How to create Draw Lines layer?

How to create Draw Lines layer?

Postby coolhand » February 12th, 2016, 12:59 pm

When I click on the Preview Icon in SCAL and the Preview Options window opens up, I see the top two check boxes are for Show Cut lines (Red) and Show Draw lines (Blue).

My question is, how do I assign a layer as a Draw line (Blue) instead of a Cut line (Red)? All my layers are currently set as Cut lines (Red), I know this because when I toggle the checkbox for Show Cut lines, all the images go from visible to invisible. When I toggle the checkbox for Show Draw lines nothing changes.

I realize that I could simply toggle the layer itself on/off with the eyeball icon. However, I'd like to set up my project so that I'm properly assigning the layers as draw lines ONLY if need be. This will help me when I do Print and Cut as I can then send to my printer and cutter without having to manually toggle those layers on and off via the eyeball each time I use that file.

To be clear, I'm importing a vector PDF, and some of the layers represent numbers and dashed lines that I want to print only, not cut. And like I mentioned, I'm aware that I can turn off the visibility of the layer itself when I cut, but I'd much rather take the time now and set those layers as draw lines only.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the usage of the Show Draw lines?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
coolhand

Cutter: Silver Bullet 18"

Re: How to create Draw Lines layer?

Postby Gigi » February 12th, 2016, 5:49 pm

So basically you are doing a print and cut. I could go into a long explanation, but there is an excellent video under "broadcasts" that takes you through print and cut .

You can also use the tool that looks like a wrench. You will see cut line type. There are four options underneath. You can take the part you want to draw (print), select that and then click on print, cut, draw. They select your cut image and select print cut print.

Watching the video will help more - that's just a short quick way to do it and then proceed with the print and cut in the software. Be sure you have also read the learning center so you understand the basics of the registration mark. Options are limitless.

Hope that helps. I just got out of the hospital and these meds may have made me a little cloudy!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby coolhand » February 12th, 2016, 7:16 pm

Thanks Gigi! The Wrench tool was exactly what I needed!

After using it though, I think I had it wrong in thinking I'd want my layers to be Draw Lines. Instead, it looks like changing them to Print+Cut Print on the Drop Down Menu yielded the results I wanted. Looks like it will print them as I wanted but not cut them!

I'll be sure to check out the video under "broadcasts". I've already watched the videos in the Learning Center and the ScappyDew videos.
coolhand

Cutter: Silver Bullet 18"

Postby Gigi » February 12th, 2016, 11:03 pm

You are welcome. Yes, Print Cut Print is when you are doing a print and want some of it printed - the print cut cut will then cut the layers so designated . You might want to work with some simpler things first while you experiment, then you should be good to go.

Good luck!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot