Print & Cut

Print & Cut

Postby Catlove1023 » November 28th, 2016, 10:14 pm

I have a question. When I use the import or trace of this image in SCAL 4 to attempt to do print and cut of this Grinch image it perfectly outlines the Grinch but leaves that white area in between his legs & feet. Is there anyway I can print and cut that white area between his legs and feet as well?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cathy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Catlove1023

Cutter: 15" Silver Bullet

Re: Print & Cut

Postby Gigi » November 28th, 2016, 11:16 pm

Be sure that when you are tracing you don't have it set to blackout (that will give you just the outline). You can also play with the contrast to see if that outlines the inner. If you only get the outside lines. you can manually trace the inner sections. That is honestly easier than it looks. Just enlarge it and use the manual trace feature.

Honestly I think the contrast will be the answer, but don't be afraid to play with the different options in the trace pop up to see what results you get. Would love to hear what finally works for you.

Ok - I just played with it. I got a perfect trace (well pretty perfect) with mode on single color, contrast on 68, smooth on 82, detail on 50. I just played around and kept hitting update preview until I got close to the desired results. See if that works for you.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Catlove1023 » November 29th, 2016, 12:39 pm

Thanks for your help. As soon as I get home I will try what you suggested. I'll let you know if it works for me.

Thanks again,
Cathy
Catlove1023

Cutter: 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » November 29th, 2016, 3:24 pm

Ok good - it should. And as I said, in the future, don't be afraid to play around with the settings to get the results you want.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot