remember my awful day???? welll...

Re: remember my awful day???? welll...

Postby JeannetteC » September 15th, 2011, 3:47 pm

That's sound like it went great Mary! I'm really happy for you.
JeannetteC

Postby Retta » September 15th, 2011, 5:35 pm

Mary, you did get justice in this. When people act like this, no one really wins. It is so hard on everyone. Great job on your Dean's part!!

Kathie I hope Aiden gets well soon!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Elizabeth » September 15th, 2011, 6:34 pm

Mary, I'm so happy that your ordeal is over. I hope that you get to relax tonight, and have a good night's sleep, now that you don't have this issue to worry about.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Phyllis » September 15th, 2011, 6:59 pm

Mary, I'm so glad this is all over with and you can relax and start doing the things you enjoy. Believe me, I know how office politics are, have put up with that my whole career. Now I'm enjoying my retirement and so glad that's behind me, now the only one I have to fuss with is DH and he's easy to get along with LOL.
Phyllis

Postby PennyDuncan » September 15th, 2011, 8:18 pm

Mary Kobe wrote:WELL....I SURVIVED!! After two, long hours, I am back at my desk. I went in with a positive attitude and a smile! Oh, yes, they started to come down on me, but my dean interrupted very quickly, and the tables turned! It was admitted in the meeting that the "pot stirrer", the one that was my friend but not a true friend, had submitted incorrect information to her dean! Ah, go figure!

I can't say that anyone won or lost, but we came to agreements.

Thank you all for your support! I could not wait to get back to my desk to report back to you! And to let you all know that I was not in tears!

I love you all!

That is WONDERFUL!!! I have SO much respect for your Dean!!! That is awesome!!!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby kate3 » September 15th, 2011, 8:48 pm

Oh yes, you won, the never was friend was fibbing. You won in a better way than you think because her stomach must be churning now. It is ones like her who can never let it go and keep thinking about it. She is thinking I lost when she should be thinking why did I lie and be mean? Stay away from her because people like her rarely change, just feel sad for her for one minute only and you can work in peace. :D
You do have a good Dean but you were also in the right. I know my husband will go to the wall for any of his staff that are in the right. One of his men had to have surgery to fix a detached retina this week, he is 83 but you wouldn't know it. They are working with a Chinese company so this man was loaned out to the Chinese. They told my husband to let this man know he wasn't to come back to work because of his age. You can't do that here. My husband tried nice, then he tried reasonable. Then he told them how many millions it will cost them for wrongful dismissal in Australia. That worked. :ROFLMBO: If you are capable of working to any age here you cannot be told to stop. This man runs rings around men half his age and he knows things most never will know about his job. My husband loaned them his best and he was not going to be told to email him and tell him that.
Go Mary!
kate3

Postby MeFlick » September 15th, 2011, 9:18 pm

MAry, somewhere I missed some of the drama for you but I'm glad it appears that it all worked out for you today. Its great you now have a boss who will stand up for you. Hope you have a great weekend to fully release the stress you have had!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Angel135612 » September 15th, 2011, 9:54 pm

Mary, I'm so happy that your UNfriend was found to have lied. I hope that the "other" dean, thinks twice about anything that UNfriend tells her in the future. Not only did your UNfriend lie, but she made her boss, the "other" dean, look bad. I wouldn't tolerate that from an employee and I wouldn't believe anything that employee told me in the future, until she has proven herself to be trustworthy again, and that would take a very long time.

Hopefully you can put this all behind you now, and just do your job and enjoy your work.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby LisaH » September 16th, 2011, 7:43 pm

Yay Mary! Love you too.
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Previous

Return to Off Topic