Bluebird is a ................UPDATED with sono!!

Re: Bluebird is a ................UPDATED with sono!!

Postby corwins » October 4th, 2011, 6:14 am

It's a new day! Have a great one.
Hugs, Hugs, Hugs all around.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt by the heart. Helen Keller

http://www.mycardspot.blogspot.com
corwins

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar 13"

Postby LisaH » October 4th, 2011, 7:50 am

:grouphug:
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby kate3 » October 4th, 2011, 8:48 am

CaseysAngel wrote:Yikes. I certainly didn't mean to affend anyone or "share to much" here. I was asked to keep many updated and thought this would be the easiest way. I didn't think I was posting to much info but I will post no more updates here . My apologies to all who felt offended!!!!!!

I am sorry Christy for being snoopy. I was just a bit worried and now I am not going to ask what a cold cone thingy is either. I will Google it. I never meant to upset anyone and I am sorry If I have. :grouphug:
It is kind of like we are all having the baby with you. Poor Summer with all of us Aunt's. She will be cutting with a cougar before her first birthday.
kate3

Postby Suzan » October 4th, 2011, 9:11 am

Big Super Hugs. I don't think any one is attacking just pointing out. It is often very often hard to read emotions in a post. I know for a fact I can type something meaning one thing, but when I even read it later it takes on a whole new meaning.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Phyllis » October 4th, 2011, 12:22 pm

Thyme wrote:Hey everyone, lets remember we all love each other!!!
Group hug please?

What Dawn said, hugs hugs hugs.

Christy, please don't refrain from giving us updates on little Bluebird. I was not offended and I'm sure no one meant any harm, they all love you. HUGS sweetie.
Phyllis

Postby MeFlick » October 4th, 2011, 12:50 pm

CAGigi wrote:Wow - can we all just take a breath here? I am stunned about how this has gotten blown out of proportion. I never ever suggested that Christy not post updates in fact I have repeatedly wished her the best. This was never meant to stifle any good news about Christy and the baby and I am not sure how it blew up into that.

I thought I was being polite and sensitive. You can say that "people can just avoid the topic", but most want to read the updates, and I include myself in that group. Just not sure the intimate details need to be discussed, given that we don't know all who is reading this. I was trying to be sensitive to everyone but apparently I failed.

I have never criticized anyone but I certainly feel criticized by some. Can you go back and read what my initial post said? It was light and I thought quite carefully written. I didn't just throw it out there - I really thought about it before I posted it. I would think, knowing what I have posted in the past and how supportive I have been of everyone, that some of you would have seen that no ill will was meant. I am sorry.

GiGi - First, I don't think anyone thought that you meant any ill will with your post. Nor do I believe Angel did with her's immediately following yours. I know you thought about what you posted, I too thought about my reply and how best to word it so as not to hurt yours or Angel's feelings. (I hope I succeeded!) Just as I am thinking now as to how best to reply! I actually reread the entire thread a number of times trying to find what you found objectionable and to try and see why some would when I didn't. I appreciated both of your concerns and because I did, I wanted to better understand exactly what you felt was shared that shouldn't have been which is why I asked - so we could all understand each side. I assumed that it was her use of the word "cervix" in her description. At least, that was the only thing that I thought someone might think was sharing "too much information" especially in light of "mixed company". I wondered if it was a generational issue, but I have no idea how old you are Angel are. I am not offended when people refer to body parts by their correct anatomical name within the context of something like this. It is after all, simply a body part and feel that such discussions can help educate others. I also see no reason to not to discuss such things in "mixed company". It appears that you and Angel do and I can appreciate that - doesn't mean that I agree with it but I do appreciate it and would like to respect that however, in order to respect that, we need to know what it actually is that you object to.

When I had my children (soon to be 16 and 15) my DD was 13 months old when I had my son. She was often around when I changed his diaper and would try to figure out why his "anatomy" was different from hers. I always gave her the correct "anatomical" term for ALL the body parts. Once when my MIL was there and we were changing DS's diaper, my daughter pointed out that part and called it by the correct medical term. My MIL was a little taken back but I told her I would rather hear it called by its correct anatomical term then by a silly nickname! Body parts are just that "body parts". I don't think the terms used for them should be hidden and deemed to be "dirty" words. That doesn't mean that I use them in everyday conversations with strangers however! I try to be sensitive to the situation and group I am in. My children have also been taught that there are correct times and places to use such terms and that they can be used in negative ways!

There are often things shared here that someone else may "object" to - )and I hope that we are all "sensitive" to that) but because of that we cannot censor the boards for everyone or, in the end, we would end up with nothing being shared. Sometimes "racy cards" may be shared, prayer requests made, "crude comments" or jokes made, etc. where do we draw the line on deciding what can and cannot be shared? There is someone who might object to any and all of the above. That is why I said that in the end, it is up to the poster to decide what they are comfortable with sharing. The reader then has to understand that it is not necessarily for the reader to object to, but to decide they wish to look no further.

However, I will also say that by asking what you found objectionable, I was truly hoping to find out so that we could all use that in our "filters" that we use to decide what information we will post. I don't believe that anyone here would want to intentionally post something that they knew would cause discomfort for someone else. We have become a "family" - even me who actually tends to share very little of my personal life and information - it was a huge step for me to ask a group of really unknown people for prayers this summer when I was going to have my surgery but I felt "led" to ask and believe my surgery was blessed for it. Did I worry that I was sharing too much? That someone might object to a prayer request? Yes, actually I did.

I hope that you and Angel will still share what you found objectionable so that we can all have a better understanding. It is only when we learn such things from each other that we can continue to "grow" ourselves.

Sorry for the length and the ramblings. Now Group Hugs to everyone!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Angel135612 » October 5th, 2011, 8:34 am

MeFlick wrote: Body parts are just that "body parts". I don't think the terms used for them should be hidden and deemed to be "dirty" words. That doesn't mean that I use them in everyday conversations with strangers however! I try to be sensitive to the situation and group I am in.

That is MY POINT exacty.... While a SMALL number of people on this forum may feel like they are family, there are nearly 600 members here... Most of them ARE STRANGERS. This isn't a group of friends sitting around a kitchen table chatting... it is a PUBLIC forum where ANY ONE can read what is posted.

While someone's husband may be in the exam room, or even the delivery room now days,... MY husband will NOT be in YOUR exam room or delivery room, nor does he want to be. Some things just shouldn't be shared publicly... no matter how "close" you may feel to a small group of people with in a larger group. There are ways to have shared information with out going into intimate detail, and if someone wanted more details, that could have, and should have been done through PM's. But that is just my opinion.

If I wouldn't tell a stranger something, then I don't post it on a public forum like this.. no matter how close I may feel to the members of the group. I would do that through emails, or PMs to individuals.. not a large group where I don't know 98% of the people.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby rachellann » October 5th, 2011, 11:53 am

Angel you may have been missinformed this is a form that is open to the public but it is open to those they have allowed to view the forum if you do not belong to the forum then you can't read what is here and this is the off topic section and we are allowed to post about our personal life here lord knows there is nothing that was said here deemed innappropreiate by any means and there have been some post on this forum which have been off colored and not once were they treated like christy was made to feel here all she has done was informed us to the basic proceedure that was done and not in graphic details as to why she has been so worried about the baby, yes there are over 600 members and they have been invited to join they read what they want and skip over the rest, I am going to sugest that if anyone reads something they do not deem right then pm Sheri , Dawn, and or the person who made the post, I will not delete this post and Christy does not need to either. and I will let Dawn ansd Sheri know if I see anything wrong with any and all posts here as a moderator I do read all posts my not repond to all but read all.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby Thyme » October 5th, 2011, 12:41 pm

I have spoken to Sherri and she is under the weather so I will deal with this.
I agree that nobody has to read off topic posts, however we have members with a wide range of backgrounds and a wide range of ages, and until the post is read how is any member to know exactly how implicit the subject matter may be.
I myself have spent a 6 years in art colleges, and heavens knows there is not much that is not talked or done in those institutions. But even so I do think that the discussion has been too frank, as it also has been in the past. Nothing has been said before because it did not provoke the beginning of a forum war.
I will not permit this forum to descend into two or more factions with infighting between the two of them.
Rachellann, you know how deeply I care about Christy and have no desire to see her upset for any reason, but this cannot continue. Therefore it stops now, neither Sherri nor I wish this forum to go the way of others, please respect our wishes both on this thread and on any future ones.
Now I am going back to my hideyhole and you can all yell about me cos I can take it.
Thyme

Postby Suzan » October 5th, 2011, 12:46 pm

Thank you so much Dawn for addressing this with so much dignity. And I am joining you in your hideyhole, cuz I just wanna leave work.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Thyme » October 5th, 2011, 12:54 pm

Come and join me anytime Suzan!
Thyme

Postby Suzan » October 5th, 2011, 12:56 pm

If I had a nickel and a plane ticket I would in a heartbeat.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby kathybessey » October 16th, 2011, 4:03 pm

Suzan wrote:If I had a nickel and a plane ticket I would in a heartbeat.

Better take me with you Sis!
kathybessey

Postby Suzan » October 16th, 2011, 7:20 pm

So that would be 2 nickels and 2 plane tickets
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Gigi » October 16th, 2011, 7:33 pm

Cute Suzan!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby kathybessey » October 16th, 2011, 7:53 pm

Suzan wrote:So that would be 2 nickels and 2 plane tickets

:ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: Yep that would be it! Oh my gosh that is the best laugh of the day!
kathybessey

Postby kate3 » October 17th, 2011, 2:02 am

I just realised that I apologised to Christy but I did not apologise to Gigi and Angel. You are both special and I am truly sorry for writing anything that upset you. I will not do it again. And yes, due to my upbringing there are certain parts of the body I still can't say out loud. So I don't want to read them either. I was taught the human body is dirty and I was determined to change that for my child. She can turn me bright red with just a word but I taught her the right words so I have to wear it. Sometimes I wish I was raised like she was but I wasn't. So I do understand your posts. :bighug:

Christy, We still expect updates on how you and Bluebird are doing.
kate3

Postby kim » October 20th, 2011, 11:11 pm

Just checking in to see how BlueBird is doing. Still praying that all stays well. And, girl, I SO know your excitement in wanting to share the details....when you have a difficult time in previous pregnancies, this one seems like a miracle and each little thing is a big deal.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby CeCeCreates » October 21st, 2011, 9:54 am

Yes, please continue to update us!!!!!
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby Phyllis » October 21st, 2011, 12:35 pm

Ditto, what Kim said. Love ya.
Phyllis

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic