Adobe illustrator error message

Adobe illustrator error message

Postby maxmorris » January 22nd, 2021, 10:34 pm

Hi all,

I am suddenly getting an error message popping up when I try to send my ai or svg file to SCAL5 from illustrator using the script.

It's happening regardless of what file I use. For example, if i start a brand new ai file, draw a rectangle and export that or save it as an svg, i get the same error.

Wondered if anyone else is having this problem or might know the reason why?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maxmorris

Cutter: 18"silver bullet

Re: Adobe illustrator error message

Postby mmhockeyfan » January 23rd, 2021, 1:58 am

Hi,
I don't use the script so I'm not sure what's happening. I can suggest a workaround. I save my AI file as an *.*svg file to SCAL's My Designs folder. Open SCAL, navigate to the Library icon, and click. You should see the My Designs folder and your file. Click on your file and it will be placed on the visual mat in SCAL.
Good luck!
mmhockeyfan

Cutter: Silver Bullet Pro 24"

Postby maxmorris » January 23rd, 2021, 5:15 am

Thanks mmhockeyfan.

Yes, I am doing this as a workaround for now but it was working perfectly so just curious if anyone is experiencing the same issue. I did an update on Illustrator, so it's possible the SCAL5 script also needs to be updated to match Adobe's newest release.
maxmorris

Postby Gigi » January 23rd, 2021, 12:31 pm

As always, you can email Brandon@craftedge.com and ask him if the latest Illustrator update has interfered with the plug in working. I don't use Illustrator but that would be the best way to address a sudden change if nothing else has changed. Also be sure you are running the most recent version of SCAL.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby MeFlick » January 23rd, 2021, 12:40 pm

On a followup note to Gigi's - as she noted, since it is a software issue between SCAL and AI, and you recently updated AI, you would get the best help and information by reaching out to SCAL support directly.

I also wanted to folllow-up on Gigi's note regarding making sure you have the most recent version of SCAL. NEVER trust the SCAL update feature to tell you whether or not you are up-to-date. It has never worked correctly in my years of experience with SCAL. It will often say you are up to date when you are not and there has been an update released. Also, do not trust the download update site for the correct version number either. For whatever reason, they often do not update that when they release a new update. The only way to truly know if you are up to date with the SCAL versions is to do the download and see what version number it lists and compare that to what you have. What downloads is often different from what is listed because they updated but didn't adjust the download version. Not sure why this is always an issue, you would think it would be a natural thing to correct when releasing an update but it does not appear to be so with SCAL!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby maxmorris » January 23rd, 2021, 8:56 pm

Great reply. I will reach out to SCAL to alert them to the issue.

Thank you!
maxmorris

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot