It's almost time!!! I get to go to the drive-in tonight!!!!!

It's almost time!!! I get to go to the drive-in tonight!!!!!

Postby CaseysAngel » September 17th, 2011, 11:44 am

I"ve been waiting FOREVER to go see the smurfts at the drive in and tonight is the night. Hubby is outside cleaning my truck getting it ready and we are all so excited (well except maybe Casey but he's pretending well lol).

I am not one to go to the movies. Personally I think it's to expensive and I don't like being crammed next to people I don't know. The drive in is GREAT Though. It's only $5 an adult (kid's are free) and you get TWO movies. Tonight is smurfs and then Captain America. The food is no higher than fast food restraurants and neither is the drinks and snacks. Besides if you want you can bring all your own food , snacks, drinks, etc and it's just the $5 bucks for each adult!!!!!!! You can sit in your car, lay on a blanket, or whatever makes you comfy. I just love the old time feel of it and the price you can't beat for a great night with the family.

So excited I tell ya. I'll bring ya'll back some pictures. :D
CaseysAngel

Re: It's almost time!!! I get to go to the drive-in tonight!

Postby Thyme » September 17th, 2011, 12:00 pm

have fun!
Thyme

Postby Suzan » September 17th, 2011, 12:23 pm

I remember going to the drive we would all pile in a truck and take all sorts of stuff and sit in the back and watch really stupid movies, but for us it was more like tail gating parties than watch a b flick horror movie. Then they tore it down. It was sad. Hope you have a ton of fun.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Phyllis » September 17th, 2011, 12:25 pm

Christy, that sound like fun. I miss the drive in theaters, I don't think there are any around here anymore.
Phyllis

Postby Mary Kobe » September 17th, 2011, 12:38 pm

Oh, man, does that bring back memories! When I was in high school, we would get a bunch together and go! I remember one time that I went with a group from our church. We stayed for all the movies and then they played the first one over again, and we stayed for that. Well, needless to say, I did not get home until 5:00 a.m. and my mom was roaring mad at me! She grounded me from the drive-in forever!

Have a good time!
Mary Kobe

Postby Gigi » September 17th, 2011, 1:39 pm

We don't have drive-ins here anymore either. It was a fun way to see a movie with the family or..... :roll: :lol:
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Elizabeth » September 17th, 2011, 8:47 pm

Hope you're all having fun, Christy!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Phyllis » September 17th, 2011, 8:56 pm

CAGigi wrote:We don't have drive-ins here anymore either. It was a fun way to see a movie with the family or..... :roll: :lol:

LOL at the or....
Phyllis

Postby CaseysAngel » September 18th, 2011, 9:26 pm

Hi guys,

We did have a great time. I didn't get very good pictures at all though. They are all just black that I tried to take of the movies.LOL

Here are a few I got before it got to dark and the movies started. The twins started out in lawn chairs but they ended up watching the second movie in the truck cause they were cold.LOL
Capture4.JPG
Capture5.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CaseysAngel

Postby kate3 » September 18th, 2011, 11:10 pm

I love the drive in. My teenage years were spent between the drive in and the local dance on Saturday nights. I remember when I was small Sydney got the Chullora twin drive in, that was so exciting! If you didn't like the film you were watching you could turn around and watch the other screen. Well I could because I was taught to lip read and sign with 2 deaf relatives. The first film I saw there was the original Parent Trap when it was released. Sadly they are almost all gone now but when I visit my sister in Victoria she has one 20 minutes from her home at Dromana and I am there.
kate3

Postby LisaH » September 19th, 2011, 9:33 am

I used to love the drive in but we only have 1 anywhere near us now and it's about an hour away... :cry: and it's closed until the end of next year for updates/repairs... :roll:
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby meme » September 19th, 2011, 4:30 pm

Glad you had a good time! Brought back alot of memories here too; I don't know if there is still one around or not. Might have to check into that; could be fun to do sometime but my body seems to like the couch. So, I usually watch whatevers on TV; I am a pretty boring person. But I LOVE my couch!!!!
meme

Postby rachellann » September 19th, 2011, 4:44 pm

happy you all had a great time. I really miss the days of having a drive in theater.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby CeCeCreates » September 19th, 2011, 9:44 pm

We still have 2 drive ins around here, but they cost as much as going to a regular movie - dumb. :banghead: You do get 2 movies though. Actually, I think you get 3, if you can stay awake for all 3! My dd tried to go once with her bf this summer, and it was sold out, so still a popular thing I think. I always liked going to drive in movies as a kid. Lovely memories.
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby kate3 » September 19th, 2011, 9:59 pm

CeCeCreates wrote:We still have 2 drive ins around here, but they cost as much as going to a regular movie - dumb. :banghead: You do get 2 movies though. Actually, I think you get 3, if you can stay awake for all 3! My dd tried to go once with her bf this summer, and it was sold out, so still a popular thing I think. I always liked going to drive in movies as a kid. Lovely memories.

The one near my sister only costs $10.00 for a family. You buy their sticker for $2.00 the first time you go and $10.00 is the most you ever pay. It is non profit and just for the fun of remembering the Drive in. The trick I found as a kid was staying awake to see both movies.

If I want to go to the normal movie theatre here. The last time I went cost me $86.00 for 2 tickets. I booked them online and printed my tickets. They charged an extra $10.00 for doing it myself than they would have if I had gone in and got the person there there to take my credit card and print my tickets. It is cheaper if I make them work??? I am still trying to work out why Christy wanted to see the Smurf's. :ROFLMBO:
kate3

Postby CaseysAngel » September 19th, 2011, 10:53 pm

Because Christy LOVES The smurfs. They are one of the FEW cartoons I don't flinch when my kid's are watching. They don't call people stupid, or idiot, or make hateful comments. I LOVE The smurfs.LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby kate3 » September 20th, 2011, 9:42 am

CaseysAngel wrote:Because Christy LOVES The smurfs. They are one of the FEW cartoons I don't flinch when my kid's are watching. They don't call people stupid, or idiot, or make hateful comments. I LOVE The smurfs.LOL

You are right. They were always polite and my daughter loved them.
kate3

Postby CaseysAngel » September 20th, 2011, 2:38 pm

They are still on here. not often but Saturday mornings on BOOM! After them is the snorks. I know they are old cartoons, watched them when I was little, but they are GOOD ones in my opinion.LOL
CaseysAngel

Return to Off Topic