A prayer request please.

A prayer request please.

Postby kate3 » November 30th, 2011, 10:51 am

My niece, the one who has been cheated out of her exam marks told her mother she has had a headache for almost 5 weeks now. She has been taking pain medication every 4 hours that only worked the first day.

Her mother took her to the doctor before her last exam this morning thinking it would be something simple. He could see she wasn't stressed at all about her last exam and she hasn't been for any of them. In fact in the last couple of weeks she has already completed 6 months of Physics in her spare time.

When he heard the pain was waking her in the middle of the night he told her he had no choice but to send her for a CT scan right away. She had this done this morning too as she is showing signs of what could be a brain tumour. Then he told her mother not to worry as it mostly isn't but he had to cross it off the list first and we would know in 2 days. To cheer her up even more he added it could be just a compressed spinal cord or cluster headaches caused by a compressed spinal cord leading into migraine. I don't pick any of those for this young lady but he didn't have any nice options to give her.

So if you wouldn't mind saying a prayer for Tarlee. Her family will be very grateful please. Thank you.
kate3

Re: A prayer request please.

Postby Mary Kobe » November 30th, 2011, 10:55 am

Kate, prayers being sent to Tarlee and the rest of the family.
Mary Kobe

Postby Suzan » November 30th, 2011, 11:25 am

Headaches are bad, will pray for her definately Valerie has horrible migraines, and the medicine that could help, makes her itch really bad. So I feel for your niece.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby iggylover » November 30th, 2011, 11:49 am

Saying prayers for Tarlee and family!
iggylover

Postby kim » November 30th, 2011, 11:55 am

Oh Kate, I hate to hear that she is going through this in the middle of her exams. Of course she and the family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully it is something that is just stress induced and not anything major. Bright side...I suffer from headaches all the time and it is not a tumor. Hopefully hers will be the same. Keep us posted. I especially hate it when the young suffer from anything.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby rachellann » November 30th, 2011, 2:56 pm

will be saying extra prayers for her and the whole family.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » November 30th, 2011, 3:19 pm

Of course, sending prayers.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Phyllis » November 30th, 2011, 6:04 pm

Kate, so sorry about her headaches, my prayers are heading her way.
Phyllis

Postby CeCeCreates » November 30th, 2011, 6:31 pm

Saying prayers!
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby Retta » November 30th, 2011, 6:51 pm

Dear Lord, we come befor you to ask that you would be with Tarlee and her family. That you would quite her doctors and help them to know what to do. That the tests would help them find it. That it would not be serious. We just think of all she is going through and ask that you would help her keep up with school also. Lord just be with them and help to ease their hearts and take the pain away. We would that this would be healed quickly and there be no serios side affects. Lord we thank you for hearing us and loving us so much!!
Amen.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby kate3 » December 1st, 2011, 3:52 am

Thank you all and I love you Retta. Your prayer is lovely.

We were with her mother today and the results are in but her mother would not call to find out. As her daughter wants to be there when she does and her mother respects her wishes.
kate3

Postby Barbara » December 1st, 2011, 5:35 am

Prayers and hugs to all.
Barbara
Barbara

Postby kim » December 1st, 2011, 9:54 am

OMG, if I was her mother, I would be a basket case.
kim

Postby kate3 » December 1st, 2011, 10:55 am

kim wrote:OMG, if I was her mother, I would be a basket case.

Kim, Her mother is a basket case. This morning she went to visit her friend who just stopped working full time yesterday and her baby is due in 7 days. Why wasn't I ever that strong when I was pregnant?
The doctor had told her it is unlikely to be a brain tumour at 17 even though he didn't like how her eyes were reacting to light. Then her friend told her she hasn't been in touch for 8 weeks as her niece was having a brain tumour removed at 16. That didn't help at all.
You know I think this has to do with all of the mobile phones and microwaves and stuff we didn't have as children. They may be convenient but I don't think anyone knows just how unsafe they could be yet. I will know the results when I get up in the morning.
kate3

Postby Phyllis » December 1st, 2011, 11:21 am

Kate, I always worry about those cell phones too. Keep us updated, still praying for good news.
Phyllis

Postby Retta » December 1st, 2011, 12:53 pm

Oh Kate - I love you too. Praying for them all!!!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby CeCeCreates » December 1st, 2011, 1:11 pm

Yes, I am so glad that my kids all prefer to use texting rather than talking on their cell phones. Keep that radiation away from their brains. And I use a head set with my cell phone. Not to save my brain, (not sure that is possible anymore!) but simply because I can barely hold a phone for any length of time with my shoulder, etc., issues. But I think head sets are a good idea for that purpose.

Still praying for Tarla.
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby kate3 » December 2nd, 2011, 12:31 am

No brain tumour! She has to take Prednisalone or whatever you call it there, it is just a week of cortisone. Apparently having severe headaches for so long makes your brain swell and this will take that down again. I didn't know that, see and I thought I was too old to learn. The scan showed the swelling but it is an easy fix. What is not so easy is finding a cause for the headaches.
He did say it could be cluster headaches leading to migraine which does run in both sides of her family. I have never known any of them to start this way though. It could be her eyes and it could be her neck is out of alignment or it could be anything. We are so relieved it isn't a brain tumour that we are happy to keep looking. I have cluster migraines and her mother was shocked to find out I have up to 12 a week when she called me with the results. I am so used to them I don't take any medication these days and they no longer bother me. I only get one of the, oh darn, put me in the dark I am going to throw up and die ones about every 3 years. They make my cluster ones feel like nothing.
I still hope for her it isn't this either. She has been studying for her exams, cramming in Physics to bring her marks to the top. When she isn't doing these things she is reading a book or using a computer. I think an eye check is a great place to start after the headaches are controlled because eye exams always give me a headache. I hate the follow the flashing light and press the clicker every time you see it part. All you can see are flashing lights after that one and then they shine a torch in your eyes to finish you off. Not a fun thing to do to her after they stop the headaches but it is going to be necessary to cross it off the list.
You guys are all great! Thank you.
kate3

Postby kim » December 2nd, 2011, 12:40 am

That is such a HUGE relief. Many things can cause headaches, especially migraines. Eye strain, sugar, stress, bone alignmnent, and the list goes on. I try to not take medication for my migraines, but at a certain point, I have to. It is certainly the one bottle of medication that I keep with me at all times. Problem is that a normal sinus headache can turn into a migraine if not careful. Not a fun thing, especially for one so young and trying to study for exams. But at least it's not a tumor.

I will keep her in my prayers that the cause is found so that a solution can be suggested. AND I refuse to do that click the button when you see the flashing light test anymore. JUST WON"T DO IT. Gives me the worst headache imaginable. I finally decided that I have a say in what I will and will not do. Only took me til I got in my forties to get up the nerve.
kim

Postby kate3 » December 2nd, 2011, 1:03 am

Thank you Kim.
I didn't know I could say no and I am in my 50's. I am ready with my no for next time!
kate3

Next

Return to Off Topic