Moving Craft Area

Moving Craft Area

Postby Suzan » August 21st, 2011, 12:01 am

Oh wow. I am beat, burned out, and have places hurting that don't even belong to this body. I knew I had a lot of stuff. But sheesh, When it came to clearing off all my shelves which go from floor to ceiling. I never expected to have so much. I filled my dining room table. The little table the cougar sat on, the coffee table, my desk the kitchen counter. And still had to put some stuff in boxes. I have pictures I will post tomorrow showing the cyclone of a mess. But I have my own 7 foot by 8 foot space 2 whole walls and my back is to everyone and I am away from the open part of the kitchen. If I didn't hurt so bad I would be doing the happy dance right now. I still have a ton of organizing, but it felt good to dust all my storage boxes, and get things set the way I want them. The kitties love it to there are a couple of shelves still empty that are kind of high, and they love to explore. I think now a shower and bed.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Re: Moving Craft Area

Postby kathybessey » August 21st, 2011, 12:14 am

Oh wow Suzan! I am so excited for you! Get some rest and hope to catch up with you tomorrow before I head out to the picnic and baptism.
kathybessey

Postby Suzan » August 21st, 2011, 12:21 am

Definately, I am wiped but can't move from my desk. I so want to stay up and play. LOL
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Gigi » August 21st, 2011, 12:44 am

LOL Suzan - that's the sign of a dedicated crafter!! Exhausted but still wanting to play!!

Am excited for you - I so understand the mess - but it's exhilarating to create your new space and you can see the potential. It will be perfect in no time and you will be doing that happy dance tomorrow after a good nights sleep!!

Enjoy - happy for you!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby pigtailpat » August 21st, 2011, 6:51 am

Wow - I am happy for you too! I am so in awe of you guys that have dedicated spaces for crafting. Me, I have to literally carve out space in nooks and crannies in my little home office in the basement. When money is better, I plan to get some really cool shelving from Ikea that they came out with, that will maximize my little nook area so I can get more organized. Luckily, I have one son who is SO handy and can do anything for me.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby Angel135612 » August 21st, 2011, 8:01 am

Congrats Suzan on getting your space organized. I really need to work on my area... but it would take me a month to do it all, and I don't have any place I can put everything when I move it out of my room, until I can get it all back in there. I have shelves on every wall, and plastic containers to put things in, so I can "group" like items together. But I still can't find anything... LOL I do think I need to have Gigi come visit and get me organized... but it probably wouldn't stay that way for long.
We are thinking about building an addition to the house, and if we do, I want to extend my craft room...and I would probably have to move everything out of there for the construction, so that would be a good time to try and organize, but it may not happen for a couple of years yet. We are still in the "thinking about it" stage.. LOL
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby PennyDuncan » August 21st, 2011, 8:02 am

I'm doing the happy dance with you Suzan...I bet your body totally hurts!! LOL But it's so satisfying isn't it!! I can't wait to see pics of your ARTHaven!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Suzan » August 21st, 2011, 8:52 am

pigtailpat wrote:Wow - I am happy for you too! I am so in awe of you guys that have dedicated spaces for crafting. Me, I have to literally carve out space in nooks and crannies in my little home office in the basement. When money is better, I plan to get some really cool shelving from Ikea that they came out with, that will maximize my little nook area so I can get more organized. Luckily, I have one son who is SO handy and can do anything for me.

Pat

That is what I have Pat. The square poles go from floor to ceiling and then the shelves have brackets under neath them so you can adjust your shelves any way you want. They are great. Not to bad to move once you have done a couple of times. And even though I am still part of the living room I am in my own little corner.

And Penny. I guess I am really getting older. The pain oh the pain. I haven't done that much bending and stretching and lifting in goodness knows how long. And there is the rest of the unfun mess to put up still, and I just put my paper on the shelf to get it out of the way so now I have to go back and put it back in its proper order by color. But after some much needed caffeine and some advil I will get going again. Definately going to have to do my logo in vinyl on the wall. And put up a picture of Main Street. And hubby was the best and he hates moving furniture. He even suggested a better way for the living room and where the dining room area will be. That was the shocker. He said I have had an ephiney . Sorry can't spell. And made the decision to flip everything in the living room.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Suzan » August 21st, 2011, 9:18 am

Here are some pictures. The final picture Pat shows the shelves we got from Ikea. I know that day I spent about 400.00 but it wasn't all on shelves. I also bought a desk which turned out to be to small. But one day I will make a new top for it. But what is cool about these shelves is you can totally adjust them to the height you want. And the wood is really light weight but holds up well. I have had them for about 3 and half years now.

And why is it you plan an organized moved and always end up with a disaster. Honestly we had stuff all over the place. LOL. But I am happy so happy. I may not have a door to shut, but I can turn my back on everyone.
The-start.png

The-Middle.png

The-new-space.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby kathybessey » August 21st, 2011, 10:36 am

Love the pictures! I too have a part of the living room by the kitchen. I hate moving things around but LOVE when it is done LOL. I need to get a third desk in my little crafting section before I get the tables for Clawdine.
kathybessey

Postby Retta » August 21st, 2011, 11:02 am

Isn't it great! Love it!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Suzan » August 21st, 2011, 11:03 am

Thanks all. I am loving it too. Especially not smelling my mom cookings scrambled eggs, with bacon, peppers and onions in the mornings.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby kathybessey » August 21st, 2011, 11:04 am

Oh now you are making me hungry!
kathybessey

Postby Gigi » August 21st, 2011, 11:07 am

Oh I LOVE it Suzan - it's great. Cannot wait to see the finished product. I would be ecstatic too!!

Once you get it all set up the way you want it, and your muscles quit screaming, you will REALLY be doing the happy dance!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Suzan » August 21st, 2011, 11:10 am

I can't eat first thing in the morning. i have to wait till about 10'ish and hate the smell of that stuff cooking anyways.

Well the cats have discovered my new area is there haven. They keep exploring the shelves. Puddles worked her way clear to the top shelf yesterday thought she was the queen of it all.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby PennyDuncan » August 21st, 2011, 5:54 pm

WOW I can already see how much work it's been...I know you'll be SO HAPPY once it's all tweeked!! I can't wait to see the finished results!!!!
PennyDuncan

Postby Mary Kobe » August 21st, 2011, 6:03 pm

You have put a lot of time into this! My back hurts just from looking at the pictures!! I need to do this so badly!

A laugh for you: I used the idea of the post office boxes (I didn't want to appear greedy, so I only took 4 and I had one at home). Anyway, my dh was downstairs with me today, and I asked if he would help cut some of the boxes. I showed him EXACTLY what I needed, not once, but THREE fricking times! I had to mark on the boxes "cut here". On the second one I gave him, I only marked "cut here" on one side of the flaps. He said, "something doesn't look right." I told him he had to cut the flaps on the other side. He said, "Well, you didn't write 'cut here' on this one!" :banghead: :banghead:

Seriously?????
Mary Kobe

Postby PennyDuncan » August 21st, 2011, 6:05 pm

Mary Kobe wrote:You have put a lot of time into this! My back hurts just from looking at the pictures!! I need to do this so badly!

A laugh for you: I used the idea of the post office boxes (I didn't want to appear greedy, so I only took 4 and I had one at home). Anyway, my dh was downstairs with me today, and I asked if he would help cut some of the boxes. I showed him EXACTLY what I needed, not once, but THREE fricking times! I had to mark on the boxes "cut here". On the second one I gave him, I only marked "cut here" on one side of the flaps. He said, "something doesn't look right." I told him he had to cut the flaps on the other side. He said, "Well, you didn't write 'cut here' on this one!" :banghead: :banghead:

Seriously?????

:ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: makes you want to :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: doesn't it!!!!!
PennyDuncan

Postby Mary Kobe » August 21st, 2011, 6:08 pm

Or give him a lobotomy! (I did watch a show on tv on how they did lobotomies....if I saw the show again and could slow it down, I could probably perform one for him...I would have to do it step-by-step...pausing and rewinding occasionally!)
Mary Kobe

Postby kim » August 21st, 2011, 7:05 pm

:ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: Mary, I am laughing so hard....sounds like mine.

Suzan, the space looks great and I love the shelves! And join the club....every night Advil is my best friend. I've discovered muscles that I never knew I had. And I hate the smell of bacon in the morning...it takes me until 9 or 10 before I can eat or smell greasy food. And DH is the type that wants a cooked breakfast in the morning. Needless to say, he doesn't get it much. Poor DS is stuck with cereal most mornings or something like french toast.

You are going to enjoy your new space so much. I always love the feeling when I've gotten my area alll organized and I find things that I've had for years and completely forgotten about. And once you have your own room for crafts, you will never be able to go back to the "borrowed" space in the corner of a room. It's good that you have a whole corner. When I was in our bedroom, I had stuff everywhere....closets, underbed, other rooms, every nook and cranny I could find stored my crafts.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Next

Return to Off Topic