A prayer request please.

Re: A prayer request please.

Postby Suzan » December 2nd, 2011, 1:11 am

Bryan has had clusters for years. He hasn't had one in about 15 years. But he would get them about every three years, and get one every day and it would get more and more intense every day. The only way he could break the cluster was being on Fiorinal for 3 or four days straight, pretty much knocked out. But then they put him on verapimil and that seemed to work. But gosh he hasn't taken that for years either. Valerie has a different type of migraine. So I feel for her. There are so many types of migraines. Valerie was put on a seizure medicine. But we don't know if it ever worked because it made her itch really bad. And the injections they gave her, are you ready for this. Her co-pay was 1100.00 for eight injections. Our insurance doesn't cover that drug. Very relieved it isn't a tumor.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby kate3 » December 2nd, 2011, 1:31 am

Ouch Suzan that is a big cost. All of our medications end up on the free list which doesn't make them free it means you pay the first $40.00 and the Government pay the rest. If it is new and it works it takes its sweet time getting on that list.
My longest time in a cluster migraine cycle was 32 days. By then I would have tried anything because that was back a few years where they were really bad and my GP gave me a new med to try, she had a sample. I hated how it made me feel and I wouldn't take anymore. A month later it had killed 3 women with massive strokes but only if they were in my age group which then was 35 to 50. We test new meds for years before they are released. That is a big age group to miss. I really feel for Valerie because I have been there and I still go there but mine are in the nicer ones now. I will pray hers go there too.
kate3

Postby Elizabeth » December 2nd, 2011, 6:22 am

So glad the news is good!!!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Retta » December 2nd, 2011, 10:17 am

Praising God it wasn't a tumor and that they can help her. Will continue praying that they find out the cause and can fix that too. Hugs!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Phyllis » December 2nd, 2011, 11:10 am

So thankful it wasn't a tumor. I pray that they can find something to relieve the headaches.
Phyllis

Previous

Return to Off Topic