Opinions please!!!!!

Opinions please!!!!!

Postby CaseysAngel » September 4th, 2011, 7:29 pm

I am so not having fun. Tomorrow I have to attend a somewhat formal event for hubby's boss. Up until now I have avoided the Christmas parties and dinners like the plague since they started having them at the mansion. I am a country girl and formal events make me VERY uncomfortable. However, Under the circumstances (his bosses father passed away) I was not about to say no.

So I've spend all day shopping for a dress. Now you would think this would be fun but try being almost 4 months pregnant, look like your 6 months and try to find a short tea length dress. It was NOT fun. So this is what I finally settled on. I bought a shaw to go over it but Casey is totally against it as is everyone else (but me lol).

PLEASE tell me what you think honestly. I know I probably look like the good year blimp but trust me when I tell you these dresses are made to FIT and it wasn't easy finding one that was halfway "lose fitting" in a day.

(Don't look at my hair. I tried to cut it out with my face as I look horrible after trying on a zillion dresses). :hide:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CaseysAngel

Re: Opinions please!!!!!

Postby whizzy » September 4th, 2011, 7:37 pm

Looks perfect but I would have loved to have seen all of you :)
www.scrapsofstuff.com
Mac OS X 10.9, Windows 7
Inkscape, Signcut Pro (with dongle) & Scal3 ļ£æ tiny bites! )
whizzy

Cutter: 18" Cougar

Postby CaseysAngel » September 4th, 2011, 7:42 pm

whizzy wrote:Looks perfect but I would have loved to have seen all of you :)

oh my not today you wouldn't have. My hair is a mess and i have like no make up left on.LOL Maybe tomorrow I"ll have the kid's take a picture or something before we leave.
CaseysAngel

Postby Retta » September 4th, 2011, 7:46 pm

Honey you look lovely. Finding the right dress and being pregnant is a hard job! If your husband doesn't like it - is he willing to shop with you until you find one?? I know the answer to that one. And with a shall, that should work nicely.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby rachellann » September 4th, 2011, 7:49 pm

looks great
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby Elizabeth » September 4th, 2011, 7:50 pm

You look great! I really like that halter neckline.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby CaseysAngel » September 4th, 2011, 8:00 pm

Thanks guys. I really appreciate.

Retta, he LOVES the dress he doesn't like the shaw with it and neither did my sisters or mom but I feel very uncomfortable without. It hides my stomach and upper part just a bit though which is what I am not to comfortable showing so form fitting at the moment.LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby LisaH » September 4th, 2011, 8:06 pm

I think it looks fantastic, and without the shawl! If the shawl makes you more comfortable, then use it but not over your shoulders. Put it behind your back then around the tops of your arms...you will be absolutely gorgeous and once you see yourself the way we do, you will have the confidence to back it up!! You look stunning honey!!!!!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby kate3 » September 4th, 2011, 8:12 pm

It is very nice. If you look 6 months pregnant at 4 months. Then I used to look 9 months pregnant at 4 months.
I have to host events and go to them for my husband. I am just like you and I don't want to do it. I just feel all wrong. I used to set up these things with plenty of alcohol and hide most of the night because I felt so awkward. At the end of the night I felt like I had run an emotional marathon.
I tried telling myself no one was looking at me or judging me but some were because of who I was married to. Now I just do not care even if they are still judging, my husband thinks I am perfect. He always has and that is all that matters. I do still try to get out of everyone I can.
You have an advantage with this one. Everyone loves to talk about a baby bump it just makes everyone nice. So relax.
kate3

Postby kate3 » September 4th, 2011, 8:24 pm

Lisa is right. I have wide long rectangle shawls we call pashmina's in every colour possible to match anything I should want to wear. You picked black and that is easy. I put them across my back around the tops of my arms then take them back under to the back and tie it. In black it looks like a part of the dress and I felt a little more covered. It is fashionable now to show the bump.
kate3

Postby Suzan » September 4th, 2011, 9:20 pm

Really looks great Christy
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Sassycutter » September 4th, 2011, 9:37 pm

Christy,
You look fabulous, dahling!!! Honey, I've got lumps and bumps that big or bigger and believe me....I'm not pregnant :ROFLMBO:
So much paper, so little time....
Sassycutter

Cutter: 13" Black Cat and Foilmaster

Postby CaseysAngel » September 4th, 2011, 9:41 pm

you guys are so funny!!!!!!!

Thanks for your help. I feel better now anyway. I"ll sure be glad when it's over with though!!!!
CaseysAngel

Postby kathybessey » September 4th, 2011, 9:48 pm

I think it looks fantastic Christy! Smile and just imagine all those folks in their underwear and you will have a great time :)
kathybessey

Postby CaseysAngel » September 4th, 2011, 9:49 pm

kathybessey wrote:I think it looks fantastic Christy! Smile and just imagine all those folks in their underwear and you will have a great time :)

OMG to funny!!!!!!!!! LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby kathybessey » September 4th, 2011, 9:53 pm

:ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
kathybessey

Postby Gigi » September 4th, 2011, 10:11 pm

Great one Kathy!! We can always count on you!!!

You look great, Christy. And I agree with the shawl. It's very fashionable to wear it pulled back like that and you will look super and feel comfortable too.

And think about it - with Beyonce just coming out with her baby bump, you are a member of the elite!!

Have fun!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby meme » September 4th, 2011, 10:51 pm

I say perfect! Honey, your one hot momma! You look quite lovely in it and I don't lie about clothes to people. I wouldn't want someone to tell me I looked good in something and didn't. Once, me and my BF went shopping when we were young. She found an outfit she loved; she asked my opinion and I told her to take it off and find something else. We still laugh about it to this day but she is glad that I told her the truth. You will look beautiful in it; with or without a shawl. Don't you let anyone tell you any differently because it's the truth. You look very fashionable and that is a love bump; be proud of it! You look like a million bucks!
meme

Postby iggylover » September 5th, 2011, 12:27 am

You look absolutely mahvelous dahlink! ;)

You definitely pull that look off better than I could my dear, so wear it and be proud of your little bluebird. :D
iggylover

Postby Thyme » September 5th, 2011, 3:03 am

You look lovely!
But wear the shawl if it makes you feel more comfortable cos it is about how you feel not how anyone else feels
Thyme

Next

Return to Off Topic