Prayers Please For Valerie

Re: Prayers Please For Valerie

Postby kim » April 2nd, 2012, 3:57 pm

I have a couple of family members that I wouldn't mind trading in. I may love them, but that doesn't mean that I have to like them. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: I have one niece (and wouldn't you know that it is on my side of the family, not DH's) that I would really love to jerk her up by the scruff of the neck and tell her to get a grip. She has a wonderful boyfriend and she just uses him. I wish I could get him off by himself and tell him that he really needs to find a girl worthy of him. Not one that is only using him as long as he pays her bills. Not that he would listen. I really hate shallow, manipulative people and that is what my niece is. Hoping she will grow out of this since she is young, but I am afraid that this may be a part of her character. I really don't like discord in family, but I just can't watch her doing this to people, so I just stay away from her for now.

I know Kate wants my MIL since she is missing hers. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: But I am keeping my parents, even if my mother does drive me nuts sometimes. I had her in the car with me today and I had to get some gas and told her we were going to the gas station. I was in the middle of the intersection and she yelled "STOP" so I did. I didn't know if something was about to hit me or what. Then she was saying something about us going to get my dad at the car repair shop. Here I am, stopped in the middle of an intersection and it was because she thought I was going the wrong way...that we were going to get my dad when I told her I needed gas first. She did this about three times before I finally got my dad and told him I don't know how he lets her in the car with him. :ROFLMBO: She doesn't gently tell you something...so that you don't panic!
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Mary Kobe » April 3rd, 2012, 6:11 am

Keeping Valerie, you, and Bryan in my prayers today.

Sending lots of hugs!
Mary Kobe

Postby LisaH » April 3rd, 2012, 7:39 am

Special prayers today Suzan.
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby kim » April 3rd, 2012, 7:51 am

Valerie, Bryan and you will be in my thoughts all day today and I will be praying especially hard today that all goes well. I hope that you (all) will feel the love and support surrounding you today and it will give you strength and comfort.
kim

Postby Gigi » April 3rd, 2012, 9:16 am

Absolutely - prayers and peace of mind and heart.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Phyllis » April 3rd, 2012, 9:32 am

Suzan, my prayers are with you and Valerie today.
Phyllis

Postby Dana » April 3rd, 2012, 9:35 am

Sending my prayers your way today!
Dana

Cutter: Lynx "Nikita"

Postby Suzan » April 3rd, 2012, 10:06 am

OMGosh, thank you even more so. My daughter just shared with me she had a meltdown last night. And as we were talking about it, she shed light on a lot of things, that she hadn't thought of in a long time. It was a horrendous year, lots of bad things happened that year, my dad died unexpectdely, our niece came to live with us another nightmare, my mom broke her leg, and now we know the guy she was dating at the time was physically and emotionally abusive. I told her to let God take complete control. If he is in control the best end will happen. CLOSURE for one, and she may not be rich on earth, but if God has his way she will be blessed for ever. That is very important to our family, blessings, yes we would love to all be rich, but I love the support and love from all my family here and all over the world. You guys are great and Valerie and i know with all the lovely thoughts and prayers going on today, she is completely covered.

Will keep everyone updated
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby kim » April 3rd, 2012, 12:33 pm

I love the song "Jesus take the wheel" because sometimes, we just can't drive and need someone else to take over. And I can tell you, I have been poor (just didn't know it) and I have been not rich, but very comfortable. NOTHING makes your richer than things you CANNOT put a dollar amount on. Money can make some things easier, but it can't make you rich. Of course not having enough money can be a strain. I was watching a part of some show about Lottery winners and it had one woman who won millions and she was just spending away. I guess I just don't get it....there is only so much you can reasonably spend then the rest is just for show. I just think of all the good she could have done with all that money instead of wasting so much of it.

Be thankful the abusive boyfriend was only that, a boyfriend and not a husband and father. I have a friend that helped another friend get away from her abusive husband. Packed up everything, gave her a place to live, the whole thing. The woman went back to him in a week. And apparently, she has been married to this guy for a long time considering that they have 30 year old children. And this is a cycle that she keeps going through. He beats her up, gives her broken bones, bruises, she leaves, she goes back.

I believe in even the bad things we go through, something positive will come out of it. Sometimes it is hard to see it at the time, hard to weather it, but the silver lining will shine through. I love the poem "Footprints". When I am going through a tough time, it helps me to remember that God is carrying me.
kim

Postby Suzan » April 3rd, 2012, 12:40 pm

I so love what you say Kim, Bryan and I have been rich beyond anything in this world and it has nothing to do with money. Love, friends, family, support is what is important to us. I love the poem footprints, I have it right at my front door where I see it several times a day.

Today and friend of ours told her he had been praying and he believes she will no longer need this device and will carry on a full life glorifying God. That to me and her both makes her the richest person in the world.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby kate3 » April 3rd, 2012, 1:00 pm

I have Footprints done on glass and hanging in my sitting room. My daughter gave it to me some years ago. I have always loved it.
Suzan, you can send that nice boy over here. I would love my daughter to meet a nice one. Everyone she meets she makes into her new best friend. I really need that book on flirting for her.
She went to a friends wedding on Saturday with someone she likes. He asked her if she thought there would be any single girls there. She thought what am I? A rock? She did it by turning him into a friend.
Thoughts and prayers are still with Valerie. I have been through a couple of meltdowns with mine and it is not easy. We can hurt for them and be there but not much else other than pray for them.
kate3

Postby Suzan » April 3rd, 2012, 1:05 pm

Thank you Kate
Suzan

Suzan

Postby kim » April 3rd, 2012, 2:01 pm

Yeah, too bad we just can't take their pain. I would willingly take on their pain and they not suffer. It is so much easier than watching a loved one go through something and you can do nothing.
kim

Postby Suzan » April 3rd, 2012, 2:07 pm

Well she left a little while ago to meet with her attorney, She just texted me Here is what she sai
"Everything will be ok I have faith in God and know what to do. And with that she has peace. So I know everything will be fine.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby kim » April 3rd, 2012, 2:52 pm

Too bad you aren't on CST. :ROFLMBO:
kim

Postby Suzan » April 3rd, 2012, 5:38 pm

Ok she is home, her attorney went in with an offer of 95,000. They came back with 20,000. They have a month to settle out of court, Let the games begin.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Gigi » April 3rd, 2012, 5:50 pm

Oh how well I remember the negotiations. We finally agreed to a court mediator and it was the best thing. It was so worth it although emotionally it was SO draining.

Of course they came back low - it is truly the game - darn them!! I am sorry this has to be continued, but please tell her that it does get better and she will end up with a better offer. It's never enough because you can't undo what is wrong which is what everyone would want. But it helps.......

Will continue prayers.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby kim » April 3rd, 2012, 7:01 pm

Her attorney needs to come back with $125000! :ROFLMBO: Everytime they come in under her attorney's dollar amount, go higher. That is my kind of negotiations. Besides the look of the other party's faces, they soon realize that they need to settle in a hurry before it goes even higher. :ROFLMBO:
kim

Postby Thyme » April 3rd, 2012, 7:55 pm

Stand firm and strong Suzan!!
Thyme

Postby Suzan » April 3rd, 2012, 8:40 pm

The sad fact is, they can't go higher, and she won't get 95,000.00 Her attorney went high of course knowing this game would start. And actually it will be done within the month. Probably next week. The reality is. She is considered 20% permantly disabled, she has not loss a limb and that limb functions. I have record all the documents and the court appointed doctor was completely fair. Also with workmans comp, they have guidelines they pay at. Valerie gets 20% pay out, a retraining voucher, and medical for life with this problem. The bad thing is, The adjuster has to approve all doctors visits and procedures, if he is a buthead he can say no, so that part is the hardest you don't know what type of adjuster you are going to get. So Valerie opted for the medical portion buyout. No matter what she will receive 16,000 for the injury and re-training. Plus what ever they settle on the medical buy out. Her attorney assured her that as long as she has a group insurance policy she will be covered with this injury. Workman's comp knows this also. That is why they low balled it so drastically. So they countered with 50,000. Which was the plan. So in all actuallity she could get that but it will probably be lower. We have to be careful also they can reject a buy out and make her have lifetime medical.

Valerie said this morning she was so grateful no one was asking her how she wanted to settle. I was shocked. We talked about it a few weeks ago, but not much lately. She was so grown up and mature about the whole situation. It was funny her going to court with her attorney no one else. Her choice. And it was like she texted me to assure me it was going to be alright. This is one of those days, that her dad and I know that the morals, and things we have taught her and instilled in her are there. The things she does to drive us crazy and immature things she has done lately don't matter. This is a fine young woman, who is looking towards her future, and making very wise decisions. I am so happy I could burst. So yes we are all standing firm and strong, and have the knowledge that our daughter knows what is right and can think things thru.
Suzan

Suzan

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic