kim » December 3rd, 2011, 8:24 pm

CONGRATS !!! What a happy day for you. I'm sure you will have a lot of people willing to help you spend your good fortune. So happy it went to such a great person!
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Mary Kobe » December 3rd, 2011, 8:30 pm

That is wonderful! Congratulatons! I hope they have a scrapbook or craft store where you can spend it! :)
Mary Kobe

Postby Suzan » December 3rd, 2011, 9:12 pm

Wow that is super awesome. Just in time for Christmas. Congratulations.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby kate3 » December 3rd, 2011, 9:16 pm

As I already said that makes Christmas or crafting more fun. Congratulations CeCe!
I said it on FB.
kate3

Postby kathybessey » December 3rd, 2011, 10:12 pm

Awww CeCe I am so happy for you! Congrats!!! Treat yourself to something fun before the kids help you spend it! :)
kathybessey

Postby Retta » December 3rd, 2011, 10:20 pm

Aw CeCe that is so much fun!! Congratulations !!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Sassycutter » December 3rd, 2011, 10:48 pm

Merry Christmas to you!!! How wonderful!!! You will "spend" a million dollars before you decide what to buy with your money!!! Decisions....decisions.... :D :D :D
So much paper, so little time....
Sassycutter

Cutter: 13" Black Cat and Foilmaster

Postby whizzy » December 3rd, 2011, 10:58 pm

Congratulations, that's a nice little bonus at this time of year :)
www.scrapsofstuff.com
Mac OS X 10.9, Windows 7
Inkscape, Signcut Pro (with dongle) & Scal3 ļ£æ tiny bites! )
whizzy

Cutter: 18" Cougar

Postby CeCeCreates » December 3rd, 2011, 11:03 pm

Thanks everyone. Kim, what you said was so sweet. Unfortunately, this outdoor mall is more of an upscale clothing store/restaurant type mall. No crafting stores. It does have a very nice book store. And yes, I will spend a million there deciding what to buy. A fun problem to have, right? :ROFLMBO:
CeCeCreates

Postby Gigi » December 3rd, 2011, 11:42 pm

Oh CeCe - that is so wonderful. I could not be happier for you. As everyone said, what a great time of year to win some extra money and I hope you spoil yourself first - you deserve it.

:bighug:
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby CeCeCreates » December 3rd, 2011, 11:48 pm

Nothing like a husband to come home and put a damper on it. He says there is no need to spend it now, that we have already bought enough for Christmas and no ones needs anything more. He wants to put the gift cards away for now. I said that I at least want the $50 card for going out to lunch with friends. And he says he will put them both away somewhere! :banghead: I said NO! I at least want the $50 card in MY wallet! :whip: :whip: Sigh.
CeCeCreates

Postby kate3 » December 4th, 2011, 12:20 am

CeCeCreates wrote:Nothing like a husband to come home and put a damper on it. He says there is no need to spend it now, that we have already bought enough for Christmas and no ones needs anything more. He wants to put the gift cards away for now. I said that I at least want the $50 card for going out to lunch with friends. And he says he will put them both away somewhere! :banghead: I said NO! I at least want the $50 card in MY wallet! :whip: :whip: Sigh.

CeCe, Hit him on the head with a rock and tell him they told you they will expire soon. :whip: My husband knows I would bite him but I would probably spend it on him anyway and the little ones.
kate3

Postby kim » December 4th, 2011, 12:27 am

Double check there is no hardware store that he can spend them on. I had a credit card that I was cancelling and remembered fhat it had some kind of reward system on it so called the company just before I cancelled. I had several options but to get the most money out of it, I got the Lowe's or Home Depot gift cards. I got $2000. I made the mistake of telling DH and grabeed them up so quick, I don't think I even got to look at them. :ROFLMBO: I think he went to the store and acted like a kid in a candy shop with a pocket full of money.

but, seriously, you do need to check to see if there is an expiration date. Some don't specify.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Angel135612 » December 4th, 2011, 12:56 am

That is so cool that you won CeCe... and tell DH that those cards are YOURS, not HIS.. .and you can spend them how ever you see fit, whether it be on yourself, or for other people. He isn't the one that won them, so he doesn't get a say in how they are spent.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Elizabeth » December 6th, 2011, 5:37 pm

Hooray for you, CeCe! I just love it when good things happen to good people. And this is a really big good thing, whether you use it now, or save it for later. Enjoy!!!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby CeCeCreates » December 6th, 2011, 5:56 pm

Elizabeth wrote:Hooray for you, CeCe! I just love it when good things happen to good people. And this is a really big good thing, whether you use it now, or save it for later. Enjoy!!!

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. I bought my first things together today. My sister, who I love dearly, and has struggled over the years financially, has a birthday this Saturday. We quit exchanging b'day gifts eons ago, but I bought her 2 tops and a pair of pants and had them gift wrapped and mailed to her today. I am so excited to surprise her. They are clothes she can wear to work which she needs very much.

And then I bought myself a pair of shoes. Ever since my accident, my right foot is so much wider and flatter than the left. Shoe shopping is so difficult, and I really need good supportive shoes. I get so tired of wearing "tennis" shoes, but they are what works best. Well, I got a pair of Clarks shoes today. The new rocker ones, but they don't seem as exaggerated as some brands, and they come with a 30 day guarantee, so how can I go wrong!
CeCeCreates

Postby Gigi » December 6th, 2011, 6:11 pm

Oh CeCe - how wonderful. I love what you did for your sister and she will be SO thrilled. That was so thoughtful of you to think of something special for her, but then that is what you do - put others first. I have seen that from you on here time and time again.

Am so glad you found shoes that will hopefully work for you too. I love Clarks - have several pairs of the bendables and they are SO comfortable and last a long time. Good for you - you deserve it so!

This is fun - I can get my shopping fix through you and not spend a cent (and those of you who believe I am not doing my share of online shooping these days just don't know me well - yet!!) :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

Seriously - so happy for you CeCe! :bighug:
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby corwins » December 6th, 2011, 8:35 pm

Great! Congrats
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt by the heart. Helen Keller

http://www.mycardspot.blogspot.com
corwins

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar 13"

Postby kate3 » December 6th, 2011, 10:41 pm

CeCe, Only you would think of your sister first and then get you some shoes. I found a really nice shop in Spokane that just sells wide shoes and I stocked up.
I still say hit that man on the head with a rock and get that other card back. :whip: If you can't bring yourself to do it I will be right there. :D Just looking at me will scare him into it. :shock:
kate3

Next

Return to Off Topic