Thank you Penny Duncun and for the October crop

Thank you Penny Duncun and for the October crop

Postby pigtailpat » October 9th, 2011, 4:50 pm

Penny -

I wanted to let you know how wonderful you are and how you helped me a ton this weekend. My niece, who is 9 going on 10, finally got to spend an overnight time with me, and we did your rose (the one posted 8-18-10). It came out pretty wonderful. I resized it substantially bigger - because it was an inside present inside........

the pizza box as posted on the october crop challenge.....and this is my second half of the big thank you. My niece and I did that one and it came out pretty well. We did not use the cougar to do that one, it was straight cut with my guillotine trimmer and then scored with the score board. Can't post any photos as it would have been icky to stop and take photos..

the rose and decorations were all cut the cougar. My niece loves to draw and paper craft, so she had a blast. Thanks so much for the great things here - it made a really nice time for me - never have any girls in this house so this was very special to me.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Re: Thank you Penny Duncun and for the October crop

Postby CeCeCreates » October 9th, 2011, 6:29 pm

Sounds like a very special weekend. So glad you had fun. :)
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby kathybessey » October 9th, 2011, 8:27 pm

Aww Pat it sounds like such a special time indeed! Everyone is so fantastic on this forum and I just love how we all get to learn and grow and share our love of crafting with one another and with family members! I wish my granddaughter lived closer so she could craft with me! But Aiden is getting into it a bit :)
kathybessey

Postby sherri » October 9th, 2011, 9:07 pm

Pat, I did some crafting this weekend with my 9 y.o. grand daughter and it was such a nice break! Great to see the spark in her eye she used to have when we would do these things together..there just is not enough time in a day anymore...need to remember they are only going to want to sit with grandma and do this for a few more years! I am glad you had a good experience as well...they are at that perfect crafting age!
Sherri Jensen
That's Scrap, Inc.
sherri

Postby Gigi » October 9th, 2011, 10:24 pm

So glad you had such a wonderful time with your niece. I think the time spent creating is great for both of you. It's an art we certainly want to pass down!

Thanks for letting us know - those are precious memories!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby kate3 » October 9th, 2011, 10:39 pm

Pat, I am so glad you had fun with her and that is what I love doing with my nieces and grand nieces. Happy to send you some of them anytime you want more girls in your home. I have always loved how generous Penny is with her files and her time. Not to mention her talent. If I have ever gotten stuck on anything she answers so quickly. Penny is a very special lady and we are blessed to have her on our forum.
kate3

Postby pigtailpat » October 10th, 2011, 7:00 am

Thanks everyone. It was very special for me! Sherri - amazing we were doing the same thing at the same time! I wanted to get my niece at this age, before the teenage yucky stuff happens. In my opinion, the years between 9 - 12 are the magic ones. After that, the kids do not want to be around us older ones until they get married with kids. That latter part still hasn't happened yet for me.......

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby PennyDuncan » October 11th, 2011, 8:02 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....THANK YOU so much Pat!!! I'm just getting a chance to read the board.... apologize......I bet you all had SUCH a WONDERFUL TIME!!!!!! I'm truly honored you liked the file!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Return to Off Topic