Only cutting a couple shapes

Only cutting a couple shapes

Postby gfleener » January 28th, 2022, 1:32 pm

Hello! I've been cutting these stencils for years and all of a sudden I'm having an issue with this one file. I have layers that I cut and layers for etching. When I go to etch and click on "cutter," in the preview it only shows a few tiny shapes, not all of the shapes/text that are in the layer...and it only etches these few dots. What am I doing wrong? Because I'm not doing anything different...and I have many files set up the same way, but this is the only one doing this. I've tried recreating the whole layer, but no luck. All the items I want to etch are selected as visible...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gfleener

Cutter: 13" professional

Re: Only cutting a couple shapes

Postby Gigi » February 12th, 2022, 8:33 pm

Without seeing the actual file, there are many things that cannot be seen. What size mat are you using, where are you setting our origin, etc. Have you selected certain colors to show/not show. There is just a lot of missing information to help determine what might be the cause. You can upload the file here (you have to zip it or upload as an svg file as the forum software does not like the .scut format!) - or you can email the file to me or to Michelle@silverbulletcutters.com.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot