Prayers Please For Valerie

Re: Prayers Please For Valerie

Postby LisaH » March 30th, 2012, 8:23 am

Ditto what Kate said
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Suzan » March 30th, 2012, 9:58 am

Ok it is 7:56 and I am at work and the tears of love and happiness are in my eyes.

I know I keep saying Thank you, I just don't feel it is enough.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » March 30th, 2012, 10:31 am

Love what Kate said.

What time is the court hearing? Thinking of you and praying for the best decision possible and acceptance and peace of mind and heart.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Suzan » March 30th, 2012, 11:18 am

It is on April 3, 2012 at 1:30. The nice thing is Valerie doesn't have to do anything, Her attorney will do it all. And that is one big relief and her attorney is a bull dog, and yes she gets a percentage, but she was really great about explaining how it can go and what Valerie should do. Even though the buy out would be a better thing financially, she gave equally the pro's and cons to both sides.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Gigi » March 30th, 2012, 11:35 am

Well that is what her attorney "should" be doing so good for her. There are lots of prayers and warm thoughts that will be with her and hopefully lift her up. Hope you can all have a good weekend and just forget about it for a few days...
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Mary Kobe » March 30th, 2012, 11:41 am

Continuing prayers. Like Gigi said, "have a good weekend and just forget about it for a few days."
Mary Kobe

Postby kate3 » March 30th, 2012, 11:54 am

Suzan wrote:Ok it is 7:56 and I am at work and the tears of love and happiness are in my eyes.

I know I keep saying Thank you, I just don't feel it is enough.

Yes, thank you is so enough and not needed here. It is the same when we lose someone. I am sorry just never seems enough but what is left to say?
kate3

Postby kim » March 31st, 2012, 8:48 pm

Eat some chocolate, do some crafting, and stay on the forum! That way you can relax over this weekend! It's great that Valerie has a great lawyer and still praying that all will go well on the court date. I will be thinking of her on Tuesday and praying especially hard on that day.

And Kate, I agree with you. Retta has such wonderful prayers and she is so good with words. I really abhor when asked to pray out loud at church because I never can put what I want to say into words. I have so much feeling in my heart and my words always fall flat. Retta is so blessed in being able to say so eloquently what the rest of us feel. (of course, I always cry when others pray or even when we sing hymns...it's so embarrassing sometimes).
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby kate3 » March 31st, 2012, 10:24 pm

kim wrote:Eat some chocolate, do some crafting, and stay on the forum! That way you can relax over this weekend! It's great that Valerie has a great lawyer and still praying that all will go well on the court date. I will be thinking of her on Tuesday and praying especially hard on that day.

And Kate, I agree with you. Retta has such wonderful prayers and she is so good with words. I really abhor when asked to pray out loud at church because I never can put what I want to say into words. I have so much feeling in my heart and my words always fall flat. Retta is so blessed in being able to say so eloquently what the rest of us feel. (of course, I always cry when others pray or even when we sing hymns...it's so embarrassing sometimes).

Kim, I never have to do that at church because I have always had a fear of public speaking and they know it. I never even had a friend at school or spoke a word to anyone until grade 6. It was lonely but everyone scared me. The only subject I ever failed in high school was oral English. I had to stand in front of a crowd and speak for 20 minutes and every time they got 20 minutes of silence. I can still hear my parents asking why? They never understood because at home I was their most fearless child but I knew them.
kate3

Postby kim » March 31st, 2012, 10:50 pm

LOL....growing up, I was the shyest person. I just couldn't talk. I've gotten over it since...funny thing about age, it makes you realize that what you were scared of (others' opinions) don't matter as much as they used to. In high school, I didn't do well in my Speech class. Lucky for me, the teacher took pity on me. We had to do an impromtu speech and we drew out of a hat for a subject and then had to talk about it for five minutes. I drew, of all things, SEX. I was so embarrassed and couldn't say a word. I also took piano lessons. I had a recital and was to play a piece that I knew so well, I could play it in my sleep. Too bad I wasn't asleep during the recital, because in the middle of playing, I froze. Couldn't read the music, couldn't play a note. After that experience, I quit lessons right before the recital each year and then started back after the recital. :ROFLMBO: I still get tongue tied and don't care to stand in front of an audience, but I don't feel so shy when in a crowd. And I usually have a good vocubulary, but never seem to have words that express what my heart feels.
kim

Postby Retta » March 31st, 2012, 10:57 pm

If you only knew how close to your stories, my own is. I was scared of people and especially crowds. I guess God had other plans as I now love to teach as much as create in Scrapbooking or art related things. But I was a bumbling fool in a crowd. I always thought, you aren't that stupid, how do you come off sounding like that in a crowd??? I taught our preschool youth group at church and when they are taught to pray, they are just taught to "talk" to God and say what they feel. I guess it helped me too.

Hugs!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby kim » March 31st, 2012, 11:02 pm

I'm fine when I am by myself and I actually do "talk" to God like He is sitting right next to me. I rarely get on my knees and fold my hands. I just talk to Him in the car, while walking, while cleaning house. LOL. If I waited until I got on my knees to pray, I might never pray. Too scared I couldn't get back up!
kim

Postby Retta » March 31st, 2012, 11:04 pm

Oh I understand that getting up!! I'm so glad our church doesn't get down on their knees like our old church did. I would get stuck between the pews. :shock:
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby kate3 » March 31st, 2012, 11:24 pm

Kim, my mother sent me to ballet, tap and Scotish dance classes. I had no rythmn then and I still do not. Our recitals were twice a year at the town hall. I was the one hiding behind the group at least two steps behind everyone else. We all had a solo and they were agony. Once I tried dancing it back stage when the music started and my teacher pushed me on stage. My dad loved it. He called me the comedy act. I am just fine talking to God alone or in church, he doesn't judge.

Retta, I can talk to kids. I even got brave enough to teach an art class in my daughters class once. I taught twice a week for 8 weeks and they were in grade 4. I did it to prove that anyone can paint to the teacher. Not one of the kids in my group believed they could paint but they were so proud of what they did by the end. The teacher accused me of taking them home and fixing them but I would never change anyone's work. I taught them 6 simple strokes and with these anyone can paint. Each week we did each part together at the same stage and the kids couldn't believe how they looked. Their parents were really proud of them too.
It wasn't a large group of kids, only six but adults I still cannot talk in front of. I only started to talk in grade 6 because I was coming first in the class. So they chose me to teach kindergarten while the teacher was sick because my teacher knew I wouldn't fall behind. That teacher ended up being sick for 3 months so I had to talk.
My church still has the get down on your knees about 6 times each time I go. One day soon they will find me stuck there.
kate3

Postby kim » April 1st, 2012, 12:07 am

I'm so glad I'm Baptist so I don't have to get on my knees. :ROFLMBO: Although I think some sects aren't allowed to dance. I would be in trouble then. I used to go to Catholic services and the up/down/up/down was so much that you couldn't get a nap in. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: Sometimes in our church, you have to elbow the man beside you because he fell asleep.
kim

Postby LisaH » April 1st, 2012, 11:53 am

kim wrote:I'm so glad I'm Baptist so I don't have to get on my knees. :ROFLMBO: Although I think some sects aren't allowed to dance. I would be in trouble then. I used to go to Catholic services and the up/down/up/down was so much that you couldn't get a nap in. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: Sometimes in our church, you have to elbow the man beside you because he fell asleep.

I so get that!!! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

I was never the shy one, I taught the Sunday School class just below me for 3 years and also had children's church from the time I was 11 until 14 when Daddy said enough...she needs to be able to to worship and not just teach! I LOVE to dance and have a good time...I don't sing, I did when I was young, but I somehow lost it when I got older :cry: I was the one the teacher had to tell that if I didn't shut up they were going to put me in a room by myself...they knew I wouldn't get a bad grade, cause I never did...even when I didn't pay attention like I was supposed to :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Suzan » April 1st, 2012, 12:19 pm

You all are outrageous I love hearing this stories.

I feel so blessed with this group, we laugh, cry, tease, support, pray, love, argue or disagree, and move on. No drama, just lots of love and support.

Valerie's condition has been life changing for her. It has been very hard and emotional, but God has been by her side the whole time. And she has had so much love and support from friends and family, and extended family, I can't say it is unbelieveable but in this day and age, so many don't care about others, it is all about them, so it is very touching and special to be included in a group of people who have way more serious conditions and problems than she does, to take the time and care, pray and love and support. The whole family thanks you so much. And we will keep everyone updated. The minute we hear anything. And yes it has been a very peaceful but hectic weekend (nothing to do with this). Just the crazyness of the season.

Love to all of you.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby kate3 » April 1st, 2012, 9:27 pm

Suzan,
We are family. An unusual one but still family and we do what we can for that family. You guys are as much my family as my blood ones and married into ones. I even love this family better than some of my own but you have to keep those ones too. :hide: It is the law. :shock:
kate3

Postby Suzan » April 1st, 2012, 9:32 pm

Don't I know it Kate, but maybe we could all trade those we have to keep just to jumble things up a little. LOL
Suzan

Suzan

Postby kate3 » April 1st, 2012, 9:59 pm

Suzan wrote:Don't I know it Kate, but maybe we could all trade those we have to keep just to jumble things up a little. LOL

Deal! You could be very sorry with a couple of mine. We could throw them in a hat and everyone pick a number. :ROFLMBO: Then the winners get to explain why they now belong to another family. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
kate3

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic