Need a Prayer

Need a Prayer

Postby scrappinwithz » September 19th, 2011, 9:09 pm

Ok here's the deal. I've really been wanting to go on a Mission trip to Hondurus the last 2 years but just haven't got to go. The cost is over $1400 and that's just a partial cost. There are 3 mission trips coming up this next year that I might possibly get to go to one of them if it works out with Greg's job.

Here's what I need prayers for. I've been making cards, ect for different things. There is a store that I have talked to about selling them. I'm going to take them up to her and see if she is interested. Just not sure if they are good enough. I'm going to call the selling of these cards, ect. The Mission Project and all money from sells will go into a fund for the mission trip. If you would please say a prayer that she will be interested in these cards and that people will want to buy them. I'm also torn about where to go. I'm really wanting to go to Hondurus to the Faith Home which is a General Baptist Orphanage that we sponsor, but my daughter in law is from the Phillipines and there is a need there too. I'm torn about what to do. If the cards and things would sell real well then I could possibly go to both places.

When they were talking about Hondurus yesterday at church and showing the slides from the trip they just got back from it was like a slap up the side of the head about The Mission Project so I'm pretty sure this is what I'm suppose to do. I'm jsut not sure if I'm suppose to go or if i'm just suppose to raise the money for Missions. That is what I need prayers for.

Sorry this is like a book, but I knew that everyone here would understand and prayers would be said.
Thanks,
Z
Cutting with a 24" Black Cat Cougar "Betty"
Check out my blog http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com
scrappinwithz

Re: Need a Prayer

Postby CeCeCreates » September 19th, 2011, 9:37 pm

Will definitely add this request of yours to my prayers. Truly hoping that you are clearly shown what God wants you to do.
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby kate3 » September 19th, 2011, 9:49 pm

Adding this to my prayers. You know you don't have to just take your cards to one kind of store. My GF is a beautician and she has a shelf full of home made ones she sells for someone. It often reminds me if I need a card and find them in unusual places.
kate3

Postby scrappinwithz » September 19th, 2011, 9:58 pm

kate thanks for the idea. I also have a friend that has a beauty shop. I may be speaking to her about this too. I'm just going to keep praying about it and see what happens.
Z
scrappinwithz

Postby kate3 » September 19th, 2011, 10:07 pm

Z, You are welcome and I wouldn't have thought of those places if I hadn't seen them. She sells them for $5.00 each and they sell well. You can buy commercial cards anywhere for $1.00 but there is something special when it has been made that people don't mind paying for.
You will know what you are meant to do. He always finds a way to lead us when we ask.
kate3

Postby Retta » September 19th, 2011, 10:17 pm

Praying for answers and wisdom and funds!!!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby scrappinwithz » September 19th, 2011, 10:23 pm

Thank you Retta.
Z
scrappinwithz

Postby Suzan » September 19th, 2011, 11:26 pm

That is so awesome Z will definatly pray for guidance and that God will be with you every step of the way
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » September 20th, 2011, 2:26 am

What a wonderful desire, Z. I will be praying that you get the funds you need and the guidance to know where to go.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby LisaH » September 20th, 2011, 6:35 am

Z, will be praying that God sends you the guidance you seek and the funds to accomplish what he wants you to do.
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Mary Kobe » September 20th, 2011, 7:35 am

Z, will be praying that you receive the funds needed for your mission.

Another couple of ideas: could you sell your cards through a fund-raiser at your church or other churches in your community? Put a news item in your local paper to let EVERYONE know that you are raising money for this project.
Mary Kobe

Postby JeannetteC » September 20th, 2011, 7:42 am

Z, I'll definitely keep these goals in my prayers. It would be such a wonderful thing to do.
JeannetteC

Postby Phyllis » September 20th, 2011, 10:51 am

Z, what a wonderful mission this is. My prayers that God will lead you in the direction he wants you to go.
Phyllis

Postby meme » September 21st, 2011, 1:05 am

Z, are you kidding me? Your cards will sell; your talented as all get up! So be confident; say to yourself, they will sell! Put up some flyers or business cards out with your info and make sure they know that you can make special order cards that are their design or design ideas and charge more for them. I have a Cougar; I buy cards from someone else that makes cards. I need to learn the cardmaking stuff but don't have alot of those kind of supplies yet. I stalk yard sales and am waiting to find some stuff cheap to start with; until I get good at it. Make a QR Code sign or something an ask if you can put it on a main street that has lots of traffic. I live on the highway in my small town and would let someone do that in my yard. Sorry, that I made this so long but excited for you and will be praying you get the money. It just might take alittle advertising and some CONFIDENCE!
meme

Postby LisaH » September 21st, 2011, 8:42 am

well said meme!!!
LisaH

Postby Thyme » September 21st, 2011, 11:37 am

of course your cards will sell!!
Hope you raise enough for your trip
Thyme

Postby CaseysAngel » September 21st, 2011, 12:50 pm

They will sell sweety. Remember Z, if God is telling you this is what he wants you to do then honey he will provide the means for you to do it. Have faith honey and he will get you where he wants you angel.
CaseysAngel

Postby Retta » September 21st, 2011, 3:17 pm

Amen Christy!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby PennyDuncan » September 21st, 2011, 6:06 pm

Will definately put you in my prayers Z.......I have not doubt your cards will sell.....and while you're praying be in action!!!!! That allows the Lord to move things along alot faster!!! ;) I'm excited for you for the possibilites!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Postby scrappinwithz » September 21st, 2011, 8:32 pm

Awww thanks everyone!! I'm glad you think my cards are good enough to sell. I'm not sure what to think right now. Ever since I made this decision I have been so busy I don't know if I have time to turn around. I've worked every day at school, but any extra money I get from there will go to paying off a couple of bills. Maybe this is God's way of telling me to take care of those private personal loans first and then work on His mission. I will work on cards on the weekends though and already have several made up. Just have to get out right now. Thank you all for your prayers.
Z
scrappinwithz

Return to Off Topic