Bluebird is a ................UPDATED with sono!!

Re: Bluebird is a ................UPDATED with sono!!

Postby JeannetteC » October 1st, 2011, 11:28 am

kate3 wrote:
LisaH wrote:Yay Christy, sooo very glad things are still progressing nicely! Summer is a beautiful name, and I wouldn't be in your shoes on the middle name for anything...good luck with that one. LOL

That is why my daughter is not named for any of my siblings. She would have 10 names. :shock: That is what I would call hyphenated. :ROFLMBO:

It made me think of my sister's kids. Her ds got Leland <dad's name> <grampa's middle name> <other grampa's middle name> last-name. It's a good mouthful! For her dd, she only got two middle names. My sister never did like her MIL! :ROFLMBO:

My dd got Louise which covered both sides being that dh's mom and my grandmother were both Louise. DS got Joseph which is my dad's middle name. We had hoped to have a third which probably would have went back to dh's dad for a name, but it wasn't in the cards. With 6 siblings + 2 in-laws, I never could have covered all if I tried to use those names. If anything, it was tricky picking first names that weren't already in the family.
JeannetteC

Postby kathybessey » October 1st, 2011, 7:01 pm

Congrats Christy!
kathybessey

Postby CaseysAngel » October 1st, 2011, 9:17 pm

Thanks Ladies

Kate they are worried about my cervix holding her in to term. I had to have a couple surgeries, inparticularly a cold Cone Knife, about 4 years ago. So they are watching very closely to make sure my cervix don't give in to early for her to be born. Everything looks great so far but they are still keeping a close eye.
CaseysAngel

Postby kate3 » October 2nd, 2011, 8:39 am

CaseysAngel wrote:Thanks Ladies

Kate they are worried about my cervix holding her in to term. I had to have a couple surgeries, inparticularly a cold Cone Knife, about 4 years ago. So they are watching very closely to make sure my cervix don't give in to early for her to be born. Everything looks great so far but they are still keeping a close eye.

Christy, I am sorry but I have a really good feeling and I will add some prayers. My SIL had to make it to 12 weeks then they wire her cervix shut until she is near due. She had her 2 sons like this. It is really good that they are being careful with extra checks with you.
kate3

Postby Gigi » October 2nd, 2011, 2:58 pm

Ummm - can I just say that we might want to remember that there are guys reading this forum and we might want to be a little aware of what information we are putting out there. Not trying to put a damper on things at all and am rooting for Bluebird aka Summer and Christy just like everyone else - just don't want to make anyone uncomfortable accidentally.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Angel135612 » October 2nd, 2011, 4:32 pm

I agree Gigi.. I wish the best for Christy and her soon to be new daughter, through her pregnancy, but I think there has been a little bit too much information shared. Some things just shouldn't be broadcast over the net... at least not in a public forum like this. There are new people here that may not be comfortable with the specific details that have been shared publicly here... I know I would be very uncomfortable if I were new to a forum and started reading this kind of information on a crafting forum.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby MeFlick » October 3rd, 2011, 11:38 am

Christy - I'm glad that everything is going great with you and Bluebird and that they were able to tell you that She is is She. Tell your sisters that you have named the other children and it's your hubby's turn! OR, tell them that whoever she is named after has to pay for her college education! I'm sure they really just want you to have a healthy, happy pregnancy.

CaGiGi and Angel - I have reviewed more than once what has been "shared" and I am not sure where you think there has been "too much information" shared nor do I see any great "details" that I think should make anyone uncomfortable, man or woman. Most men today (and for more than 25 years now I know have been going with their wives to their OB Doctor appointments and have been in the delivery room so I think they know a lot about the female anatomy and the terms used. I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder since you see it otherwise however. But what Christy chooses to share is for Christy to decide what she is comfortable with. Yes, this is a "crafting forum" but it is also in the "off topic" portion of the forum and I don't see where any true "gorry in-depth details" were shared. I think the world of you both and would not mean to offend you, just as I know you would not mean to hurt Christy's feelings, but since I saw nothing wrong with what was posted, I wanted to ask what you did so I could better understand your concerns. Thanks.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby corwins » October 3rd, 2011, 11:48 am

Christy is excited to share her details with us because she has had problems in the past. She is fortunate to have this pregnancy go well and we all wish her and baby Summer all the best. I agree that I don't find anything offensive to anyone on this forum but if people don't wish to read it, they can skip the thread.
Can't wait to see pics when she is born!
Sheri
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt by the heart. Helen Keller

http://www.mycardspot.blogspot.com
corwins

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar 13"

Postby beanie21787 » October 3rd, 2011, 12:01 pm

I have to agree I think it is an exciting and amazing journey and I see nothing wrong with what was posted. I also don't see where anything was gorry or "to much detail" most men or younger kids don't even read this sort of thing.....
beanie21787

Cutter: lynx 12

Postby minorcustomcrafts » October 3rd, 2011, 12:22 pm

You can give her 2 middle names. When my older sister was born they thought it was a boy and they were going to name him after my dad. By the time they had their boy, 10 yrs later & 4th child, they decided to not have him a junior. They still wanted him to have my dads name, so they named him, Matthew Aaron Edward (last name) no hyphen or anything.
minorcustomcrafts

Postby CaseysAngel » October 3rd, 2011, 6:20 pm

Yikes. I certainly didn't mean to affend anyone or "share to much" here. I was asked to keep many updated and thought this would be the easiest way. I didn't think I was posting to much info but I will post no more updates here . My apologies to all who felt offended!!!!!!
CaseysAngel

Postby Dana » October 3rd, 2011, 6:38 pm

I don't see anything wrong with Christy sharing her news... that is what the Off Topic forum is for and she clearly stated in the thread title what the subject matter was.

Congrats Christy! I knew it was a girl!!!!
Dana

Cutter: Lynx "Nikita"

Postby rachellann » October 3rd, 2011, 6:38 pm

Christy What you have posted is fine and this is in the off topic section and and we often share things here, please keep us posted here christy if they wish not to read your post about the update of the baby and you ,then they can skip over it no one is telling them they have to read , Sorry but you were asked and yes the procedure you had in informational to the life of your new baby in getting her here.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby Suzan » October 3rd, 2011, 8:11 pm

I agree with Rachellann Christy, this chat is no worse than any of the off color or semi naughty jokes told here. That is what this community is about, family talking to each other sharing and caring. And also one other note. Ladies please if you have a problem with a post please pm the person so no one gets embarassed. That is only common courtesy, and I know I put both feet in my mouth all the time.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby LisaH » October 3rd, 2011, 8:37 pm

I personally have not been offended Christy. Please continue to keep us updated.

There are feminine products on tv every 10 minutes, Smiling Bob every 5 and sexual innuendoes or actual sex on tv shows on a daily basis. So I feel what has been said here is mild in comparison. Yet again, this is just my opinion.
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Retta » October 3rd, 2011, 9:23 pm

I personally appreciate the updates with any thing christy honors me with to share. All the better to pray for her and bluebird and the concerns there are.
I hope whether new to the board or been here awhile, that being this close does lead to sharing. If that is stopped this becomes a place where nobody is close and it is not honest. If there is something I don't care for, I don't continue to read. I also try to accept we are all individuals.
Just my two cents for what it is worth.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Suzan » October 3rd, 2011, 9:52 pm

LisaH wrote:I personally have not been offended Christy. Please continue to keep us updated.

There are feminine products on tv every 10 minutes, Smiling Bob every 5 and sexual innuendoes or actual sex on tv shows on a daily basis. So I feel what has been said here is mild in comparison. Yet again, this is just my opinion.

And you are so right Lisa, Nothing like watching a car race and have to see those wonderful commercials. LOL
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » October 3rd, 2011, 11:07 pm

Wow - can we all just take a breath here? I am stunned about how this has gotten blown out of proportion. I never ever suggested that Christy not post updates in fact I have repeatedly wished her the best. This was never meant to stifle any good news about Christy and the baby and I am not sure how it blew up into that.

I thought I was being polite and sensitive. You can say that "people can just avoid the topic", but most want to read the updates, and I include myself in that group. Just not sure the intimate details need to be discussed, given that we don't know all who is reading this. I was trying to be sensitive to everyone but apparently I failed.

I have never criticized anyone but I certainly feel criticized by some. Can you go back and read what my initial post said? It was light and I thought quite carefully written. I didn't just throw it out there - I really thought about it before I posted it. I would think, knowing what I have posted in the past and how supportive I have been of everyone, that some of you would have seen that no ill will was meant. I am sorry.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Thyme » October 4th, 2011, 1:49 am

Hey everyone, lets remember we all love each other!!!
Group hug please?
Thyme

Postby Dana » October 4th, 2011, 5:59 am

Hugs!
Dana

Cutter: Lynx "Nikita"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic