Question about tablet version of SCAL

Question about tablet version of SCAL

Postby pigtailpat » January 26th, 2016, 7:18 pm

I had a freebie tablet that was gifted to me by my friend which died. So I had to replace the tablet. This particular tablet has an actual USB port and it has USB host ability.

So what does this mean for me in terms of the android/tablet version of SCAL? Does this mean that if I purchase the tablet version, I can simply connect my cat or gaz to the tablet and using SCAL cut? I probably would NOT design on the tablet - NO WAY - too small - but seeking simply as a way of cutting more often with the cat in a more secure location that would not endanger the acrylic tables. It also would make things so much easier to transport for out of the house cutting with the gazelle - as I would only need the tablet in addition to the gazelle (with the mats of course and media). The gaz is my portable/small media machine, and the cat does everything else. I keep rearranging stuff in my little space, and I just cannot seem to come up with a permanent solution that I like. So I am thinking that perhaps tablet cutting might give me some options for placing the cat in the right spot. I envision uploading the file to be cut to my dropbox, and then at the tablet download the file from dropbox so it can be physically cut. I previously looked at the android SCAL when the on the go cable was a possibility for me, but now that I have an actual USB port, I am revisiting this possibility.

Thanks.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Re: Question about tablet version of SCAL

Postby PennyDuncan » January 27th, 2016, 10:23 am

Hey Pat pigtailpat Yes ma'am......It does mean that...I have a Note 4 phone and a Tab S4...previously had a 10" Note and all of them work with the proper connection.....like butter actually!!! ;)
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby pigtailpat » January 27th, 2016, 6:56 pm

Penny let me ask you - if I design a file inside SCAL 4 on the desktop, and then go to the tablet version which is SCAL 3 I think, will the tablet SCAL open the file created with SCAL 4? I don't anticipate file creation on the tablet, as it is just too small for me to see what I am doing, but it is big enough to let me see to simply cut a file previously created elsewhere.

Thanks.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby PennyDuncan » January 27th, 2016, 8:29 pm

Yes it does...... ;)
PennyDuncan

Postby pigtailpat » January 28th, 2016, 1:16 pm

thanks so much - I am seriously considering getting the tablet version then. But I have to put my thinking cap on and determine where my final resting place for the cat will be first.

Pat
pigtailpat

Postby PennyDuncan » January 30th, 2016, 8:09 am

Good Luck with your decision......I have moved mine so many time...LOL everytime I get the bug to move around my ARTHaven......LOL
PennyDuncan

Postby pigtailpat » January 31st, 2016, 7:06 am

Oh so you know my dilemma??????????? I just can't decide what to do about a good place for the machine. Because it is the 18, it won't fit on the stand made for the 24, and really, that's what I want a stand to fit the 18 machine. And YES I've considered the rolling carts, but for my space and lifestyle - it just doesn't seem to do. Sigh.......

Pat
pigtailpat

Postby PennyDuncan » January 31st, 2016, 9:29 am

Oh I can definitely understand. .LOL....I don't have the stand. ....it is challenge to find the perfect spot for my 24".....;)
PennyDuncan

Return to Sure Cuts A Lot