Prayers please

Prayers please

Postby Mary Kobe » October 14th, 2011, 10:43 pm

I would like to ask for you to keep my son-in-law's family in your prayers. His dad passed away this evening after a long battle with mylenoma. He received treatment for 5 years, and two weeks ago, it was determined that there was nothing else that doctors could do. He has suffered greatly the last few weeks and God called him home today.

My daughter, son-in-law, and grandkids lived with him and his wife. My daughter is having a very rough time, but my son-in-law is doing very well. He told me he had to be strong for his mom and for my daughter. God bless him!

I know that he is in a much better place and is no longer in pain. His family has a lot of strength through God, but it is never easy to lose a loved one, as we all know.

Thank you in advance.
Mary Kobe

Re: Prayers please

Postby veronika44 » October 14th, 2011, 10:56 pm

in my prayers...so sorry!
veronika44

Postby Gigi » October 15th, 2011, 12:25 am

Sending prayers, Mary. I am so sorry for their loss - and the pain you are enduring.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Suzan » October 15th, 2011, 1:30 am

Mary I am so sorry for the loss, Your son in law sounds like a dream. Will be praying for peace and comfort for the family. The nice thing is he is in heaven. Big hugs to you and the family
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Thyme » October 15th, 2011, 3:32 am

Sending prayers
Thyme

Postby Retta » October 15th, 2011, 6:53 am

Dear Lord, please be with this wonderful family as they grieving for their husband, father and grandfather. Help them find peace in the good memories. Give them strength to take each day one at a time and find you very near with the comfort only you can give.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby kate3 » October 15th, 2011, 8:32 am

Mary, I am so sorry and of course they will all be in my prayers.
kate3

Postby LisaH » October 15th, 2011, 2:30 pm

sending prayers and hugs
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Mary Kobe » October 16th, 2011, 8:03 am

Thanks everyone for the prayers, hugs, and thoughts.

I visited with the family yesterday, and they all seem to do be doing very well. Services are Tuesday afternoon, but I have a luncheon meeting at work that I am in charge of, and will not be able to attend, which breaks my heart. I will spend time with them as soon as I can get away from work.

I have to share this story from my 4 year old grandson. I picked him up to spend some time with my other grandson. He said, "Momo, did you know that my grandpa died?" I said, "Yes, I know. But he is not suffering or hurting any more." He said, "I know." I said, "He is in heaven with the angels." He said, "No he's not! He is at the funeral home!" I had to hold back the laughter!
Mary Kobe

Postby LisaH » October 16th, 2011, 8:29 am

Out of the mouths of babes! Love it...
LisaH

Postby JeannetteC » October 16th, 2011, 9:20 am

That's so cute Mary. You have to love the simplicity that the young ones look at life with.

I'll keep them in my prayers.
JeannetteC

Postby Suzan » October 16th, 2011, 10:01 am

My grandmother died when Valerie was four. She knew grandma was in heaven. And the service was a closed casket. Well everything was so crazy that I was floored when Valerie asked what was in the big box. Not wanting to upset her even more. I told her it was to hold all the pretty flowers. She looked and said no mommy that is wrong, that is where grandmas body is the unimportant part, the rest is in heaven.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » October 16th, 2011, 10:44 am

Gotta love the kids' view of things. Love the comments from Mary and Suzan. So many times we think they don't understand, and they do - so much more than we ever expected!

Hugs and prayers for you and your family, Mary.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Mary Kobe » October 16th, 2011, 6:02 pm

Suzan, that is so cute! AND smart!

When an aunt died several years ago, one of her nieces who was very young said, "Tell her to wake up. There are people here who want to talk to her!" There was laughter everywhere! Her mom was quite embarrassed!
Mary Kobe

Postby PennyDuncan » October 17th, 2011, 12:42 pm

Mary Kobe wrote:Thanks everyone for the prayers, hugs, and thoughts.

I visited with the family yesterday, and they all seem to do be doing very well. Services are Tuesday afternoon, but I have a luncheon meeting at work that I am in charge of, and will not be able to attend, which breaks my heart. I will spend time with them as soon as I can get away from work.

I have to share this story from my 4 year old grandson. I picked him up to spend some time with my other grandson. He said, "Momo, did you know that my grandpa died?" I said, "Yes, I know. But he is not suffering or hurting any more." He said, "I know." I said, "He is in heaven with the angels." He said, "No he's not! He is at the funeral home!" I had to hold back the laughter!

Oh Mary....what a precious memory to have from this bad situation.....I'm so sorry for your daugher and son-in-laws and their family's loss....I'm just reading this but please know I will DEFINATELY keep them in my prayers!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Postby Retta » October 17th, 2011, 12:53 pm

Mary - please convey our sympathies!!! I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. Prayers being said as they go through this time of grief.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby kim » October 18th, 2011, 10:37 am

So sorry to hear the sad news but if he was suffering, it is a good thing that he was called home. It is just hard on those left behind and my prayers are with them as they grieve. It is never easy to lose someone you love, even if it is best and that we know they are going to a better place. My heart goes out to your family.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby meme » October 22nd, 2011, 12:12 am

So sorry for your loss. My prayers will be with you and your whole family; I am glad he is in God's hands now. If you ever get a chane read "Heaven Is For Real" ; I enjoyed the read and gives you a new way to look at life and eternal bliss. I wish I had looked sooner; but sending prayers and my utmost sincere sympathies.
meme

Postby CeCeCreates » October 22nd, 2011, 7:18 am

So sorry for your loss Mary. Please know that you and your family have been in my prayers. I am currently reading "Heaven is for real" too. My sister got it as my mother was dying, and passed it along to me. It is a good read.

Another "little one" story. Please forgive me if I mentioned it before, but at the funeral home, my 4 year old great nephew looked at my mother in the casket and then asked his mother about it. She told him that MeMa was in heaven. He said yes, but how did she get out of her body! I love the purity of little ones.
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Return to Off Topic