font preview not working?

font preview not working?

Postby sewin44 » December 28th, 2016, 9:56 pm

I'm sure hoping someone can help me! I'm trying to use this really neat feature in scal4 where you can select text, font preview, and scroll down the list of fonts, and the word(s) you have on your mat will show up in the font preview box in different fonts. so far so good, but I can't scroll down. I've watched Rob's font preview feature in the beginner's scal class quite a few times, and I think I've done everything he shows to do!
sewin44

Cutter: 15 silver bullet

Re: font preview not working?

Postby mmhockeyfan » December 29th, 2016, 11:08 pm

Hmmm....I haven't encountered that. Perhaps exit SCAL and try again? A suggestion to deselect "Display selection only" and that you have selected the text you want to preview. I love that feature BTW.
Good luck!
mmhockeyfan

Cutter: Silver Bullet Pro 24"

Postby Gigi » December 30th, 2016, 6:08 pm

sewin44

I have been trying to figure out the issue by playing with the Font Preview even though I had not used it before. And I do not have access to the videos you spoke of so I was just trying some common sense - which got me nowhere.

I was experiencing the same problem you were until another member of the support team asked me if I had updated the software. I assumed I was running the latest version because I had not received notification of a newer one. BUT.... there was indeed a new version. And that alleviated the problem.

Once installed the scrolling in the Font Preview works as it should - and you taught me something I had not paid attention to at all! So thank you and I hope what fixed my issue also fixes yours! LMK
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby sewin44 » December 31st, 2016, 1:01 am

Appreciate suggestions.... display selection only was not checked, I'm pretty sure, and this isn't the first time we've tried to do this and had trouble, so I think we have closed the program and opened it again and had the same problem. Also, my 13 year old daughter can't figure it out either, and she's been able to pretty much breeze through everything else ;) Gigi, (or anyone) how do I know if I need to update software? I just installed sure cuts a lot on another laptop, and I purchased the silver bullet and software February or March this year. Has there been an update since then? Thanks for help, even during the holiday time!
sewin44

Postby Gigi » December 31st, 2016, 2:24 am

Normally the software will tell you there is an update when you open it (updates are random and up to the software developer. They can occur monthly, every couple of months - whatever. If there are issues or bugs when the software is new, you typically see more updates. But Brandon is always looking to improve the software and add features...) and there have been quite a few updates this past year. To see what version you have, click on the "Help Button" and then click on the first option - "About Sure Cuts A Lot". You will see version 4.05_. I was running 4.053. When I went to the website, Craftedge.com, I looked at what version he had posted and it is version 4.057. Like I said, normally the software lets you know that there is an update, but for some reason it hadn't this time. It is always a good thing to check periodically if something is not working within the software.

Anyway, I think once you download and install the update, which just takes seconds, you will find that Font Preview works perfectly.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby sewin44 » December 31st, 2016, 9:20 am

Problem SOLVED! Downloaded newest version, and the scroll in preview is working perfectly---many thanks! It is such a neat feature!
sewin44

Postby Gigi » December 31st, 2016, 9:35 am

You are very welcome. Glad it worked. And thanks for teaching me something new! :)

Gigi
Gigi

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot