SCAL 4 to cut on multiple machines at the same time

SCAL 4 to cut on multiple machines at the same time

Postby momtomelz » January 24th, 2020, 7:13 pm

Hello!
I have a Silver Bullet and SCAL 4. Am I purchasing another SB.
Am I able to cut the exact same thing I have up on SCAL from one laptop to both machines at the same time?
Thank you for your help in advance :)
momtomelz

Cutter: Long time user of SB cutters

Re: SCAL 4 to cut on multiple machines at the same time

Postby MeFlick » January 24th, 2020, 7:58 pm

It’s been a long time ago, and my memory may be faulty but, I believe I tested this at one time (cutting to multiple machines from one computer) and if my memory is correct you cannot. Perhaps Gigi May know for sure and correct me if I am wrong.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » January 24th, 2020, 8:08 pm

The issue has always been that you cannot install SCAL on more than one device at a time, but this is different. And I don't know of anyone doing it. I would suggest that you contact Brandon at info@craftedge.com.

I just called Sherri to be sure I wasn't missing anything and she said she gave you the same advice. You cannot get better direction than from Sherri so.......Brandon is your best bet as he is the software developer. Please feel free to share the answer here so it may help others in the future. Thank you!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby MeFlick » January 25th, 2020, 5:11 pm

I understand that by the terms of the EULA, a user cannot install one purchased license of SCAL on two computers, and run them both at the same time. In that instance, you must purchase two licenses to install on two computers and run them simultaneously. This is what Gigi is referencing. I also understand that is not what the OP was asking (nor what I was referring to.) I have owned multiple cutters at one time, and when someone else had asked (years ago now) about using one instance of the software on one computer to run two cutters at the same time, I tried it to see if it would work. That I remember doing. :) As I best recall from that testing, you could not, at that time, use two cutters at the same time with one software running on one computer. That does not mean it was not changed in one of the many updates since. So, as Sherri and Gigi noted, the best place to determine the most up to date answer is to reach out to SCAL as this would be dictated by the software it’s self.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot