SCAL freezes when I try to select all objects

SCAL freezes when I try to select all objects

Postby Vin » May 9th, 2018, 1:21 am

My SCAL is suddenly freezing up on me when I try to select all my objects on a page. It doesn't happen when I'm selecting smaller objects, and it only happens in one particular file. I can't even copy and paste everything into a new file because I can't select them without the freezing happening. Some of my designs are split up into pieces so I need to select them all together.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Vin

Cutter: 13" Silver Bullet

Re: SCAL freezes when I try to select all objects

Postby MeFlick » May 9th, 2018, 6:41 am

I have not seen anyone here share that problem. Since it is a SCAL issue, and seems to be related to one specific file my best advise is for you to reach out to SCAL support, send them the file and let them see if they can recreate the problem and figure out what it is. They will want to see your file so that they can figure out what is going on with that file. You can log a support ticket with them on their site here:

http://craftedge.com/support/support_form.php

Just in case you (or others) don't know, they also have a users' forum similar to this one here. It can be found here: http://forum.surecutsalot.com It is a good resource to check when you are having a problem like this that is software related. You can check their older threads to see if anyone else has reported a similar issue, or post your issue and see if anyone there has any suggestions. I haven't been there in a while but it is not a heavily visited forum in my experience so it may take a bit for someone to answer if you post there. Which is why the first thing I would do is log the support ticket directly with SCAL support and let them look at the specific file you are having problems with.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » May 9th, 2018, 9:37 am

I support everything Melanie said, but have more questions. You are talking about selecting objects on a page. Are they images or cut files or both? What are you trying to accomplish? Did you import the images? I would suggest you either upload the file here or send it to me at gigi@silverbulletcutters.com so I can look at it. Just be sure I know what you are attempting to do!

I recently spent some time helping a user who was trying to do a print and cut and SCAL kept shutting down. She had jpg clip art that she had traced individually and then duplicated and it created a lot of mixed messages for the software. I am oversimplifying what went wrong, but once I played with it I could see the problem and get it to work. Sometimes it's just a misstep or two that can throw a file off - we all make them and that is how we learn!

Happy to look at it if you want to send it. (scut form) Am gone all morning but can try to get to it later today - or you can upload it here if that is easier, but you have to upload as an svg. I would see if we can figure out the issue first before we send it to Brandon. If the file is clean then by all means!

Thanks for reaching out - between all of us, we will figure it out! :)
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Vin » May 9th, 2018, 11:30 am

Thanks Gigi. I will send the file to your email. It's coming from chaivdesign@gmail.com, in case it lands in your junk mail folder.

It's a cut file, no images. I imported the design from an svg created in illustrator. I've been using this design to cut for a few months now with no issues. This all just started last night.

Basically I need to flip the design to cut it facing the opposite way (because the paper looks cleaner on one side). A little hard to explain but this is why I need to select the whole design to flip it horizontally. But last night when I went to do that I just get a blue dotted rectangle around my selection and then the spinning lollipop freeze thing shows up. I tried again this morning and it's still happening. The only way I am able to get out of it is force quitting SCAL.
Vin

Postby Gigi » May 9th, 2018, 4:26 pm

Received and in the process of resolving the problem. It's not a software or machine problem. We are working through it - just letting anyone who is following this conversation know! :)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Vin » May 11th, 2018, 12:44 pm

Just wanted to add that this indeed was an issue, on my end, with my file and the way I had it set up. Gina helped me resolve the issue (among others) and in the process improved my cutting efficiency. Her response times were very quick and she was so kind to answer every question I had, also giving more suggestions that helped me. Thank you so much Gina! I'm so happy I found the right cutting machine with such helpful support. You guys are the best!
Vin

Postby Gigi » May 11th, 2018, 2:34 pm

You are very welcome. Happy to help.

Gigi
Gigi

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot