My DH is going to kill me!

My DH is going to kill me!

Postby Mary Kobe » October 1st, 2011, 7:13 am

OMG! We are having new gutters and soffets (sp) installed on our house. The guy started working on them yesterday. I was looking at all the cable that was on the outside of our house from when we had Dish TV. I told him to go ahead and pull all the black cable lines because the white ones were the new cable. Well, guess what? I do not have cable in my craftroom or in the living room upstairs! GEEESH! The tv in the family room and our bedroom is fine! Thank goodness, because that is where DH watches tv.

The question now is....Do I tell him? Or, do I ask my daughter to come over while we are on vacation and wait for the cable guy? My husband is such a worrier, he will dwell on this until it is fixed!

Or, maybe I can ask the guy that took the cable down to put it back up! LOL
Mary Kobe

Re: My DH is going to kill me!

Postby LisaH » October 1st, 2011, 7:30 am

oh, sorry Mary, but that is funny! sounds like something I would do...If it were me, he wouldn't find out - I would have it fixed and he would never know the difference, cause mine would NEVER let me live it down!!!!!!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Sassycutter » October 1st, 2011, 8:05 am

I think get it fixed while you are on vacation. You certainly don't want to stress or worry him about it when you are supposed to be relaxing on vacation. You are just thinking of him....right??? :ROFLMBO:
So much paper, so little time....
Sassycutter

Cutter: 13" Black Cat and Foilmaster

Postby Gigi » October 1st, 2011, 10:11 am

Yep - definitely would get it taken care of without saying a word!

I couldn't help but laugh - it is SO something I would do and have!! I would get it fixed as soon as possible - and as discreetly as possible. Ignorance is bliss!!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby kate3 » October 1st, 2011, 11:01 am

Mary, What he doesn't know won't hurt him but it is funny. :ROFLMBO: Mine wouldn't care but I may hear about it for a while.
I just looked at than time and it is now an hour later than it was before midnight. :shock: They have turned daylight savings on a month early. Now we have it for 6 months, when it started it was only 4 months. They may as well just leave it on.
Last edited by kate3 on October 1st, 2011, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kate3

Postby Phyllis » October 1st, 2011, 11:43 am

Mary, so funny. I guess I would just do as suggested above. Good luck.
Phyllis

Postby JeannetteC » October 1st, 2011, 12:43 pm

LOL Mary! I would probably fix it quietly too. Knowing me though, I would probably admit what I did, sooner or later!
JeannetteC

Postby Mary Kobe » October 1st, 2011, 2:37 pm

Ok...the contractor was here when I got home and I told him what happened! I told him it was all my fault and I asked where the cable was. He said it is all in pieces in the back yard! OMG!!!! I thought I could just hook it back up outside! I called the cable company earlier and set up an appointment for Wednesday and my daughter said she would be here for the cable guy.

Welllll.....I came in and fiddled with the cable and IT IS WORKING!!!! I didn't have to do anything outside! Now, I never have to tell my husband, I can cancel the cable appointment, and I can listen to tv while I am scrapping!

AND, when I told the contractor to take the cable down, my husband asked, "Are you sure?" Of course I was SURE!!! He always questions me! LOL This has really made me laugh at my stupidity!
Mary Kobe

Postby Phyllis » October 1st, 2011, 3:03 pm

How funny but what a relief. Glad all is well.
Phyllis

Postby Sassycutter » October 1st, 2011, 3:14 pm

Whewwwwww!!!! You squeaked by on that one!!! :ROFLMBO:
So much paper, so little time....
Sassycutter

Cutter: 13" Black Cat and Foilmaster

Postby Gigi » October 1st, 2011, 3:31 pm

Oh what a riot!!! You didn't give yourself enough credit!!! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

So glad everything is working. Way to go , Mary!! :D

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Mary Kobe » October 1st, 2011, 5:19 pm

WELLLLLLL My dh called and said the tv in the family room was not working before he left for work today! LOL and this is HIS tv! I have been on the phone with cable trying to reboot the box, but it will not work. We have to wait until Wednesday for them to come out and fix it. All the other tv's are working!

I can honestly say this is not my fault! LOL
Mary Kobe

Postby Gigi » October 1st, 2011, 6:49 pm

Oh Mary...... I have to reboot my box at least a couple times a month and one thing I have found is that I need to wait 15-20 minutes before I turn the TV back on for it to work. Did you try that? Just a thought as I went through that exercise so many times before one repair tech said you need to wait..... and that made a difference.

Good luck - hope you can get it up and running before Wednesday! This is really getting comical - I know it isn't for you, but this is so NOT your fault! Good luck!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby LisaH » October 1st, 2011, 8:16 pm

God is smiling down on you! ;) (but the devil is giggling) :shock:
LisaH

Postby kate3 » October 1st, 2011, 8:51 pm

But Mary? How do you know it wasn't just that cable connected to Hubby's TV? 8-) :ROFLMBO: That would be my luck and when the cable company ask about the cable you say. What cable? Have big eyes and look sincere. :shock: Or tell your daughter to because she is innocent. Don't forget to make all the little bits go away. :ROFLMBO:
kate3

Postby Mary Kobe » October 2nd, 2011, 6:26 am

I rebooted, and rebooted, and rebooted! I even left it unplugged for 2 hours! Still no luck! I know it is the box because it will say "boot", then switch to 12:00, not even trying to reboot! Ok, so my husband asked how do I know? Because it is getting a signal but the box is not reading the signal.

This has become pretty comical! If the cable store would have been open last night, I would have just taken the box in and fixed it myself.

So, if that was not enough, here is more for a laugh....we are going on vacation today...last night, we went to get the last minute things..came home, and since they have been working on our house, DH wanted to sweep the drive so I wouldn't run over nails or screws. I left the lights on in my car so we could see....10 minutes...the battery was dead! Had to go buy a battery. On the way, DH kept saying "hope it isnt' the alternator" HUNDREDS of TIMES! I knew it was only the battery and I told him to quit talking about the alternator. He said, "well, I am just thinking in advance! :banghead: :banghead:

I am not going to worry about anything for a week, we will be on vacation! (Oh, my dh worries enough..he worries about something to worry about!)
Mary Kobe

Postby kate3 » October 2nd, 2011, 8:32 am

Mary, In 30 hours my husband will be having surgery to keep him alive. Please let yours worry. It is nothing in the big picture unless you can't turn him off on holiday. Have a lovely holiday and pack ear plugs in case.
kate3

Postby PennyDuncan » October 2nd, 2011, 8:33 am

Mary Kobe wrote:Ok...the contractor was here when I got home and I told him what happened! I told him it was all my fault and I asked where the cable was. He said it is all in pieces in the back yard! OMG!!!! I thought I could just hook it back up outside! I called the cable company earlier and set up an appointment for Wednesday and my daughter said she would be here for the cable guy.

Welllll.....I came in and fiddled with the cable and IT IS WORKING!!!! I didn't have to do anything outside! Now, I never have to tell my husband, I can cancel the cable appointment, and I can listen to tv while I am scrapping!

AND, when I told the contractor to take the cable down, my husband asked, "Are you sure?" Of course I was SURE!!! He always questions me! LOL This has really made me laugh at my stupidity!

ROFL!!! This is absolutely a PRICELESS story!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Postby Gigi » October 2nd, 2011, 1:11 pm

Mary Kobe wrote:I rebooted, and rebooted, and rebooted! I even left it unplugged for 2 hours! Still no luck! I know it is the box because it will say "boot", then switch to 12:00, not even trying to reboot! Ok, so my husband asked how do I know? Because it is getting a signal but the box is not reading the signal.

This has become pretty comical! If the cable store would have been open last night, I would have just taken the box in and fixed it myself.

So, if that was not enough, here is more for a laugh....we are going on vacation today...last night, we went to get the last minute things..came home, and since they have been working on our house, DH wanted to sweep the drive so I wouldn't run over nails or screws. I left the lights on in my car so we could see....10 minutes...the battery was dead! Had to go buy a battery. On the way, DH kept saying "hope it isnt' the alternator" HUNDREDS of TIMES! I knew it was only the battery and I told him to quit talking about the alternator. He said, "well, I am just thinking in advance! :banghead: :banghead:

I am not going to worry about anything for a week, we will be on vacation! (Oh, my dh worries enough..he worries about something to worry about!)

Oh Mary - this just cracked me up!! I am glad you can go on vacation worry free- and hopefully your husband will let things go after a few days too. Have a WONDERFUL time!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MeFlick » October 3rd, 2011, 11:11 am

kate3 wrote:Mary, In 30 hours my husband will be having surgery to keep him alive. Please let yours worry. It is nothing in the big picture unless you can't turn him off on holiday. Have a lovely holiday and pack ear plugs in case.

Kate - not sure when those "30 hours" put us - especially since you are about 10-12 hours ahead of us BUT, I pray that all has or will go well with your DHs surgery and that he has an easy and uneventful recovery!

Mary - enjoy your vacation and don't worry about the cable - one way to check if it is just the box would be to take a box you know is working and "swap" it out. Maybe you could "sacrifice" the one from the craftroom and he would be appreciative! ;)
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Next

Return to Off Topic