To/From card, place card, seating card troubles

To/From card, place card, seating card troubles

Postby BackroadDrawl01 » December 21st, 2018, 10:15 pm

Hello all, and sorry for asking this question if it's been answered already. I've searched for hours without avail, but there's a chance I'm just using the wrong terminology which is why I'm not coming up with anything.

My end-goal is to produce a shape of some sort with a name drawn on it. Call it a place card, seating card, a To/From card, etc.

My text is set as "Draw (Pen)" while the shape is set to "Cut". I've tried it both Draw, both Cut, using different colors (to prompt a change of different colored pen), I've played around with different cutter settings (Holder: Blade; blade/pen prompt, cut cut, and cut cut+draw), and all the settings in Holder:Pen. All using the cut mode: Origin Point.

All of them result in the same end-product...the name being shifted down and to the right (I know it has something to do with the Origin Point). The name and shape never align the way they are shown in SCAL4. I can see the shift when I have one set as draw and the other as cut, then go to Cut Settings, then switch the Holder type. I can see the names shift down as if the shapes don't exist. For some reason I can't seem to grasp why it does this. The shape should act as a bound to "lock" the origin point, shouldn't it? Just because it's drawing the letters separately doesn't mean it readjusts the origin point, right?

I hope someone can shed some light on this to help me understand why this is occurring. If it's a setting I'm missing or I'm outright doing it incorrectly, please help. I keep thinking this HAS to be a simple thing but it's frustrating me that I can't grasp it. Thank you in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BackroadDrawl01

Cutter: 13" Silver Bullet Professional

Re: To/From card, place card, seating card troubles

Postby Gigi » December 22nd, 2018, 2:59 am

You sort of answered your own question, you just don't realize it yet! :) Your problem is that you are choosing origiin to cut. Your shape is one layer and your text is another and you said it - you have it set to origin so it is moving the shape and the text to the origin that you set. You need to change it to WYSIWYG to preserve the text within the shape. (Yes it was a simple thing as you guessed! :)) Then it will print and cut it where you have it on the virtual mat, so be sure to set your origin accordingly. Try a few to get the hang of it. Just match your mat size to your page size and set the origin in the lower right corner with the WYSIWYG chosen. Your text will now stay within the shapes/images.

Hope that helps. You should be fine now but if you have questions just let us know. Good luck.

The place cards are really cute and I am sure they will be enjoyed by all!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot