First quilt top is completely pieced together!

First quilt top is completely pieced together!

Postby pigtailpat » October 1st, 2011, 5:26 pm

Yay! Only over 20 years in the making - but I did it!

I next do the borders, when the borders have been cut and attached to the top, I will post another picture. There isn't much difference between the way it looks now, and the way it looks as I originally posted when I got all the blocks done.

There will be a inner border ( 2 1/2 unfinished strips) and an outer border (5 1/2 unfinished strips). The way this charity quilt works, they give me the fabric, and I have to work with what they give me, and it does not seem like I have a good stash for borders. So it looks like the borders will be pieced with different mix and match fabrics. It'll be interesting. This pattern does not call for mitering the corners, but, I might try it if I can. I love the way mitering looks, as I tend to think of everything in frames.......

The strips will be cut on the new big shot pro! I have been practicing with it this week with icky fabric and it is a my second dream machine. My first dream machine is of course the cat.

Tomorrow I hope to practice curves with the curve master foot. I will cut the templates in the am. I really wanted to get the top completely pieced together today, so that I could move onto the borders. I will also try to take a looksee at the current crop challenges and do one.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Re: First quilt top is completely pieced together!

Postby Gigi » October 1st, 2011, 6:51 pm

Good for you, Pat! Will be eager to see the pictures once you take more. It doesn't matter how long it takes - it matters that you stuck with it and did it!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby LisaH » October 1st, 2011, 8:11 pm

Yay Pat!!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby kate3 » October 1st, 2011, 8:58 pm

Wow Pat, You did well to join all those little blocks together already into the pattern you picked. I want to see it finished too.
Thanks Gigi! I have a half finished one in the cupboard that has been there for about 24 years. Talk about a guilt trip. :?
kate3

Postby Phyllis » October 1st, 2011, 9:43 pm

Yay Pat, good for you. I think I would have given up after a year. LOL. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Phyllis

Postby PennyDuncan » October 2nd, 2011, 9:39 am

Oh Pat I can't wait to see either!!! I just know it's going to be GORGEOUS!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Return to Off Topic