I think I may be going insane...

I think I may be going insane...

Postby LisaH » November 28th, 2011, 6:37 pm

I filled out a college application today and actually hit the submit button... :shock: :banghead: It's not like I have nothing to do or occupy my time, you know crafting IS a full time job ;) I'm just slightly TERRIFIED...I've been out of high school for a REALLY LONG time and never went to college...I was too busy raising my kids. Now they are gone and I get to do things for me...just really worried if I will be able to actually DO the math and science required, the english/history/writing I know I can handle... :?
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Re: I think I may be going insane...

Postby CeCeCreates » November 28th, 2011, 6:41 pm

Wow! Hooray for you! You can do it!
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby Suzan » November 28th, 2011, 6:42 pm

Wow that is so awesome, you can do it. And you will appreciate it a whole lot more. And then there is all the paybacks you can hit your kids up for, for helping them do their homework. Congrats.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby LisaH » November 28th, 2011, 6:50 pm

Thanks ladies!

I have to take an entrance exam to see if I need any "refresher courses", and wait to see if I get an acceptance letter...

My youngest one, God love him, has already told me that he will help me with anything I need...he's a guru in math and science, so I'm sure I will definitely be driving him crazy with "help me"...
LisaH

Postby Sassycutter » November 28th, 2011, 7:17 pm

Lisa,
Hooray for you!!! You can do it!!! I had been out of school for over 20 years when I went back. I was hardly ever the oldest person in class (I was in my late 40's at the time) and I think some of the teachers didn't especially like my constantly asking questions or wanting something clarified. Too bad....I'm paying you to teach me, so teach me :ROFLMBO: I have such a feeling of accomplishment! I graduated (between my son and daughter's high school graduations) and I also have my masters degree. I was SO much better as an adult student than when I was younger. Go and enjoy!!!
So much paper, so little time....
Sassycutter

Cutter: 13" Black Cat and Foilmaster

Postby Gigi » November 28th, 2011, 7:41 pm

Lisa -
That is fabulous - good for you. I am so excited for you. That is just awesome.

And you have a huge support system right here - we will all be ready to encourage you and cheer you on.

Please keep us posted!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Phyllis » November 28th, 2011, 7:51 pm

Lisa, that's wonderful. I was thinking about you today, wondering where you were, guess you've been busy getting into college. Good for you.
Phyllis

Postby Trisha » November 28th, 2011, 8:27 pm

Good for you, Lisa!! You go get 'em, girl!!

Trisha
In God We STILL Trust
Trisha

Postby kim » November 28th, 2011, 8:33 pm

Geez, my post disappeared again.....

Well, I'll say it again....LisaH....YOU GO GIRL!! You will not regret going back to school. I think you will find it easier than you think in a lot of respects. You are more settled and focused. Life experiences can help in a lot of things also. I think teachers/professors like the older students because of the life experiences that they can bring to the classroom and also, older students tend to be more focused and they are interested in learning. You will find that you are not the only "older" student in college. A lot more are going back to finish their education because they put it on hold for many different reasons. YOU CAN DO IT and we will cheer you on.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby iggylover » November 28th, 2011, 9:01 pm

Good for you!!!

I think the younger students also like having older students in class... we're not so afraid to raise our hands and ask questions until we know we understand something (then the 'kids' come up later and thank you because they didn't understand either, but didn't want to ask).
iggylover

Postby Elizabeth » November 28th, 2011, 9:09 pm

What fabulous news! Good for you, Lisa!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kate3 » November 28th, 2011, 10:26 pm

Lisa,
You go for it! You can do it and we all feel like proud parents again.
I can help with the Maths and I have a Science brain in the family. We can all help you cheat by forum if you need it. :o :hide: You won't but we are behind you.
kate3

Postby Sassycutter » November 29th, 2011, 12:08 am

Great idea. I was always proofing papers my kids wrote in college. They emailed them to me, I made corrections or suggestions and then they finished them up. Team work!! We can do it for Lisa too!!!
So much paper, so little time....
Sassycutter

Cutter: 13" Black Cat and Foilmaster

Postby whizzy » November 29th, 2011, 6:20 am

Good on you Lisa, WTG!
www.scrapsofstuff.com
Mac OS X 10.9, Windows 7
Inkscape, Signcut Pro (with dongle) & Scal3 ļ£æ tiny bites! )
whizzy

Cutter: 18" Cougar

Postby Mary Kobe » November 29th, 2011, 6:33 am

Way to go, Lisa!

I was a "non-traditional" student as well! You will find that it is much easier than what you think!

I graduated with my bachelor's in 2002 and went on for my master's in 2004. I could not get the math stuff! My oldest daughter was in college for education with an emphasis on math. I would call and email her and she would help. There were times I wanted to quit because I could not get the math. She said that I was too close to quit and she would come up and take me to class if that is what it would take!

She graduated with her bachelor's and I with my master's in 2004 on the same day. I wanted to go to her graduation but she wanted me to go to mine. I drove 2 hours to her graduation and left early to make it to mine. I was not there to see her walk across the stage, but my sister was there and she called me so I could hear her name. (I think she did it to make me cry!)

The entrance exam is not that bad. It is not a pass/fail...and sometimes we just need to take those refresher courses!

I have worked at a college since 2000, so if there is anything you need, just holler.
Mary Kobe

Postby Retta » November 29th, 2011, 2:16 pm

I own and use a blackcat. You create files and can come up with amazing things, College will be a breeze!!! Go Lisa!!!!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby LisaH » November 29th, 2011, 2:43 pm

Thanks for all of the encouragement! I'm sure I will yell and cry out to you guys for help, y'all are the best! I will do my best to keep you updated as to the admissions, etc. :bighug:
LisaH

Postby corwins » November 29th, 2011, 6:50 pm

Great! You will be an awesome student. I too was wondering where you have been. Good to hear from you. Congrats and have fun.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt by the heart. Helen Keller

http://www.mycardspot.blogspot.com
corwins

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar 13"

Postby kathybessey » November 29th, 2011, 8:50 pm

Lisa I am so proud of you!! I went to back to college while raising five kids and it was the best thing I ever did. You will be fine with the math and science stuff - you have a great support system between your kids and all your "family" here!

Now when my little man starts bringing home homework that I have to remember how to do I will be hollering at you for help (fair warning, it will be a couple of years LOL)

Great big HUGS Lisa -- I am so happy for you! --OK maybe you won't get coal for Christmas :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :)
kathybessey

Postby LisaH » November 30th, 2011, 10:19 am

@kathybessey :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
LisaH

Next

Return to Off Topic